• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Room on the Roster by position

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how crazy NinerSickness would be if the Niners signed Vick to the highest paid backup of all-time pay? If I weren't a Niners fan, it would funny to see. Except, I wouldn't know Sickness if I weren't a Niners fan. Paradox now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wonder who the highest paid backup QB of all time is now that you mention it. And I don't mean like a guy a team envisioned as a starter like Matt Flynn. I mean a guy brought in to be a backup.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who the highest paid backup QB of all time is now that you mention it. And I don't mean like a guy a team envisioned as a starter like Matt Flynn. I mean a guy brought in to be a backup.

I'd say Hasselbeck (3.625). Matt Moore ($4M) made more (pardon the pun) but he could at least believe he was competing for the starting job? Top 10 Highest-Paid Backup Quarterbacks in the NFL for 2013/2014 - TheRichest

Shaun Hill made 4.8 for Detroit, but was that money we owed him and we traded him? Or did his agent negotiate that?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Luke Marquardt will compete for OL too. He's the other rookie we red shirted, something like 6'7"'320 lbs. so maybe our swing OT of the future?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Luke Marquardt will compete for OL too. He's the other rookie we red shirted, something like 6'7"'320 lbs. so maybe our swing OT of the future?

I think it's extremely doubtful he makes the final roster unless they cut Snyder. Same with Carter Bykowski.

One of those 2 have a good chance of making the roster if they don't draft an OL in the first 5 rounds IMO. Cyrus Kouandjio could be the Marcus Lattimore of this season if he drops far enough.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just gonna make my own 53-man roster with players I want in the draft and players I think the 49ers keep.

QB (3) - Kap, Josh Freeman, Boyd
RB (4)- Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Sankey
FB (2)- Miller, Tukuafu/Dixon
WR (6)- Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Cooks, Moncrief, Baldwin
OL (8)- Staley, Iupati, Davis, Boone, Kilgore, Looney, Snyder, Richburg/Swanson

DL (8)- Justin, Ray, Ian, Tank, Dorsey, TJE, Dial, Easley
LB (7)- Willis, Aldon, Brooks, Wilhoite, Moody, Lemonier, Skuta
CB (7)- Brock, Culliver, Wright, Morris, Tillman, Jean-Baptiste, Gaines
S (5)- Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman, Ventrone

SP (3)- Lee, Dawson, McDermott

What about the TE position?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE: (0) Unless a guy they like really falls I don't see 'em adding a TE.

I'm a little concerned about the TE position behind Davis. McDonald didn't show much and Celek isn't much of a receiver. I could see Austin Seferian-Jenkins slip after needing to have foot surgery now (which would fit your scenario if a guy really falls) or I wouldn't mind drafting someone like Niklas or Murphy in the 3rd or 4th round in case McDonald continues to slump. Cut Carrier or Celek and the 2014 draftee makes the team.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just gonna make my own 53-man roster with players I want in the draft and players I think the 49ers keep.

QB (3) - Kap, Josh Freeman, Boyd
RB (4)- Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Sankey
WR (6)- Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Cooks, Moncrief, Baldwin
OL (8)- Staley, Iupati, Davis, Boone, Kilgore, Looney, Snyder, Richburg/Swanson

DL (8)- Justin, Ray, Ian, Tank, Dorsey, TJE, Dial, Easley
CB (7)- Brock, Culliver, Wright, Morris, Tillman, Jean-Baptiste, Gaines
S (5)- Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman, Ventrone

TE (3)- Vernon, McDonald, Celek

I'm gonna say Boyd, Dial and Vetrone don't make the team. I see no reason to carry 3 QBs. I think all we need is a veteran back up.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now it's finished.

QB (2)- Kap, Josh Freeman
RB (4)- Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Sankey 4th
WR (6)- Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Cooks 1st, Moncrief 2nd, Baldwin
OL (8)- Staley, Iupati, Davis, Boone, Kilgore, Looney, Snyder, Richburg/Swanson 3rd

DL (7)- Justin, Ray, Ian, Tank, Dorsey, TJE, Easley 3rd
CB (7)- Brock, Culliver, Wright, Morris, Tillman, Jean-Baptiste 2nd, Gaines 3rd
S (4)- Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna say Boyd, Dial and Vetrone don't make the team. I see no reason to carry 3 QBs. I think all we need is a veteran back up.

I'd like to see 3 QBs on the roster kap, a vet, and one that is being groomed. We don't have some one locked up in that position long term and the 9ers shouldn't put them selves in that position. Got to have options moving forward.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Regarding TE, I was thinking about this and want to see if it is still a need next year. Use the picks this year to hit WR, CB, S needs etc. He was getting snaps and deserves a little more time before we add another high round pick to that position. He was mostly relegated to getting up to speed with blocking and was underutilized as a receiving threat. Adding a fast WR threat could also help him a lot. Was disappointed we couldn't exploit mismatches with him last year, but maybe we start seeing it more this year.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding TE, I was thinking about this and want to see if it is still a need next year. Use the picks this year to hit WR, CB, S needs etc. He was getting snaps and deserves a little more time before we add another high round pick to that position. He was mostly relegated to getting up to speed with blocking and was underutilized as a receiving threat. Adding a fast WR threat could also help him a lot. Was disappointed we couldn't exploit mismatches with him last year, but maybe we start seeing it more this year.

Yeah I know what you mean and I'm sure they think Vance will improve which will make the need for another TE somewhat minimal. I would just like some insurance just in case Vance doesn't get it together.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sankey will probably go in 2nd or 3rd!

Yeah he prolly will be selected in the 2nd or 3rd. Hyde is the #1 ranked RB and he is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd. So Im hoping Sankey, Hyde or maybe Carey falls into the 3rd or 4th round.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I know what you mean and I'm sure they think Vance will improve which will make the need for another TE somewhat minimal. I would just like some insurance just in case Vance doesn't get it together.

I do not mind them going after another TE later in the draft. But do it from the 5th round on to see if they can find another DW. I think Baalke has a tendency to get too creative and smart with some of these picks. As long as we get a CB and WR right away, then he can get as creative and smart as he wants to. But there's plenty to do before the 5th round that doesn't involve TE this year.

If we're still hurting for a 2nd TE next year, they can go hog wild.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd like to use as much of a BPA approach as possible through the mid-rounds this year. We don't have a ton of glaring needs this year, outside of WR, CB, and possibly SS. We need to take advantage of all our picks to build as strong and deep a roster as we can before we start shoveling cash into the QB position.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The fact that the Niners only have room for about 4 more CBs on the roster is more reason I don't want the Niners to sign Tarrell Brown. If they sign Brown I can't see them signing an Antonio Cromartie or a Vontae Davis or Walter Thurmond. The CB draft class is so deep I want 'em to draft like 3 of 'em. Maybe EJ Gaines & Jaylen Watkins in the later rounds (Watkins could back up FS in a pinch 'cause he has experience there).

Take advantage of the depth at CB in this draft class and sign just one really good CB rather than a couple of mediocre ones.