• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

resigning parise just got simpler

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cap is going up from 59.4 to 64 mil next season w/ a floor of 48 mil.

so zach, if you don't resign now, well.... i hate you and i'll trust that its not the teams fault :D cause i know they'll give you the money you ask for.

and lets dish off rollie and 5 mil to a team that needs to hit that 48 floor shall we?:washing:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
insane isnt it....cap just keeps going up and up

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big increase, and certainly gives us a lot more breathing room. I had a feeling we would resign Parise, but now I'm confident we could probably bring back Greene as well. I wasn't overly concerned before this, but now I'm much more comfortable with where we are financially.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Few years ago and the cap was 39mil! Will it ever drop s year?

You know all these people worried he might have gotten offers as a rfa...but do u think the bolts are worried with stamkos? Nope and I don't thimk they filed for arbitration

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ridiculous

Now all we need is for Brad Richards to sign a 10 year $100 mil contract and its back to pre-lockout days.

It must be nice to be a free agent this year. there's $120 mil extra this year to be spent on free agents. Its the year of Gomez/Briere/Drury all over again but now its overrated defensemen looking to cash in such as Erhoff, Bieksa, Wieznewski, and Kaberle

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous

Now all we need is for Brad Richards to sign a 10 year $100 mil contract and its back to pre-lockout days.

It must be nice to be a free agent this year. there's $120 mil extra this year to be spent on free agents. Its the year of Gomez/Briere/Drury all over again but now its overrated defensemen looking to cash in such as Erhoff, Bieksa, Wieznewski, and Kaberle

Ugh, :L

I hope we dont overpay him.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think it's ridiculous. It's tied to league revenues.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Excellent news! My only worry was that the Devils didn't seem to be showing how important Zach was to us and i was concerned that perhaps it'd make him look elsewhere but fingers crossed.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news.

As far as the cap going up every year, it will as long as the league continues to grow and do well. I'm really not surprised it has gone up every year since the lockout due to a very conservative cap number that first year. They weren't going to over shoot and send the league right back into a financial mess. The approach was to be conservative and see where the market took everyone.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Next cba you can bet they fix the dump nhl players in the ahl crap

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next cba you can bet they fix the dump nhl players in the ahl crap

I wouldn't be surprised if the NHLPA also 'caved in' on having RFA status pushed back to a later age like it was prior to the lockout. The rule backfired. It cost a lot of the 30+ year old veterans a job because NHL teams were forced to play low salary rookies due to cost restrictions.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't be surprised if the NHLPA also 'caved in' on having RFA status pushed back to a later age like it was prior to the lockout. The rule backfired. It cost a lot of the 30+ year old veterans a job because NHL teams were forced to play low salary rookies due to cost restrictions.

I think the earlier UFA status is key to maintaining competitive balance. By players salaries going up sooner, you can't have a team stockpile huge amounts of homegrown players until they're 30. Younger FA is the only way for teams that drafted poorly to be competetive. Also, I'd rather have energy filled kids in the game vs slow old veterans. The good ones are still getting their money.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well the goal of the NHLPA would be to extend the careers of its members. The veterans are also the ones who have paid their dues the longest and the PA should cater to those players above rookies who are just now entering the league.

It also isn't just the slow old veterans that are losing out on jobs. There are guys who are clearly NHL quality players still who have been replaced by less useful, younger, cheaper players.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well the goal of the NHLPA would be to extend the careers of its members. The veterans are also the ones who have paid their dues the longest and the PA should cater to those players above rookies who are just now entering the league.

It also isn't just the slow old veterans that are losing out on jobs. There are guys who are clearly NHL quality players still who have been replaced by less useful, younger, cheaper players.

I would like a list of those players displaced that were really still in their prime.

Also, I think the PA's job is to get the most amount of money for their players as quickly as possible.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love that Lou had Zach sitting at the table with them. Way to make sure Zach's totally aware of his standing with the team, the gm, everyone. Have a feeling I'm going to need to buy a c son to sew on my Parise jersey.