• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rock n Roll HOF Snubs

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Martha and the Vandellas, as one of the very early girl groups, was far more influential.

3 Dog Night was just along for the ride, and I think they let too many also-ran groups into the HOF.

Influential ? I guess. They were a harder-edged, not as successful version of the Supremes. They were considered more authenic.. so maybe on that count. I've always considered both just great girl singing groups. I think Three Dog Night should be judged as a singing group by the criteria used for other male groups already inducted. It is completely watered down.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hillman and Parsons both had country music backgrounds so it was a good fit for both of them. The Flying Burrito Brothers were good but not on a par with The Byrds in my opinion.
I like the Byrds, but out of my 10 favorite songs by them, at least 8 are with Parsons.

And Sin City and Devil in Disguise by FBB are better than anything by the Byrds.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Sin City and Devil in Disguise by FBB are better than anything by the Byrds.
You are entitled to your opinion but I don't agree wth you.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Byrds, but out of my 10 favorite songs by them, at least 8 are with Parsons.
All of my favorite songs are the ones without Parsons but I guess everyone has a different opinion on this.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most acts in the RR HOF i wouldn't go see if i had free tickets.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most acts in the RR HOF i wouldn't go see if i had free tickets.
Yes there are country, rap, jazz and pop acts in the HOF. It should be restricted to rock groups.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RnR HOF is a joke. I'll be sure to post that every time this thread gets re-invented.

The list of legends and influencers not in is astonishing, and when compared with some of the garbage that's already in, it's dumbfounding.

Dio, Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, Motorhead, Steppenwolf, Jethro Tull, Scorpions, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Fugazi, Jane's Addiction, Slayer, Megadeth, T-Rex, Pat Benatar, New York Dolls, Pixies, ELP, Faith No More, Flipper, Melvins, Black Flag, Devo, King Crimson, The Weather Report, Thin Lizzy, Husker Du, The Cult, Depeche Mode, Bad Brains, The Descendants, Kraftwerk, Harry Nilsson, King Diamond, MC5.....countless others, yet every year, some fucktard gets in.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RnR HOF is a joke. I'll be sure to post that every time this thread gets re-invented.

The list of legends and influencers not in is astonishing, and when compared with some of the garbage that's already in, it's dumbfounding.

Dio, Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, Motorhead, Steppenwolf, Jethro Tull, Scorpions, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Fugazi, Jane's Addiction, Slayer, Megadeth, T-Rex, Pat Benatar, New York Dolls, Pixies, ELP, Faith No More, Flipper, Melvins, Black Flag, Devo, King Crimson, The Weather Report, Thin Lizzy, Husker Du, The Cult, Depeche Mode, Bad Brains, The Descendants, Kraftwerk, Harry Nilsson, King Diamond, MC5.....countless others, yet every year, some fucktard gets in.
Read through this list, then remember OP started this thread about Three Dog fucking Night.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paul Revere and the Raiders aren't even in.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read through this list, then remember OP started this thread about Three Dog fucking Night.
Yes I did and it's a darn shame 3 Dog Night isn't in.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steppenwolf is another HOF snub...