• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo "leaning" towards surgery

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about let's make our friggin mind up and get the surgery done if it's needed!

The Dallas Morning News reports Tony Romo is "leaning" toward undergoing surgery on his left collarbone.

It appears Romo will undergo a "Mumford procedure," where a portion of his clavicle is "shaved off or removed." Romo has broken his left collarbone three times since 2010. Romo, who turns 36 in April, will likely miss a big chunk of the offseason program. Finding either Romo's heir apparent or a competent backup should be a priority for Big D.

Source: Dallas Morning News
Feb 23 - 3:46 PM

He's broken the same collarbone 3 times ???

Time for Romo to retire. Get Kaepernick or RGIII.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, that settles it, Manziel will be the Cowboys QB

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about let's make our friggin mind up and get the surgery done if it's needed!
The Dallas Morning News reports Tony Romo is "leaning" toward undergoing surgery on his left collarbone.
It appears Romo will undergo a "Mumford procedure," where a portion of his clavicle is "shaved off or removed." Romo has broken his left collarbone three times since 2010. Romo, who turns 36 in April, will likely miss a big chunk of the offseason program. Finding either Romo's heir apparent or a competent backup should be a priority for Big D.
Source: Dallas Morning News
Feb 23 - 3:46 PM

Every defensive player in the league will be told to take Romo down hard on his left side.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Break it down, looking at the current condition of Tony Romo ..what are the Cowboys needs?
Now remember, life handed a hard lesson to all Cowboys fans last year. The back up QB is not an after thought.

So with lesson in hand, having a real starter on hand is need number 1, one who at least has a prayer of winning a couple of play off games, other wise what's the point? This team as a whole is good enough for the post season with a decent starter.

That said, the Cowboys also need their next franchise QB. Odd's tell you it's not going to be the back up starter we need in place for 2016. There is no choice but to assume he won't be.

Nobody wants to to spend a high draft pick on a QB. But that brings in that ancient battle between doing what you need to do vs doing what you want to do.

The football Gods rarely give you the gift of seeing the future. But the have shown you life without Romo, and now they have shown you life without Romo permanently is closer than you think. And they have shown you this 2 months before the draft.

Ignore the Gods at your peril.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though We have drafted well over the last several drafts, say maybe the past 3 to 4 years outside of Escobar. I'm very reluctant to trust JJ and the gang. I thing He's going to make a what the hell pick this year in either the 1st or second round. He have to hit with our 1st round pick and truthfully we need to hit with 2 starters, 1 future starter, and a key special teams guy to get this team headed back in the right direction.

Goff would be my pick if he makes it past Cleveland. My gut says Ramsey.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Break it down, looking at the current condition of Tony Romo ..what are the Cowboys needs?
Now remember, life handed a hard lesson to all Cowboys fans last year. The back up QB is not an after thought.

So with lesson in hand, having a real starter on hand is need number 1, one who at least has a prayer of winning a couple of play off games, other wise what's the point? This team as a whole is good enough for the post season with a decent starter.

That said, the Cowboys also need their next franchise QB. Odd's tell you it's not going to be the back up starter we need in place for 2016. There is no choice but to assume he won't be.

Nobody wants to to spend a high draft pick on a QB. But that brings in that ancient battle between doing what you need to do vs doing what you want to do.

The football Gods rarely give you the gift of seeing the future. But the have shown you life without Romo, and now they have shown you life without Romo permanently is closer than you think. And they have shown you this 2 months before the draft.

Ignore the Gods at your peril.

I know its put there....but if the Cowboys can't vtrade down, I'd have no problem "reaching" for Elliott. A dynamic young RB would help keep Romo upright

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just relax guys......everything is under control. :D

wwww.jpe

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott at 4??????????
Oh I know, 10 spots too early.. but I've always thought going by the concensus mocks was silly. Take the Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf debate... more(not all) had Manning going #1....but 90% of the league had Leaf going #2. Now look at any great RB.....forget AP or Emmitt, look at Gurley last season....everyone would have said he would be a reach at 4, but he wouldn't have been

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot isn't as dynamic as Gurley. Most considered it a reach to take Gurley that high coming off a knee injury. I'll venture to guess Elliot will still be on the board at 20. If we somehow miss out on our top 2 choices at 4, I'd be willing to take a sweetheart deal and take less than market value for a top 5 pick - if it lands me 2 top 40 picks to pair with our own 2nd rounder. Give me Elliott, Andrew Billings and another defender that can rotate in or start this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot isn't as dynamic as Gurley. Most considered it a reach to take Gurley that high coming off a knee injury. I'll venture to guess Elliot will still be on the board at 20. If we somehow miss out on our top 2 choices at 4, I'd be willing to take a sweetheart deal and take less than market value for a top 5 pick - if it lands me 2 top 40 picks to pair with our own 2nd rounder. Give me Elliott, Andrew Billings and another defender that can rotate in or start this year.
I think a trade down is a wise move because over the last few years when it has been more about Stephen and McClay than Jerry, the Cowboys have nailed every first round pick they've had, and that's been picking in the middle to end of the round. I think if they can have 3 picks in the top 40, there's a great chance they hit on two and a possibility they hit on all three

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I want no part of taking any RB that is out there at #4, I do agree on using the mocks as a guide to slot guys at. I just don't get why people think the mocks will resemble reality. If nothing else it only takes one team to have a guy ranked differently to get him drafted differently. You pay your scouts to tell you who to pick, not Mel Kiper. When I see people saying trade down 4 or 5 spots then take "player x" I always wonder why they think player X is a good pick at 9, but not 4 and also that he still will be available at 9.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I want no part of taking any RB that is out there at #4, I do agree on using the mocks as a guide to slot guys at. I just don't get why people think the mocks will resemble reality. If nothing else it only takes one team to have a guy ranked differently to get him drafted differently. You pay your scouts to tell you who to pick, not Mel Kiper. When I see people saying trade down 4 or 5 spots then take "player x" I always wonder why they think player X is a good pick at 9, but not 4 and also that he still will be available at 9.
Exactly my thoughts. I'm higher than most people on Elliott, and I think behind our OL, he would be a monster. Trade down would be the best way to get him, but after he ran in the 4.4's at the combine, he is moving toward the top 10 in a lot of mocks

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pissed if they take
Elliott at 4 with all the other urgent needs we have.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has successful surgery. Recovery 6-8 weeks

I say this a lot because I find it funny, but have we ever heard a report that said the surgery wasn't successful???

What's the doctor going to say, "boy, I kind of fucked up his collarbone today. His playing days are over"

Romo Has Successful Collarbone Surgery; 6-8 Week Recovery Timetable

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has successful surgery. Recovery 6-8 weeks

I say this a lot because I find it funny, but have we ever heard a report that said the surgery wasn't successful???

What's the doctor going to say, "boy, I kind of fucked up his collarbone today. His playing days are over"

Romo Has Successful Collarbone Surgery; 6-8 Week Recovery Timetable
When it come to DRs and surgery I think they are taught canned answers. My wife hade her Mitral valve replaced, this requires them to REMOVE her heart from her body, and the Dr looked me in the eye and said "No concerns, it's just a MINOR operation". My boss and I just looked at each other in disbelief.