• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rice Says Texans & Manziel A No-Brainer

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we all know I like Johnny Football (c). Jerry was at his pro day and compared him to Steve Young when he first came into the league.

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see how he does when he is being sacked by Quinn and company ! You never know untill they play for real if they will live up to the hype. Just Sayin'

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we all know I like Johnny Football (c). Jerry was at his pro day and compared him to Steve Young when he first came into the league.

Sounds like Jerry won't be a GM any time soon. Steve Young came into the league after 4 years in college and a stint in the USFL. He was SO much more prepared to play in the NFL, yet still struggled in Tampa, then had to sit and wait behind Montana. Not exactly the ringing endorsement you would want for Houston to pick Manziel, and I'm a big Steve Young fan.

That pro day was bizarre, like they were putting on a scripted show instead of a pro day. Peforming in pads and a helmet seemed to me like a way to deflect any criticism. They could fall back on "well, that's because he was wearing pads" excuses.

As much as we want teams to be fighting to get to these QBs, I'm glad the Rams aren't trying to figure out which one to pick in the first round.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans take Football with the first pick, every other team in the division will be relieved to see them no longer a contender for the next 3-5 years. One can only hope! :hope:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans take Football with the first pick, every other team in the division will be relieved to see them no longer a contender for the next 3-5 years. One can only hope! :hope:

Unfortunately, you still have luck to deal with :violin: