• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roethlisberger

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting this in here to keep it away from the god awful trolls that have been running around of late...

Is there any doubt that we need to do everything to keep him in Pittsburgh till he can't walk anymore? We all know the guy is an ass & most likely the Rooney's made him get married to keep him from embarrassing himself out in the bars of Pittsburgh (we have all heard the local stories) but he is in the process of single handedly saving this entire season for us. He IS our team. Mike Wallace is shit without him, Antonio Brown is now somehow an elite receiver... Get my point?

I keep reading the back and forth jawing about Manning and Brady & I have nothing to say about it to them, so I'll say it here. Manning is unreal, but he just can't win the big one.... Thats a huge knock on him. Brady? Well.. He has the rings, he has the wins, but could he win like that on any team? I say no. Ben... He has the wins, has the rings and we all know damn well that he keeps the Steelers afloat every year. I have no doubt that he would win with any team if he can win with the patchwork piece of shit team that we have had the last few years. How many QB's could succeed with the offensive line that he's had over the past few years? I can't think of 1. Maybe one of these young running qbs but not for a few years. Newton perhaps this year.

So... That means that right now, NO ONE could come in and win with our team other than Ben.

Seeing as how we are now in a position where a win on the road in Baltimore could put us right back in the thick of a playoff hunt after that abortion of a start... and I don't want to get ahead of myself.... But imagine for a second that we put together another run like 2007... Where would that put Ben in the history books among the greats of all time? Fun to think about this week. Hopefully Baltimore doesn't ruin this discussion because we are 1 loss from talking about the draft again.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ben could win with any decent team .. but brady would last 3 downs on the steelers cause he cant take a hit .. and manning is the nfl poster child need I say more

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the rumors that he wants to be traded are false. Let's hope so.

I say, keep him happy...and if that means ditching Haley, then ditch him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting this in here to keep it away from the god awful trolls that have been running around of late...

Is there any doubt that we need to do everything to keep him in Pittsburgh till he can't walk anymore? We all know the guy is an ass & most likely the Rooney's made him get married to keep him from embarrassing himself out in the bars of Pittsburgh (we have all heard the local stories) but he is in the process of single handedly saving this entire season for us. He IS our team. Mike Wallace is shit without him, Antonio Brown is now somehow an elite receiver... Get my point?

I keep reading the back and forth jawing about Manning and Brady & I have nothing to say about it to them, so I'll say it here. Manning is unreal, but he just can't win the big one.... Thats a huge knock on him. Brady? Well.. He has the rings, he has the wins, but could he win like that on any team? I say no. Ben... He has the wins, has the rings and we all know damn well that he keeps the Steelers afloat every year. I have no doubt that he would win with any team if he can win with the patchwork piece of shit team that we have had the last few years. How many QB's could succeed with the offensive line that he's had over the past few years? I can't think of 1. Maybe one of these young running qbs but not for a few years. Newton perhaps this year.

So... That means that right now, NO ONE could come in and win with our team other than Ben.

Seeing as how we are now in a position where a win on the road in Baltimore could put us right back in the thick of a playoff hunt after that abortion of a start... and I don't want to get ahead of myself.... But imagine for a second that we put together another run like 2007... Where would that put Ben in the history books among the greats of all time? Fun to think about this week. Hopefully Baltimore doesn't ruin this discussion because we are 1 loss from talking about the draft again.

I couldn't agree more... Some people from the espn forums know that I have been preaching this for the last few seasons, so it may be a broken record by now. But you nailed it! Ben is the center of this franchise, regardless of his past "indiscretions". He continues to keep this team afloat time after time. Hence why so many writers say "hard to count this team out with Big Ben at the helm". He did have an unfavorable start to the season with all the turnovers, but I think that had more to do with the fact that he was trying to do too much.

The good thing about this team now, is that the defense & the O-line are starting to round into form. Sucks that it is just now all starting to happen, but all I can say is Thank God for Big Ben. We would be neck deep in draft discussions if it wasn't for him.

It is an absolute joke that Ian Rapaport (sp?) wrote that story about Ben wanting a trade. I have never watched a press conference or interview that has ever made me feel that he was unhappy with being in Pittsburgh. Nor has he ever made it public that he is unhappy about being underpaid. I think NFL writers are just looking to spice up a controversy. Ben & his agent have publicly swat down any and all comments made by those schmucks.

This may sound like a homer comment, but he is definitely a 1st ballot HOFer. And he deserves to be in ANY "elite QB" discussion. He could win on any NFL team, including the Jags. If you think about it, the Jags are basically the same team right now, minus the age difference in certain areas, coaching & FO capabilities. Bottom line, Ben has all the stats & accomplishments to prove his worth. The Steelers franchise would regret letting Ben walk at this point in time. QB's like him are a once in a lifetime type. There may come a point when he starts to regress, but that time is definitely not now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roth was the perfect QB for the Steelers on several fronts. #1 is size and toughness, those are traits that you don't learn...you mentioned 2 QBs that imo are a notch above Ben in terms of play on the field.

Manning...weather, elements, etc. effect him more than you would like in a HOF player, but I think Peyton would have been fine behind the Steeler OL, because he would get rid of the ball much quicker...right now he's playing behind a back LT putting up insane #s.

Big games...that has been the knock...to some degree Peyton does have to wear that label, but he has one ring, and the reason imo he doesn't have more is the other guy you mentioned.

Brady...if Manning is a field general, Brady is a boot camp instructor. At the same time Brady is smart enough marry even richer than he was so he could afford to share the wealth to ensure quality OL in front of him...aside from that...he's done more with less than any top QB in the NFL imo. So...if he were in PIT, it's doubtful they would have Beachum playing LT...he probably would've found the money to keep Starks & Colon, etc.

I think both of them would do just fine in PIT, and I think Ben would do well on just about any other team as well...these are not system QBs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more... Some people from the espn forums know that I have been preaching this for the last few seasons, so it may be a broken record by now. But you nailed it! Ben is the center of this franchise, regardless of his past "indiscretions". He continues to keep this team afloat time after time. Hence why so many writers say "hard to count this team out with Big Ben at the helm". He did have an unfavorable start to the season with all the turnovers, but I think that had more to do with the fact that he was trying to do too much.

The good thing about this team now, is that the defense & the O-line are starting to round into form. Sucks that it is just now all starting to happen, but all I can say is Thank God for Big Ben. We would be neck deep in draft discussions if it wasn't for him.

It is an absolute joke that Ian Rapaport (sp?) wrote that story about Ben wanting a trade. I have never watched a press conference or interview that has ever made me feel that he was unhappy with being in Pittsburgh. Nor has he ever made it public that he is unhappy about being underpaid. I think NFL writers are just looking to spice up a controversy. Ben & his agent have publicly swat down any and all comments made by those schmucks.

This may sound like a homer comment, but he is definitely a 1st ballot HOFer. And he deserves to be in ANY "elite QB" discussion. He could win on any NFL team, including the Jags. If you think about it, the Jags are basically the same team right now, minus the age difference in certain areas, coaching & FO capabilities. Bottom line, Ben has all the stats & accomplishments to prove his worth. The Steelers franchise would regret letting Ben walk at this point in time. QB's like him are a once in a lifetime type. There may come a point when he starts to regress, but that time is definitely not now.

If he wins another SB I don't see how he won't be a 1st ballot guy...without another I think he's still a HOF, just not sure about 1st ballot.

Ben does it his way if you will, but there's no denying the results..played in 3 SBs, a winner in 2, a huge factor in the 2nd win. The play that defines Ben to me was not even a pass, but I'm sure you remember the game saving tackle he made in the IND playoff game...as much as I like Manning, Brady, etc....I don't think either one of those guys make THAT play in THAT spot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins another SB I don't see how he won't be a 1st ballot guy...without another I think he's still a HOF, just not sure about 1st ballot.

Ben does it his way if you will, but there's no denying the results..played in 3 SBs, a winner in 2, a huge factor in the 2nd win. The play that defines Ben to me was not even a pass, but I'm sure you remember the game saving tackle he made in the IND playoff game...as much as I like Manning, Brady, etc....I don't think either one of those guys make THAT play in THAT spot.

I remember that game all too well. I doubt either Manning or Brady would have even attempted to chase down the defender.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make charlie batch the OC

Ya know...I watched him last week as a guest on the NFL network and he seems like a natural for that kind of job or maybe a TV analyst, but the more I think about it...why not OC? He knows every OFC position on the field.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely lost my shit in that moment... :L

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know...I watched him last week as a guest on the NFL network and he seems like a natural for that kind of job or maybe a TV analyst, but the more I think about it...why not OC? He knows every OFC position on the field.

Yeah, maybe eventually, seems a like jumping the gun giving a guy playcalling duties like that. Wouldn't be opposed to QB coach or something in that vein, and getting some experience.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe eventually, seems a like jumping the gun giving a guy playcalling duties like that. Wouldn't be opposed to QB coach or something in that vein, and getting some experience.

Seems like...no you're right..it is jumping the gun...lol!

QB coach to start does make more sense, but I can see him calling plays at some point.