• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riley Cooper situation

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is a smart young man who knew using the N word would come to no good. Cooper should have known that there is in fact a double standard and the media just loves to run with racial stories as that sells. IMO, privately his team mates will move on long before the media and we stop discussing this issue that seems to come up every 4 months or so.....just change the names and place and the story is the same.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is a smart young man who knew using the N word would come to no good. Cooper should have known that there is in fact a double standard and the media just loves to run with racial stories as that sells. IMO, privately his team mates will move on long before the media and we stop discussing this issue that seems to come up every 4 months or so.....just change the names and place and the story is the same.

Why are we discussing this non-existent double standard instead of the fact that he used the N word? Or what steps do we need to take to get all people to stop using it? It seems you're trying to give your boy Cooper a pass just because he went to Florida and are using the whole "it's the media's fault" argument...when in fact it was his own fault for saying it in such a hateful manner.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I always say Drunk words=sober thoughts...but it is what it is. I don't see why its still a big deal; and I practically hate the media. I'm a black male in my late 20's but i didn't get ruffled by Riley nor did i get ruffled by Paula Dean (just keep the recipes coming!!). The media is making this bigger than what it is..he said it/apologized and the story should be over.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happened in the Rams organization Coach Fisher would take a strong stand with the team and the solid coaching staff wouldn't allow the dissenting opinions to be voiced after practice. Sam would have spoken on the topic and the rest of the offense would have been coached on how to handle the questions.
Really? How are you going to stop players talking about it? If it was that easy you'd stop the players from saying, (or doing), the stupid things that caused the trouble in the first place.

If something like this happens on the Rams, hopefully the guy will either get:

1) Fired

or

2) Given a fine.
I’d understand this if you were taking a ‘four pillars’ approach but Fisher is prepared to take talented players with issues. If you fire people you set a precedent you can’t possibly maintain. Should we fire players arrested for DUI? Others players such as Saffold would accept being fired in a heart-beat! He’s on a pittance this year and he’d probably earn several million as a free-agent. You have to have discipline but you deal with problems in-house without drawing lines in the sand.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we discussing this non-existent double standard instead of the fact that he used the N word? Or what steps do we need to take to get all people to stop using it? It seems you're trying to give your boy Cooper a pass just because he went to Florida and are using the whole "it's the media's fault" argument...when in fact it was his own fault for saying it in such a hateful manner.

No pass from me DK; Cooper is a du mb-ass no doubt about it. ALL I'm saying is he should have been aware of the double standard long ago in place and been able to deal with it. Have no answer as to how what steps are needed to eliminate the use of the N word; just know it is used more freely by blacks in a black setting. I'm a simple man and know there will be more legal BS that will derail this altruistic thing

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see or hear the offending word used by anyone. That said this issue needed to be raised and dealt with so this might end up with a positive result. I don't see it as a double-standard because I agree with the political viewpoint that minorities can't threaten or oppress majorities with such insults. The problem with minorities using 'minority insults' is that it brings such terms into the mainstream. This turns a clear wrong-doing into a questionable judgement call blurred by situation and context. A lot of people can't make those judgements.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d understand this if you were taking a ‘four pillars’ approach but Fisher is prepared to take talented players with issues. If you fire people you set a precedent you can’t possibly maintain. Should we fire players arrested for DUI? Others players such as Saffold would accept being fired in a heart-beat! He’s on a pittance this year and he’d probably earn several million as a free-agent. You have to have discipline but you deal with problems in-house without drawing lines in the sand.
I'm just saying that you deal with this issue and you deal with it quickly. If its a bad player, he gets fired. If its a good player, you keep the issues 'in house' and work it out 'in house'. It football and not a bloody soap opera