• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riley against top 10 teams

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No sir. You and RA have convinced me.

We're goin' down down dowwwn into a burnin' ring of fire!!!

Even though I'm much more of a rock and roll fan, I liked some of Johnny Cash's songs.

I was convinced this was a horrendous hire even before I got to the hoop.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They had a terrible coach. Nick something or other.... started with an "S" I think.

I think he only stayed three years though. I bet he would have returned them to a powerhouse if he had stayed longer.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with JJM on this. (because I think he's being sarcastic, at least i hope).

the schedules and level of talent are just so different. Look at Nebraska's schedule for the past 7 years and just say we have greater than or equal talent to how many opponents? Then do the same thing with Oregon State's schedule for the past 7 years.

Now, I'm too lazy to do that, but I did do 2013 and 2014.
imo, Nebraska had 22 games where they had greater than or equal talent (I said both Mich St games and Georgia as the only 3 where we were worse)
Oregon state only had 14 (Oregon, Washington, USC, Stanford, AZ St being the ones that I thought were better).

so in those games Bo was 17/22 in those games or 77%, and Riley was 11/14 or 79%, thus I think Riley might struggle some year 1, but once he gets a going, we aren't going to be any worse than Bo in these games.

Bo struggled too, but at least he had a couple of excuses, he was following a TERRIBLE coach who brought the program to its knees and Bo had only one game of college head coaching experience, but Bo left Riley in a much better position, so there won't be any excuse for Riley to not win at least 9 games or better.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ditto from me. Please keep posting. But realize I am probably the biggest Negative Nancy on this hire.

I will say things that will ruffle your feathers, but I respect your opinions.

To me, being truthful basing things on the facts about Riley isn't being negative.

I hope I haven't reached my limit of posts on this thread! Just in case, I'll wait until a few other posters post some things here before I post some more ?garbage? on this thread!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that makes me nostalgic, from when I was a wee little thing, knee high to a grasshopper..

Need to go get Evan so we can reminisce together

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW...

One of the great things Mike's great at...screen passes. He will have nine different ones from the bank to draw on. This play is underrated at the college level, but he teaches it well to his team. Get use to seeing this one go far IF matched up with a defense that like to pressure the QB all the time.