• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robinson Cano's financials.........

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen you or "boogie" on this board before.

I usually just gloss over non-regulars.

My mistake.

Non-regulars? That's pretty douche of you keyboard king. What exactly does it take to post on these boards without ridicule from your own fan base? How about a cookie? :lame:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ESPN on in the background and I think it is hilarious that ESPN analysts keep talking about how stupid it was for the Mariners gave Cano a 10 year $240m deal. If the Yankees gave him that deal you would see 500 articles about how good it was for the Yankees to lock up one of their best hitters.

John Kruk was the only one who seemed to have anything good to say. He felt as if playing in Safeco would cause Cano to hit .330-.340 and win batting titles because hitters can get a little "pull happy" at Yankee Stadium.

I think Cano's power numbers may go down a bit but I do agree that his BA could go up with the Mariners. His career away batting average is 7 points higher on the road than at Yankee Stadium.

Looking forward to seeing him in a Mariners uniform, even if the contract is insane.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, I feel like briwas today. This 10 year deal has me very negative. Give me a a day to process and I will feel better probably.

Generally I would also be negative about such an insane contract but my happiness for landing a player of Cano's caliber seems to outweigh that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ESPN on in the background and I think it is hilarious that ESPN analysts keep talking about how stupid it was for the Mariners gave Cano a 10 year $240m deal. If the Yankees gave him that deal you would see 500 articles about how good it was for the Yankees to lock up one of their best hitters.

John Kruk was the only one who seemed to have anything good to say. He felt as if playing in Safeco would cause Cano to hit .330-.340 and win batting titles because hitters can get a little "pull happy" at Yankee Stadium.

I think Cano's power numbers may go down a bit but I do agree that his BA could go up with the Mariners. His career away batting average is 7 points higher on the road than at Yankee Stadium.

Looking forward to seeing him in a Mariners uniform, even if the contract is insane.

I never could stand Kruk's class clown act but he knows batting. Cano's the type of hitter that can make adjustments to the environment. His home/road numbers are as balanced as you can get. Safeco isn't one of his better parks but facing our pitching staffs which has always been our saving grace doesn't help those numbers.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do losing those salaries help us in 2-3 years when Cano is shit? Man I am pissed. I thought we were building a young controllable, moneyball team with some low risk high reward type FA and now we are the team that is giving the payday to someone who is past his prime.

He will be nice to have for a couple seasons, but a 10 year deal? dammit.

Moneyball starts in the farm and the draft and we've proven to be miserable at it. We've been horrible at evaluating prospect talent and the first rounders have been lower ceiling, mlb ready players. For the most MLB ready pitcher in the draft, Hultzen's been conspicuously absent from the rotation, Ackley can't hit which was supposed to be his stronger point, and Montero was basically the worst case that everyone talked about when we made the move, which is a guy who can't hit righties and was a product of Yankee stadium (and that was while he was juicing on top of it). Hopefully Zunino breaks out this year (I really liked the pick besides the fact that we had Montero, who was supposed to be a future star on the roster). He deserves credit for Seager and Walker as well (I know everyone's high on Walker but he hasn't done a thing yet on this level). Still, with the amount of time that he's been here you'd hope that there'd be more production from guys he's drafted on offense. For the most part we have nothing but crap.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-regulars? That's pretty douche of you keyboard king. What exactly does it take to post on these boards without ridicule from your own fan base? How about a cookie? :lame:

The only person I ridiculed was the person I quoted because I didn't realize he was responding to a Seattle fan who didn't know the difference between MLB and NFL contracts.

I apologize for it.

Seahawks 3, why the hostility?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I would also be negative about such an insane contract but my happiness for landing a player of Cano's caliber seems to outweigh that.

For just about any other team, a 10 year contract like this for Cano would be absurd.

Nobody questions that.

There's no way we'll get a great player to sign here unless we vastly overpay. The Cano signing could change the Seattle stigma amongst free agents if he is successful here.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person I ridiculed was the person I quoted because I didn't realize he was responding to a Seattle fan who didn't know the difference between MLB and NFL contracts.

I apologize for it.

Seahawks 3, why the hostility?

No hostility, and I apologize if I misread your post. I just can't stand when our own fans bust on others for no reason in a trolling manner. Difference of opinion is expected, but trolling is annoying.

My bad Cezero, all good!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hostility, and I apologize if I misread your post. I just can't stand when our own fans bust on others for no reason in a trolling manner. Difference of opinion is expected, but trolling is annoying.

My bad Cezero, all good!

thanks, glad to hear it

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3