• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude really . I am a embarrassment? What have I done to embarrass you and the board. Come on man lighten up it's a sports board not the Wall Street Journal. You guys do your thing I will do mine. Free speech.

Mays-Fan, it's fine, no need to ban this idiot. Put him on ignore.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His endless barrage of pointless threads still clogs up my Forum page, though.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His endless barrage of pointless threads still clogs up my Forum page, though.

It's just pixels. Not that hard to ignore his own threads. A bit harder when he's replying in other ones, but you can just scroll past him. I'm saddened that he turns out to be such a dingdong, but he might be autistic or something, doesnt seem to realize how he looks to others. I'm just gonna take what I learned today about him and ignore from now on.

Kinda hard to keep positive after this crappy week of Giants baseball. The Giants have been dicks to us this week too.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow so proud of who I am not to conform to the thinking of others just to conform and be accepted. If you look back at all my writings I am the most positive person on this board. I have been a Giants fan for over 40 years. Since being attacked all I have done is stick up for who I am and have the right to write poetry,stories or whatever else I desire to write. Why do you want me to conform to you're ways? Are you Americans? What have I done to be considered a outcast here on the board. I am not you and you are not me. I will say this one more time. You do your thing and I will do mine. It's a sports board for everyone and different thoughts. Why do you guys sour on free speech ? This is a board for Giants fans ...at least I came here thinking that. So much bitterness towrads me...why? Just writing about ball and my love for sports.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB, I don't think you understand "free speech". For example, "free speech" does not mean that one can come to my house, knock on my door and say whatever one likes for as long as one likes. If you don't let me close the door or refuse to leave my property, I call the cops and have you arrested.
Another example : I belong to an imaginary private club called the "I love green corner". I am not required (nor is my club) to give anyone a platform to speak on why green sucks.

Another example : a private web site has forums where members can post their opinions. It is a "community" of people. If one posts enough annoying or insulting posts, it is possible said person would be excluded from "the community", would lose their membership, and would no longer be permitted to post. There is no "free speech" issue involved. Just as any church can exclude a member, the boy scouts can exclude people, as can the NAACP, etc. ,etc., etc.

I am not saying one way or another whether you are right or wrong, annoying or positively cheerful, or anything else in your recent posts. All I am saying is that your use of "free speech" in many of your recent posts annoyed the heck out of me. Also, that if "they" (whoever "they" are) decide you are more a negative than a positive to the board, you shouldn't be surprised if you are excluded. It ain't a "free speech" issue at all.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for letting me know that there is an "ignore this user" feature on this board. It wasn't that obvious to find, but once I knew something like that existed, it wasn't too difficult to find. Thx MSG!

Last edited by a moderator:

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB, I don't think you understand "free speech". For example, "free speech" does not mean that one can come to my house, knock on my door and say whatever one likes for as long as one likes. If you don't let me close the door or refuse to leave my property, I call the cops and have you arrested.
Another example : I belong to an imaginary private club called the "I love green corner". I am not required (nor is my club) to give anyone a platform to speak on why green sucks.

Another example : a private web site has forums where members can post their opinions. It is a "community" of people. If one posts enough annoying or insulting posts, it is possible said person would be excluded from "the community", would lose their membership, and would no longer be permitted to post. There is no "free speech" issue involved. Just as any church can exclude a member, the boy scouts can exclude people, as can the NAACP, etc. ,etc., etc.

I am not saying one way or another whether you are right or wrong, annoying or positively cheerful, or anything else in your recent posts. All I am saying is that your use of "free speech" in many of your recent posts annoyed the heck out of me. Also, that if "they" (whoever "they" are) decide you are more a negative than a positive to the board, you shouldn't be surprised if you are excluded. It ain't a "free speech" issue at all.

This is not you're house and this is a public not a private community board. If you want to ignore me that's fine. My posts are for those who want to read them and are Giants fans. Peace,Man.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this thread has gotten WAY out of hand. I will lock it later tonight (so as to let anyone who hasnt said their piece a chance to get in before it is closed).

My final (?) piece on this...

I personally am not a fan of BoBs writing, but that is MY issue, not his. However, I still have the right to write about my issues with his writing (right?). This has nothing to do with "Free Speech". Free Speech only applies to the government suppressing it anyway. Putting that aside, how is my saying I have a problem with his posts stepping on his free speech, while his saying he has a problem with my post about his post NOT an issue of his stepping on my free speech rights? I dont follow the logic there. It has a tint of TrueNiners to it, me thinks...

As a mod of this forum (and I have not spoken to Stokes about this, but I think it safe to assume we are on the same page) BoB is in no danger of getting banned. There is only one person banned from this board, and that is from YEARS of stated intention of ruining the community. Bob has a style. That is all. That style may not appeal to some of us, but as I stated earlier, that is OUR issue, not his. And we have the right to voice our displeasure with our issue.

Finally, BoB has taken a severe beating in this thread. He has snipped back once. I think it can be forgiven, given the beating he has received.

We have made our opinions known. BoB can listen, or he can not. Either is his choice. As msg said, we are also allowed to learn from his decision. Let's leave it at that. If you so please, there are ignore features on this site.

Now, back to the griping about the piss-poor performance our team has displayed over the last week-plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.