• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Revis to the Bucs

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Pats fans perspective, this is not a bad thing.
While I do think he overrated himself a little bit, he was/is an outstanding corner. Whether he returns to pre injury form remains to be seen, but I would rather he return to form with the Bucs than in the AFC East!!

Oh yeah, and good luck Rex!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man, the bucks are going to have a dang good secondary. And a lot of cash tied up back there

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the bucks are going to have a dang good secondary. And a lot of cash tied up back there

For 2 Years.

Bucs have signed all their players to Huge Up Front Money. I expect it to be the same with Revis.

I think he earns this in each year.
1. 25 Million
2. 15 Million
3. 10 Million
4. 8 Million
5. 5 Million

That first 40 Million will be guaranteed. But those last 3 for 23 million wouldnt be, so not only will the last 3 years be a bargain, it wont cost the Bucs anything to cut ties after 2 years.

With 32 Million and no 1st round pick, I expect at least 25 to go to revis another 5 to Mike Williams, and then they have about 3 million to spend on Draft Picks and mid season pick ups.

I also expect No Signing Bonus, like the contracts given to Nicks, Jackson, Wright, and Goldson.

If he signs a contract like this I will be happy, otherwise this could be a suspect move...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also hearing the Bucs only gave up one 2013 Draft Pick. If that is the case then I really Like this trade. 2013 is so deep of a class and 2014 is so Top Heavy of a draft that if we can give up 2014 picks then Great!!!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea ray_dogg and chrispozz on the niners board are always preaching to wait for contract details before you tare it apart. But you do have to be careful with Revis. If you front load him, then he tends to want a new contract as soon as the big money is gone. But damn the secondary is going to be good.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ray_dogg and chrispozz on the niners board are always preaching to wait for contract details before you tare it apart. But you do have to be careful with Revis. If you front load him, then he tends to want a new contract as soon as the big money is gone. But damn the secondary is going to be good.

I think that is why the Bucs need to protect themselves in the last 3 years with a lower salary that is not guaranteed. No Team in the NFL will give Revis 40 Million over 2 years, add in the fact that the state has No Income Tax and he will see as much money as he can Get in the NFL.

If he wants to hold out after this, cut his ass and move on. We can still draft a Good Corner in the 2nd and/or 3rd round to develop behind and/or along side Revis. If he plays hard ball after year 3, hopefully we have a guy or two waiting.

Last Year, a Half of a Revis would have gotten the Bucs to the playoffs (wins vs Washington, Philadelphia and New Orleans and At the Giants. Probably vs Atlanta) at 11-5 or 12-4. Eric Wright cannot have as bad a year as he did last year. I like the trade. If they gave up one 2013 pick and protect themselves in the contract this is Awesome!!!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ZERO guaranteed in 6 year 96 million deal! No guaranteed? This could be a great deal for Bucs. Lets see what the rest of the contract looks like. How much is fluff?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like none.
This is great all the way around. Revis will get 16 million a year and if the Bucs decide to cut him and not pay him the 16 million they will have to do it Before Free Agency begins otherwise they will owe him a lot of money. That way Revis will be on the open market when FA begins.

I love it. Not to mention not giving up more than the 1st this year and a 3rd next year in a much weaker draft is just icing on the cake. Hopefully he comes back 100% but even at 75% that should get us into the playoffs.

Hopefully we can now draft Darius Slay, bring him along slow.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade for both teams. Revis should fit in nicely for the Bucs and at the same time the Jets need to pretty much start from scratch. Give the new GM something to work with. They desperately need to improve the pass rush. As good as Revis is, you can gameplan around him, especially if there is no pressure on the QB.