• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ridiculous, right?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor on a local station about this trade:

Utah sends Al Jefferson to San Antonio for Tiago Splitter, Stephen Jackson, and Patty Mills. The first two from San Antonio are on the last years of their contract. Mills has two years. Each year is 1 million.

What's the point of trading someone who has one year left but gives you the same or better chance of winning for others that don't help and don't free up more money? We'd actually take 88k more and have Mills for 1 more year. Keep Jefferson and let his contract expire or trade for someone we want, right?

I'd be happy to change my opinion if you guys have any input that gives a better reasoning for the trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor that the Spurs are interested in Al for Splitter, Jackson and spare parts. A couple guys on the espn board think we will be great sans Al, especially based on tonight's display from Derek and Enes.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor that the Spurs are interested in Al for Splitter, Jackson and spare parts. A couple guys on the espn board think we will be great sans Al, especially based on tonight's display from Derek and Enes.

I like Jackson, especially if he starts.

Splitter, I feel like every year, I expect him to take the reigns and be better than he is. I know the Spurs have Tim Duncan, but I think if he were really so good, he would have found a way to play more.

I'd rather get rid of Millsap.

Two problems if Jefferson is gone:

1. No number 1 scorer.

2. Still no guard scorer. Jackson is a complimentary guard score, but it's been years since he's been able to be the best swingman.

I don't see this as solving problems, unless a YOUNG decent guard comes back.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitter, I feel like every year, I expect him to take the reigns and be better than he is. I know the Spurs have Tim Duncan, but I think if he were really so good, he would have found a way to play more.

Sounds like Derrick Favors to me

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see Splitter is that he came in having some potential.

But Diaw averages the same minutes, 23 minutes. Diaw's a pretty good player.

So Splitter is playing like a bench player, when I thought he could be a future starter and be someone to build around after Duncan retires. He can still be that guy, but it's taken longer if it's going to happen. He's also already 28 years old.