• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers to meet with the Jets

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the Jets are going to have to absorb a TON of dead cap this year to make this work. I assume the max they'll give up is a 2024 1st rounder.

Wasn't it the Browns that took on Osweiler's contract and also got a 2nd? I feel like this is kind of in the same territory. Obviously Rodgers is far better than Osweiler, but it feels like a similar situation.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a QB his age and at his contract? I don't think a 1st is necessary since they are the only bidders.

Not really that much different than the Russel Wilson trade last year though is it?!? Maybe the Jets have a little more leverage but not really a lot I dont think.

I really dont know. Between the contracts I have seen today and not understanding why Jalen Ramsey only went for a 3rd round pick has me questioning everything about value.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really that much different than the Russel Wilson trade last year though is it?!? Maybe the Jets have a little more leverage but not really a lot I dont think.

I really dont know. Between the contracts I have seen today and not understanding why Jalen Ramsey only went for a 3rd round pick has me questioning everything about value.
Technically, there was a 3rd round player also involved with Ramsey so his value was that of two 3rd round picks.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, there was a 3rd round player also involved with Ramsey so his value was that of two 3rd round picks.

Unless you subscribe to the reverse Jimmy Johnson philosophy. A 2nd round this year is worth a 1st next year, etc.

If you work backwards, Long is worth a 5th since he's been in the league 2 years (not to mention the next to zero impact that he's had). But after typing that out, I'm sure that was the joke.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you subscribe to the reverse Jimmy Johnson philosophy. A 2nd round this year is worth a 1st next year, etc.

If you work backwards, Long is worth a 5th since he's been in the league 2 years (not to mention the next to zero impact that he's had). But after typing that out, I'm sure that was the joke.
Hunter Long is basically a practice squad level player to my knowledge. So yeah, I was kinda joking.

Im not sure the reverse Jimmy Johnson thing applies here, though. Tight Ends, historically, take time to develop so they should hold a decent amount of their value for a couple of years.

Long is tire kicking, though. I think a 5th is probably what he is actually worth.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a QB his age and at his contract? I don't think a 1st is necessary since they are the only bidders.
If he “retires”, then no one gets him, as Packers still control his rights.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The newest J E T S JETS JETS Jets fan.

Does this mean he is moving from Wisconsin to New Jersey?

No. His wife needs him to tend to the dairy cows.

Maybe he invents a new wife in Jersey? (dairy cows are optional)

Plus a new house next to Metlife so he can milk the cows and keep his eyes on Rodgers.
You shut your whore MOUTHS

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not walking away from that money. Nobody would. It's either the Packers or Jets.
Who knows? The guy’s supremely talented, but he’s a massive asshole. Perhaps, you’re right though— pondering something like retirement would probably involve dwelling in his “darkness retreat” for a solid month.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows? The guy’s supremely talented, but he’s a massive asshole. Perhaps, you’re right though— pondering something like retirement would probably involve dwelling in his “darkness retreat” for a solid month.

Do you want to move on from him and his act? Or is his talent enough for you to get past that?

I personally am with the Bears fans that say I'd rather you run it back with him than get draft capital to help build around Love.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to move on from him and his act? Or is his talent enough for you to get past that?
Nope. I said last year it was a mistake to extend him last year, because it was a huge gamble, to assume the team would be okay with the depleted receiver corps and young guys on D.
I personally am with the Bears fans that say I'd rather you run it back with him than get draft capital to help build around Love.
Sure you'd say that, because it's a weaker team. I have no illusions about Love- I've stated that he's a career backup at best. But the team needs to move on, and rebuild. Get someone in this year's or next year's draft and have that guy be the next QB of the future. Rodgers's continued presence is good for nothing other than merchandise sales

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With AR, 3rd or 4th place
Without AR, 3rd or 4th place
I’d suggest someone communicate that to the Jets, but they’ve been locked into 3rd or 4th place seemingly forever.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With AR, 3rd or 4th place
Without AR, 3rd or 4th place

I’d suggest someone communicate that to the Jets, but they’ve been locked into 3rd or 4th place seemingly forever.
It’s long past time though for the Jets to provide their fans with compelling football. They don’t have to win big for 2023 to be a success for them. They’ve been irrelevant since Sanchez and Rex Ryan.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s long past time though for the Jets to provide their fans with compelling football. They don’t have to win big for 2023 to be a success for them. They’ve been irrelevant since Sanchez and Rex Ryan.
No disagreement there. Just another case of shitty ownership. C’mon- the color is built to mirror the gas stations he owned.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's a bad thing?
hi-res-09f9c9522e4e6e917bafb735510c381e_crop_north.jpg