• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3, come on man.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't call out your coaches and receivers when you don't even know what down it is with the game on the line. "If I take a sack the game is over." Uh, no it's not. But if you throw a lame arse floater to no one while falling back it is. When your winning, everybody loves everybody. If this season continues it's downward spiral, it will be interesting to see the true character of some and whether this team is really a family like we heard all last year. Can Shanahan keep this team together. Things happen. It is not always going to be rainbows and butterflies. Heck, Schroeder and Doug couldn't stand each other and they led the Skins to a championship that year. Just don't implode Redskins. It's been a rough year. Keep it in house.

enkay21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that RG3 knew what down it was. The game would have been over because a.) the sack would have been around the 30 yard line, b.) the Skins had no timeouts to stop the clock and can't spike it on 4th and c.) there would have been 22 seconds on the clock to try and get the ball into the endzone. Probably closer to 3-5 seconds after the play was called and getting everyone to the line.

He couldn't take the sack there.

As far as everything else you said, I believe the internal reports coming out that players are still a cohesive unit. The exception to that is the ST unit, where someone tried to fight Keith Burns 3-4 weeks ago. He won't be here next year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, but the real mistake on that play was insisting on it being an all or nothing play. 3rd and 1 with 40 seconds left. Dive play, get the first, then clock it. Give yourself atleast two more plays that way, maybe three. When he started floating back, then heaved it towards the endzone, it sealed for bone head play of the week.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, but the real mistake on that play was insisting on it being an all or nothing play. 3rd and 1 with 40 seconds left. Dive play, get the first, then clock it. Give yourself atleast two more plays that way, maybe three. When he started floating back, then heaved it towards the endzone, it sealed for bone head play of the week.

It was, by definition, worst case scenario. Even with the down, time left, score, everything as it was, I would much rather have seen an intentional grounding. And that call usually bothers me as a fan more than any other.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was, by definition, worst case scenario. Even with the down, time left, score, everything as it was, I would much rather have seen an intentional grounding. And that call usually bothers me as a fan more than any other.

IG would have been subject to a 10 second run off though. The mistake was in trying to go for it all. Even if we scored with no time on the clock, we would have needed to go for two. We were screwed from the end of the first quarter in that game any way.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. As much as we want to blame that last play, we lost that game in the first half, probably on that fumble in the red zone.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was puzzled as to why we didn't call a dive as well. Still think RG 3 thought it was 4th and 1. That's why he threw it in the endzone and not toward the sideline and out of bounds.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he said he was throwing the ball away . i dont see all or nothing when he was throwing it away and moving to the next play

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he said he was throwing the ball away . i dont see all or nothing when he was throwing it away and moving to the next play

3rd and 1 with 40 seconds left. You know they are in pass defense. Run the dive, pick up the first and then clock the ball. End up with 4 downs and say 25 seconds left. Enough for two shots at the endzone. It became all or nothing the moment he started drifting back to try and extend the play. Of course he was trying to throw it out of bounds, but the whole play was a mistake.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and 1 with 40 seconds left. You know they are in pass defense. Run the dive, pick up the first and then clock the ball. End up with 4 downs and say 25 seconds left. Enough for two shots at the endzone. It became all or nothing the moment he started drifting back to try and extend the play. Of course he was trying to throw it out of bounds, but the whole play was a mistake.

no it wasnt .

if he successfully throws it away , the clock stops and you get the 1st down and get a couple of cracks at the end zone

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it wasnt .

if he successfully throws it away , the clock stops and you get the 1st down and get a couple of cracks at the end zone

It was 3rd and 1. If he throws it away, you get 4th and 1. If we do a dive play on 3rd and 1 with Philly playing coverage, odds are we make it. 4 more downs and maybe 25 seconds left after we line up and clock it. He screwed the pooch. period.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 3rd and 1. If he throws it away, you get 4th and 1. If we do a dive play on 3rd and 1 with Philly playing coverage, odds are we make it. 4 more downs and maybe 25 seconds left after we line up and clock it. He screwed the pooch. period.

so you run a play to get you the 1st on 4th and one and take 2 cracks at the endzone

yes he screwed the pooch because he didnt execute the throw away properly

now if the dive play fails on 3rd and one you are still at 4th and 1 and we would be hearing about a crappy play call by kyle

and mind you , you are still in the same situation as i outlined