• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo injury

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is my guy and I have a tendency to get dramatic, but Im starting to get a little worried. I have now seen two coaches come out a say he was a little slow last week , whether that means speed or just doing things - I dont know. Then I see a chat from Gosslein??? - you Texas people may know about his opinion more than me. The question was over or under 12.5 games for Romo - it may have been 13.5- anyway the guy took the under. Stephen Jones seems sure he will be 100 percent and rehab is going better than expected. I guess I should roll with that??

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it is too early to know which side is being realistic. Writers need drama and the FO needs lack-of-drama, so both are pumping that stuff out at a rapid pace.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is my guy and I have a tendency to get dramatic, but Im starting to get a little worried. I have now seen two coaches come out a say he was a little slow last week , whether that means speed or just doing things - I dont know. Then I see a chat from Gosslein??? - you Texas people may know about his opinion more than me. The question was over or under 12.5 games for Romo - it may have been 13.5- anyway the guy took the under. Stephen Jones seems sure he will be 100 percent and rehab is going better than expected. I guess I should roll with that??

I just heard they took him out back and shot him...It's Weeden Time!!!

It's May for crying out loud!!! We need to give the guy time to heal. I've been telling you that a 34 year old NFL QB that has had 2 back surgeries in the last 3 years is going to be a question mark. It's possible all of his best years are behind him at this point. We paid him for what he had already done at least as much as what he may do going forward. This is why we need Orton to hang around for at least one more year. But, a healthy Tony Romo is still our best chance to win games and is still better than most starting NFL QBs. My gut tells me he will be OK for the start of the season (which is almost 4 months away). Why risk injuring him at this point. Just let him heal and let's hope he is at 100% by Week 1.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard they took him out back and shot him...It's Weeden Time!!!

It's May for crying out loud!!! We need to give the guy time to heal. I've been telling you that a 34 year old NFL QB that has had 2 back surgeries in the last 3 years is going to be a question mark. It's possible all of his best years are behind him at this point. We paid him for what he had already done at least as much as what he may do going forward. This is why we need Orton to hang around for at least one more year. But, a healthy Tony Romo is still our best chance to win games and is still better than most starting NFL QBs. My gut tells me he will be OK for the start of the season (which is almost 4 months away). Why risk injuring him at this point. Just let him heal and let's hope he is at 100% by Week 1.

I know man. Its just weird for me with Romo. Call me whatever. Favorite players come and go, whether it be Pearson, Dorsett, Woodson, Irvin, Aikman. Maybe the internet thing not being around back then kept me from becoming so invested in a player. The constant bashing he takes from the TV to even his own fans at times - granted some of it is his on doing- has made me have to stick up and back him so much I really dont know how it will be when he is no longer here. He is racing against the clock now. I want so bad to tell the haters I told you so. They are getting the last laugh right now

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know man. Its just weird for me with Romo. Call me whatever. Favorite players come and go, whether it be Pearson, Dorsett, Woodson, Irvin, Aikman. Maybe the internet thing not being around back then kept me from becoming so invested in a player. The constant bashing he takes from the TV to even his own fans at times - granted some of it is his on doing- has made me have to stick up and back him so much I really dont know how it will be when he is no longer here. He is racing against the clock now. I want so bad to tell the haters I told you so. They are getting the last laugh right now

I think the ball washers are as bad as the haters.
It remains a team game and Romo has a large part in the good and the bad

TheWavekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that being said, what's the deal with Orton?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that being said, what's the deal with Orton?

IMO he doesn't want to leave money on the table, but doesn't want to play for Dallas anymore. I think he is done with football, so no rush to be released. I'd bet good money his agent has been telling Dallas what it will take to buyout Orton. Maybe a special assistant title that doesn't require any work and a nice paycheck in return for filing retirement papers.

TheWavekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I see. No doubt they are going to be looking hard at the QB position in next year's draft.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I see. No doubt they are going to be looking hard at the QB position in next year's draft.

Unless he gets hurt again, I dont think so. When Johnny Football was sitting there at 16 and JJ passed - thats all I needed to know.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he gets hurt again, I dont think so. When Johnny Football was sitting there at 16 and JJ passed - thats all I needed to know.

Not me .... Called in advance ... Hell called it last offseason

Johnny Football is a NFL BUST

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you. His career has been nothing short of the sports version of a Italian opera. And if nothing else he has handled it with class. He has another 3 months which is alot of time, let's see what happens.

And for the record, there is nothing wrong with being non delusional Romo fan.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt necessarily meaning the football player Johnny Football eventhough I do think he will be ok in the NFL. I was more thinking the drama/ story when we picked. That is JJs drug- to be the center of attention and thats exactly what that would have been. Imagine the Titans taking Manzeil- they would have gone from one of the least talked about teams to one of the top 5 to 10 most popular teams in the matter of one decision. Instead they chose to keep it simple and stay under the radar,

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ball washers are as bad as the haters.
It remains a team game and Romo has a large part in the good and the bad

When he first took over- there were plenty of those so called ball washers. I dont see many now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt necessarily meaning the football player Johnny Football eventhough I do think he will be ok in the NFL. I was more thinking the drama/ story when we picked. That is JJs drug- to be the center of attention and thats exactly what that would have been. Imagine the Titans taking Manzeil- they would have gone from one of the least talked about teams to one of the top 5 to 10 most popular teams in the matter of one decision. Instead they chose to keep it simple and stay under the radar,

I remain thankful jerry didn't add JF behind Romo. That may have everything to do with me thinking Romo starts the season with no ill effects from the off season. I also think it was football bad for this team and where they are at. I know I'm not a big fan of JF but I won't bet against him. I've actually come around to liking the football player and pullin for him to some degree.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he first took over- there were plenty of those so called ball washers. I dont see many now.

I think quite a few of them jumped over to the other side. Folks chug that Disney Kool-Aide by the gallon. He deserves his fair share of blame, but the notion that he holds back an incredibly talented team is laughable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not true. Guy had back surgery and it's May. What last laugh are they getting? Look at Manning. Went through his stuff and came back the about the best QB in the history of the league. Start to worry if he doesn't play in a preseason game, but even that won't be a huge problem. Maybe he's fine in a week and maybe he misses the year, but we don't know yet. Most important thing is no set backs

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Not true. Guy had back surgery and it's May. What last laugh are they getting? Look at Manning. Went through his stuff and came back the about the best QB in the history of the league. Start to worry if he doesn't play in a preseason game, but even that won't be a huge problem. Maybe he's fine in a week and maybe he misses the year, but we don't know yet. Most important thing is no set backs

I should have chosen my words better. As of now, he has just put up some really good numbers. 0 championships. He has 3 yrs to get it done. Right now, the haters have the fumbled fg, Cabo, the Redskin INT vs the pro Romo people who have a number of Cowboy records with a but ...... after it. ADV. haters. Somebody said he led the league the last 2 yrs in 4rth quarter comebacks with 7 or 8. This is true but those comebacks never got the attention that the Denver , GB, Washington got.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo wins a SB he "wins". But, if he doesn't win a SB he doesn't necessarily lose.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is a great QB. The national media and opposing fanbases that bash him are clueless. Anyone who thinks the Seahawks or Niners wouldn't be better teams with Romo at QB are on crack