• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roethlisberger and Christian Life

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a new found respect for Roethlisberger and a respect for Tomlin that I never had before. Good for them being part of that organization, and I feel I can slightly be okay with Ben winning a few games this year. LOL.

Ben Roethlisberger says faith aided in addiction issues

That is the thing about being a Christian, it is a personal journey, one each of us have to make ourselves. No one is going to convince us, just attending church is not going to teach us, it is a more deep, personal connection with the Lord that we get to when we have hit the bottom and realize, my way sucks, my way has lead to an unhappy life, my way is now your way Lord, and I give it all to you. Forgive me of my transgressions, wash me clean so that I can be that Christian and follower you created me to be. Help me to be the better person and spiritual guide for others that may need my story in order to know that they to can change. They just have to ask for help and put the healing in the Lords hands.

John 3:16
Philippians 4:13

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him for turning his life around.

Reactions: gob

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Still don't like him, though

Yeah from a sports view, I will never cheer nor do I have to like him on the field but just from human to human..I'm happy for him. Some people will always think of him in a bad light bc of the past but it's good to hear he is living in faith.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good for him, time to grow up I guess. My dad gave into alcohol and stopped fighting it, so it eventually became the reason he lost his mind, and the reason he died.

I wouldn't consider **** an addiction. **** is something you look at, maybe looking at tv commercials gets you excited, well, that's your ****. people look at different things, from the seemingly innocent to the downright disgusting, it's a habit, not an addiction, you aren't going to have withdrawal symptoms if you don't look at a video or magazine. You will have withdrawal symptons if you don't take a drink (as an alcoholic) or smoke a cigarette or shoot up (as a chemically dependent addict)

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is a HOF quarterback and has probably been underrated for most of his career. I also find it hard for me to believe anything he ever says.... He has a long track record of exaggeration and chest pounding. So take any of his words for what they're worth. But good for him if he's found happiness in clean living. Maybe he can help some of the younger guys.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the most notorious story I heard about him was cruising around on his old college campus trying to pick up girls in his fancy car dangling his superbowl ring out the window.

I drove some uber on miami campus one night, kids were drunk af, it's not a cheap school, lots of cute girls, no telling how many drunk college girls he connected with.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can definitely change. It just takes that one coming to Jesus moment that truly changes everything. I hope that is the case for him, because there is no feeling i this world like being a true believer and placing your life in Gods hands. Everything is less stressful, happy moments come more frequently, sad moments fade quicker, love feels stronger and friendships can be forged more frequently.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a christian and I'm the king of Siam

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a christian and I'm the king of Siam

it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, your Majesty!

*whispers* pssst...by the way...your country is called "Thailand" now. Pronounced with a hard "T" sound. Just thought you might like to know.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the hardest parts about changing is getting others to accept that you have changed. In the long-run, no it doesn't matter what others think, but it's difficult to make those changes when those around you continually pigeonhole you into being someone who you are actively trying not to be any longer.

If he's changed, and I have no idea, then good for him. If not - most likely that will eventually come to light as well.