• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookie minicamp

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little writeup from Saturday minicamp from Broaddus.

Scout's Eye: Gregory & Goodley Made An Impression On Saturday | Dallas Cowboys

Not that playing in only helmets is much more of an indicator of playing Football than the combine, but these two I found interesting:

Keep an eye on Jason Wilson the cornerback out of Central Michigan this summer. He might not have had to cover the most elite talent in college football, but so far in the pros he has covered everyone they have asked him to. Wilson has lined up outside and in the slot as well, which shows me that these coaches have a vision for where he might fit in this scheme. At 6-0, 185, he looks much bigger on the field and he plays bigger as well. He is physical in the press and when he gets his hands on the receiver, he keeps them along the line. Like Byron Jones in coverage, he fights every step of the way and technique-wise is much further along than others in the camp.

Thought it was a better day for Laurence Gibson at offensive tackle, but the guy that stood out for me in regard to how well he was able to pass protect was Reshod Fortenberry out of Texas Tech. Fortenberry is an invited workout guy that is trying to fight his way onto the training camp roster and he is making a nice case for himself. It has not mattered who he has had to face, whether it was Randy Gregory or Ryan Russell – he has managed to hold his own. He is the one offensive tackle that, technique and power-wise, has been able to keep his man away from the quarterback consistently as the others have struggled. He has looked very comfortable in this camp.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • On Mini Camp Live - I mentioned Tim Scott, a safety out of North Carolina. Here is his scouting report:
    “Lines up as a corner but the projection is for him to play safety. Quick footed player. Will line up down in the box in certain packages as a linebacker. Appears to play faster than 40 time. Can pick up receivers out of the slot. Plays with some range down the field. Not afraid to lay the hit on a receiver but needs to wrap up better. Looks relaxed in the way he moves. Quick to react to the screen. Is aware to what is going on around him. Will be physical when he has to play press coverage. Is always working toward the ball. Knows where to be in the route. Size limits his role as a strong safety but appears to be a good fit as a free.”

Interesting. Lines up as a corner, projected to play safety and plays LB in certain packages and appears a good fit at FS? I guess it goes without saying that it seems to good a fit to be true. I think we need to see the cons on this guy...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for pads to come on next month!!!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • On Mini Camp Live - I mentioned Tim Scott, a safety out of North Carolina. Here is his scouting report:
    “Lines up as a corner but the projection is for him to play safety. Quick footed player. Will line up down in the box in certain packages as a linebacker. Appears to play faster than 40 time. Can pick up receivers out of the slot. Plays with some range down the field. Not afraid to lay the hit on a receiver but needs to wrap up better. Looks relaxed in the way he moves. Quick to react to the screen. Is aware to what is going on around him. Will be physical when he has to play press coverage. Is always working toward the ball. Knows where to be in the route. Size limits his role as a strong safety but appears to be a good fit as a free.”
Interesting. Lines up as a corner, projected to play safety and plays LB in certain packages and appears a good fit at FS? I guess it goes without saying that it seems to good a fit to be true. I think we need to see the cons on this guy...

sounds good and we need a FS

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounding good....love to see Wilcox & church battle for strong safety minutes

Yup, that would be ideal. Having those two on the field together is redundant and leaves Dallas weak in pass coverage. I would like to see Wilcox eventually supplant Church - Wilcox is a more athletic version of Church just not as consistent IMO.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox should be moved to line backer. He is not a fs.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones or white need to be put in at fs. Wilcox can't cover for shit.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayburn more than likely never plays,another down for cowboys. We need a couple rooks to impress

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is getting rave reviews. Looks like another big 1st round hit for the Cowboys

Hope so. I like to see them in preseason before I get too excited, but it is always good to hear positive things.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so. I like to see them in preseason before I get too excited, but it is always good to hear positive things.
Yep. It's early, but hearing how smart and dedicated he is, hard not to get pumped. Physically, he's a straight freak