• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Return Game

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_dm0D2p4k]UConn football Nick Williams - YouTube[/ame]

He's already on our practice squad...

Reminds me a lot of Amendola, Welker, Edelman type player. What did they do when got their first shot? Special teams.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just completely unacceptable and I don't understand why Shanahan lets this continue. While what Paul is saying may be true, it does not belong outside of Redskins Park. Could you imagine a Patriot making this statement (especially a 4th string TE)? They would be on the next bus out of dodge. This is not a good sign as a healthy team does not have players throwing coaches under the bus in the press. This is an "unforced error" much like the stupid penalties we continue to have that kill us for which there is no accountability.

Speaking of stupid penalties.......illegal procedure on a punt formation???? WTF??????? That penalty was the play that broke our back on Sunday. Just stupid.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand this quote from Shanahan regarding the special teams:

"We have a number of new faces in different positions," Shanahan said.

Unless he is talking about the snapper or kicker (even that is debatable) isn't this the nature of special teams? Aren't they generally made up of rookies & younger guys? Why would anyone expect players on special teams to remain the same from one season to the next?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it, either. We miscalculated how important a guy like Zo was and let him go. Yet we spent cap space on Rex. We also hung onto Brandon Banks way too long. Shanahan has a tendency to fall in love with speed for speed's sake. Speed is very important, but elusiveness in a kick returner is more important. Banks was never elusive and he couldn't break a tackle or make the first guy miss.....ever.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2msmYpNXic]Pigeon stars for the Raiders - YouTube[/ame]

I apologize if I already posted this, but this is one possible solution for the Redskins special teams' woes. :)

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still laughing about the game we played in Oakland with the pigeons. Cooley was talking about fans exiting and the smell of herb coming into the booth window, while Larry was rambling on about the field crew throwing down grass seed before the game and pigeons eating a buffet on the field.

8m Bryan Kehl told @granthpaulsen & @chaddukes Redskins are lacking "want to" on Special Teams, guys w/ "hair on fire." http://cbsloc.al/16hf4dC

I remember going to a Raiders game ages ago when they still played at the Coliseum in LA. I swear you could get high just breathing the air around you. Not sure if it is the same in Oakland, but it sounds like it from your description.