• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romar making progress with 2014 class

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timberline shooting forward, Donaven Dorsey, verbally committed to Washington Monday. The 6-foot-6.5, 185-pound Dorsey made his pledge known via Twitter, picking the Huskies over offers from Gonzaga, Oregon State, Washington State, and Portland State.

"I am truly blessed to say that I will be attending the University of Washington to play basketball after this year," Dorsey said via Twitter. "All glory to God."

Dorsey joins Abbotsford (BC) power forward Tristan Etienne for the UW recruiting class of 2014.

"About 10 minutes ago I just committed to the University of Washington," he said. "I had a long conversation with my Dad and my Mom and we just decided that Washington was the best fit for me.

What were the things that turned the tide in UW's favor? "Just the relationship that they built with me, how they've been recruiting me from Day One…it just shows the interest they have in me," said Dorsey. "My parents said that's the school they wanted me to go to, so anything my parents want that's what I want. So I decided today was the day."

Dorsey called UW Head Coach Lorenzo Romar with the good news. "He seemed really excited," Dorsey said of Romar. "He had to walk away from the phone for a second. He told me to hold on for a second right after I told him. And then I heard some screaming in the background, so I'm pretty sure he was excited."

So how will the Huskies use Dorsey? "(Romar) said that I'll be like a big guard, anything from a 1 to a 3," he said. "But honestly he said I should try and be the next Brandon Roy, but I'll just try and go there and make a name for myself and bring success to the team."

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/LarsHanson247/statuses/375320524924010496

Last edited by a moderator: