• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't your problem be more with the media than with Rodgers? Whenever he's asked about it around here, he puts it in the past and leaves it there. The clips they showed of him saying he would make them wish they'd drafted him....were from his draft day. In recent years the chip on his shoulder was more about the fans jumping on him over the Favre thing. That ended with the Super Bowl. Don't let the media dictate your reality.

That's true, I'm more annoyed by the media for bringing it up, and Rodgers has tried to downplay it, but I've heard a few things - one the joke at the ESPYs thanking the Niners for drafting him and then a few comments in interviews saying that he wanted to be here. However, it wasn't the media that questioned Nolan during the draft combine process, that was Rodgers. If he wanted to be here so badly, he could have just shut up and did what he was asked. After he's picked, he can question whatever he wants and do things his way. He was either cocky thinking he'll be picked either way or not on his best behavior for the coach. By-the-way, I don't like Nolan - I think basing your decision on a QB shouldn't be based on whether he'll question you, etc. That obviously wasn't 100% of the reason he picked Smith, but that was a significant factor in a close tie.

Neither Smith nor Rodgers would be the same if they were switched (though Smith would be in Tampa Bay, likely, if no trade was needed to get him). Rodgers at the least, would have had a worse start and maybe the media would not be all over him like in Green Bay. He'd eventually succeed, but the coaching wasn't as good as it was in Green Bay. Even though Favre didn't want to teach Rodgers, Rodgers learned under him and in general in those years. McCarthy was here as OC, so there'd be some overlap, but I think it's better for Rodgers with him as HC.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Rodgers is blessed to have not been drafted by the Niners. Mike Nolan, whether you're in denial or not, has had a hand along with McCloughan in putting this current roster together. However, he is not head coaching material and his handling of Alex Smith during his shoulder injury was an epic failure at best. AR12 was able to learn under Favre's tutelage and pick up essentially right where BF4 left off.

Btw, you guys know I'm all about Cal Legacy having attended there and all, so what Rodgers has done in his career thus far has been significant. He was a poor man's pistol type of QB in a pro offense at Cal (ability to run better than average and ability to throw better than average) but has evolved into one of the game's top 3 - 4 QB's. Everything takes place for a reason and both GB and SF have benefited subsequently.

This!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't your problem be more with the media than with Rodgers? Whenever he's asked about it around here, he puts it in the past and leaves it there. The clips they showed of him saying he would make them wish they'd drafted him....were from his draft day. In recent years the chip on his shoulder was more about the fans jumping on him over the Favre thing. That ended with the Super Bowl. Don't let the media dictate your reality.

And This!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 MVP Aaron Rodgers takes humorous dig at 49ers

Oh, the media is the one to blame and the crybaby hasn't brought it up since draft day? LOL

Rodgers, who grew up in Northern California, acknowledged childhood heroes Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young of the 49ers before saying this with a sly grin: "Big Niners fan as a kid -- thanks for drafting me."