• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rogers wants to resign

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it funny when fans talk about contracts like their paying it

I don't see the problem. They are discussing something that is completely objective. So by your logic we can't say if we think a guy is good or that he isn't because we aren't coaching him, or playing against him?? Look at the Giants in baseball. That contract to Zito is hampering them from making offers to some free agents. But we can't say anything about it because we aren't paying him??

What about the ticket prices that go up when the team spends more money?? We have to pay for that. So we are in an essence paying him, therefore it's completely legit to discuss what Rogers is worth in contractual terms.

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I find it even more hilarious that someone who has completed the fifth grade doesn't know the difference among "they're," "there," and "their."

:arg:
As they say in London, "hear, hear"......or is it "here, here"....wait a minute, with that accent it is probably "hair, hair"......and not to be splitting hares (I know), is it difference among or difference between (it's that plural/singular discussion that confuses me sometimes)?

As for Rogers, it has been refreshing not to be discussing how the corners are unable to cover and then blaming the lack of a pass rush. So far, both appear to be improved. If extending Rogers can be done within the budget (whatever that is), then it seems to be a no brainer to this fan (IMHO).

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see the problem. They are discussing something that is completely objective. So by your logic we can't say if we think a guy is good or that he isn't because we aren't coaching him, or playing against him?? Look at the Giants in baseball. That contract to Zito is hampering them from making offers to some free agents. But we can't say anything about it because we aren't paying him??

What about the ticket prices that go up when the team spends more money?? We have to pay for that. So we are in an essence paying him, therefore it's completely legit to discuss what Rogers is worth in contractual terms.

exactly.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said, although let's not talk about Zeets anymore :rockon:

As for Rogers, a 3 - 4 year deal tops sounds about right. As good as CR has been, there's no way I want to lock this guy up until he's 37. With his level of play as of late, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners or some other team gives him AT LEAST in the ball park of 5.5 - 6 million, and that may be somewhat conservative.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on the Zito point. However, ticket prices have nothing to do with player contracts. The market determines the price of tickets, not the payroll.

Carry on.