• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robinson Cano Suspended

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@seahawksfan234 @Seahawks_3

Well I guessed I might have learned something new today. So all baseball contracts are fully guaranteed? If he has back to back lousy seasons and gets released from the team he would still be entitled every little penny that he has on his contract?

Fairly certain that they are fully guaranteed, aside from games lost from an PED suspension.

Hypothetically, if the Mariners were to release Robbie, they'd be responsible for paying the remainder of his contract.

It's different from NFL contracts. MLB contracts are fully guaranteed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board makes me feel like an optimist.

I am not an optimist.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know the half of it. This is a fairly optimistic thread by our standards.

It gets much, much worse. This is where we come to grieve.
A team that's a half game out of the playoffs and everybody has already tossed the season.

It makes me laugh.

(I should note: hoping the Ms hold on to win tonight. I'm rooting for higher draft picks.)

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that's a half game out of the playoffs and everybody has already tossed the season.

It makes me laugh.

(I should note: hoping the Ms hold on to win tonight. I'm rooting for higher draft picks.)

16 years without reaching the playoffs causes a lot of skepticism.

And this is coming from one of the more optimistic people on this board.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 years without reaching the playoffs causes a lot of skepticism.

And this is coming from one of the more optimistic people on this board.
Oh, I get it.

But it's still funny.

I don't think this suspension ever happens if Robi doesn't get hurt. Or if he's an American.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes me laugh.

I can’t post with these guys about the M’s.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t post with these guys about the M’s.....
By post 5 his season was over and he will never be a HOFer. Lol

Or.... he'll miss an extra month and be a first ballot guy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I get it.

But it's still funny.

I don't think this suspension ever happens if Robi doesn't get hurt. Or if he's an American.

Disagree, I think he gave up the appeal because he got hurt and could spend half of his suspension for games he was already going to miss.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, I think he gave up the appeal because he got hurt and could spend half of his suspension for games he was already going to miss.

I don't believe any of the BS MLB is peddling. He dropped the appeal the day before he broke his hand? Yeah right.

It's always islanders they drop the hammer on. Brauns worthless ass being an outlier.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes me laugh.

Mariner fans aren’t normal baseball fans for good reason. We aren’t run by a normal ownership group and we have the longest playoff drought in pro sports. This team has made the playoffs 4 times in 41 years. The 2nd wildcard was made for a franchise like this and they still can’t sniff it. So yeah that’s kind of where the doom and gloom
stems from

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe any of the BS MLB is peddling. He dropped the appeal the day before he broke his hand? Yeah right.

It's always islanders they drop the hammer on. Brauns worthless ass being an outlier.

Cano isn't some poor ball player trying to get a contract like Cruz and Gordon were, he is wealthy enough to make sure MLB couldn't know exactly what he is taking so I don't buy the MLB had enough evidence for the MLBPA to allow it dropped. Without question I think he was using because he went from having zero range and looking old as fudge at the end of the year to playing gold glove type defense this year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what's gonna happen with Cano? He's on contract and he doesn't want to play 1st base or DH if Cruz goes. Kinda seems like a major cluster fuck coming up down the road. :noidea:
I honestly wish he could just ride the pine or get dumped. Supposedly he wasn’t willing to move from 2nd base until
he broke Jeff Kent’s homer run record. Well seriously screw him, he doesn’t deserve to dictate anything anymore. Gordon is probably the better defender anyway so make that switch and find another OF

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it either. He was caught in the off season and said he dropped it because it was banned substance, but it is not a banned substance. It is something used to mask a banned substance and they need more info to ban him for it and obviously they had it or he would have fought it. If you are innocent, you fight it because it costs him more games to be suspended plus no playoffs. Read the Teixiera article above because it sounds like people believe he has done this before.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If baseball really wanted to rid themselves of this stuff, then they should void all remaining years and money on any deal at the time of being suspended. He doesn't deserve to still get another $140M after the fact. It is BS and he did it to his team which shows what a real 'team' player he really is. Big ego that can't handle getting old. Absolute joke that they still have to pay a cheater.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano isn't some poor ball player trying to get a contract like Cruz and Gordon were, he is wealthy enough to make sure MLB couldn't know exactly what he is taking so I don't buy the MLB had enough evidence for the MLBPA to allow it dropped. Without question I think he was using because he went from having zero range and looking old as fudge at the end of the year to playing gold glove type defense this year.
I think most guys at some point have used.

I don't buy he dropped it prior to injury but it had been in appeal for months.

He dropped dirty for a diuretic twice, or it wouldn't be a positive.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If baseball really wanted to rid themselves of this stuff, then they should void all remaining years and money on any deal at the time of being suspended. He doesn't deserve to still get another $140M after the fact. It is BS and he did it to his team which shows what a real 'team' player he really is. Big ego that can't handle getting old. Absolute joke that they still have to pay a cheater.
There is a Union.

Im gonna go get high now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most guys at some point have used.

I don't buy he dropped it prior to injury but it had been in appeal for months.

He dropped dirty for a diuretic twice, or it wouldn't be a positive.

I agree that most players use something that is against the rules. It's nearly impossible and still be reliable.

I don't buy they dropped the appeal either. You don't appeal all the way up to arbitration then drop it.

Even if he tested nine times for it, MLB couldn't prove he was using besides common sense like has been said.