• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex hires Rob

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of these clowns have rode daddy's coattails as far as they can , this is it for them.

They'll drag the old man in next to be the GM....

I think Buddy Ryan is probably one of the most over-rated coaches in NFL history. Yeah, yeah, 86 Bares, whoop-de-friggin-doo.

What else is he known for other than coining the phrase "chuck and duck" and taking a swing at a better coach in Kevin Gilbride?

All that talent he had in Philly all those seasons, and he did jack-squat with it.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare for 2 years of some epic meltdowns, before they are both hilariously fired. Then Rex will be a DC somewhere and Rob will go home to daddy.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Buddy Ryan is probably one of the most over-rated coaches in NFL history. Yeah, yeah, 86 Bares, whoop-de-friggin-doo.

What else is he known for other than coining the phrase "chuck and duck" and taking a swing at a better coach in Kevin Gilbride?

All that talent he had in Philly all those seasons, and he did jack-squat with it.

He is, once again proving my point his sons think he's a NFL legend...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare for 2 years of some epic meltdowns, before they are both hilariously fired. Then Rex will be a DC somewhere and Rob will go home to daddy.

Rex at least has learned to act like a professional, somewhat. He would probably get a second chance somewhere else. Think you're right about Rob, he might wind up back in college somewhere

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex at least has learned to act like a professional, somewhat. He would probably get a second chance somewhere else. Think you're right about Rob, he might wind up back in college somewhere

If he gets a 3rd head coaching job after all of this, then whoever hires him deserves everything they get. :pound:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets a 3rd head coaching job after all of this, then whoever hires him deserves everything they get. :pound:

I heard this long ago and I repeat it a lot: "In the NFL, heads roll often but they don't roll far." So many bad coaches get re-hired because they have "experience."

Miami is really breaking from script going with the youngster Gase.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could be an overweight douchenozzle, suck at my job and still get paid millions.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Bills, they play home games in Canada, this is a PR dream......

They'll drag the old man in next to be the GM....
Still surprises me... Doug Whaley, x-Steeler personnel coordinator that worked directly under Kevin Colbert, is the current GM. I've read countless stories about how he is trying to run the team exactly how Kevin does in Pittsburgh. This hiring is the exact opposite of what he would do.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still surprises me... Doug Whaley, x-Steeler personnel coordinator that worked directly under Kevin Colbert, is the current GM. I've read countless stories about how he is trying to run the team exactly how Kevin does in Pittsburgh. This hiring is the exact opposite of what he would do.

They panic'd when they hired Rex, they should have been more focused on a reliable head coach, younger or older, plus let's face it Rex's record against the Patriots isn't that stellar.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They panic'd when they hired Rex, they should have been more focused on a reliable head coach, younger or older, plus let's face it Rex's record against the Patriots isn't that stellar.
Truth. Rex is a media circus by himself. Now bringing Rob in town... SMH. Maybe it is Rex's way of wanting to run the defense, or at least have a very big influence on it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. Rex is a media circus by himself. Now bringing Rob in town... SMH. Maybe it is Rex's way of wanting to run the defense, or at least have a very big influence on it.

Write it down, they will end up on a sideline together yelling at each other.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Write it down, they will end up on a sideline together yelling at each other.
Well if it does, then Doug will have to sleep in the bed that he made.

Tie-dye sheets, stuffed animals and all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans are just blessed man.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding of the organizational structure of the Bills is that Whaley and Ryan both report directly to the owners. Whaley probably had no say in the decision to hire Rob.

While he might not have been given a "playoff ultimatum", I'm guessing Ryan was told in so many words that the team will need to show noticeable improvement next season or he's gone. He apparently decided he's going to do it "his way".

As a Bills fan, it's hard to not be discouraged by this turn of events. The best spin I can put on it is there's a good chance we'll only have to put up with the carnival act for one season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding of the organizational structure of the Bills is that Whaley and Ryan both report directly to the owners. Whaley probably had no say in the decision to hire Rob.

While he might not have been given a "playoff ultimatum", I'm guessing Ryan was told in so many words that the team will need to show noticeable improvement next season or he's gone. He apparently decided he's going to do it "his way".

As a Bills fan, it's hard to not be discouraged by this turn of events. The best spin I can put on it is there's a good chance we'll only have to put up with the carnival act for one season.
They were pretty much 1 game away from the playoffs this season. So "noticeable improvement" is like you said, "playoff ultimatum".

I would have to agree that Whaley had no say in this. It doesn't have any sort of sensibility attached to it, at least not from an outsider perspective. Rob Ryan's defenses aren't playoff caliber. They are flashy, and most of the time downright awful. But this will be the first time that he inherits a playoff caliber defense, so it will be interesting to see what he does with it.