• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rogers on his hands

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Great read. I thought some of the most interesting comments were those that deplicted some very human reasons why some players wind up in the places they do in FA.

Comments such as:

"I needed a change out of Washington," Rogers said. "I wanted something new, an environment that is not (revolving) around superstars and who's the next player coming to the team. I just wanted a group of guys willing to work and get better. This team is hungry, having not had a winning season in a while. Just talking to Frank (Gore) and Vernon (Davis), just the attitude of the team, I wanted to be a part of that."

And:

Rogers, who signed a one-year contract, said he examined the NFL's schedule when researching potential landing spots.

One item on his checklist: Would the team play the Redskins in 2011?

"Once I saw the team I was looking at, I looked at the schedule because there was nothing to do, just watch the NFL Network and work out," Rogers said. "So I got my iPad and see who the Redskins are playing -- 'Would this team want me if I go there? Oh, they don't play the Redskins.' Once I decided to come here, it wasn't long until I looked at that."

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to talk smack to all my friends who are Skins fans. I'm going to try and get tix to either that game or the Ravens game. Not often I get a chance to see them twice.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't wait to talk smack to all my friends who are Skins fans. I'm going to try and get tix to either that game or the Ravens game. Not often I get a chance to see them twice.

Yeah I'm looking for tix to the Skins game too. Have you been to FedEx field? I went last year and was in the lower corner, shitty spot to watch (Skins vs Vikings - figured needed to see Favre at least once)

Is upper level center better than lower level corner?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know theres a place for guys with bad hands, its called defense. Luckily for Rogers he plays on defense and I'm glad to have him. He was one of my top guys, I actually liked him over guys like Cromartie.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can cover and break up passes I will take that over completions. Interceptions are great and all, but incompletions are still no gain plays and will help the defense get off the field.