• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reshad Jones Contract Holdout?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll preface my comments by saying that I am a big R Jones fan. He is one of the top safeties in the league. He's a playmaker who deserved to go to his first Pro Bowl. That being said, Is he really considering sitting out when he's making over 7 million per year?? The defense would suffer if he is out & he would just lose money this year. He has no guarantee that the team would concede to his demands. When Kam Chancellor held out with the Seahawks it caused his team to get off to a slow start in the season in a league where every game matters.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think it's also a way t justify not having to go to practice.

But I don't think we need to do any contract work for players not in their final year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think it's also a way t justify not having to go to practice.

But I don't think we need to do any contract work for players not in their final year.
It's an unfortunate part of the game but with no guarantees on contracts you can't completely blame the players. Just a piss off when it happens mid contract I'm sure they'll work it out.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they work it out soon. The team will be better than expected in my opinion. However, players need to learn to work together. If Jones is out during mandatory practices it will be a further setback to the secondary and overall team.

As good as K Chancellor is when he came back their defense was giving up wide open plays because they weren't on the same page.

If this were the Pats the team would have enough depth to let him sit out & he'd be gone eventually. I think he is a special player & he could help the Fins to take their defense to the next level. That's why if he really plans to hold out it's a bigger deal than with most other players.

As a fan I can't relate to a person complaining about a 7 plus million dollar salary. If he insists on guaranteed money than another year could be added. The problem is as a team you can't have it become a regular occurrence for players that aren't even on contract years to skip practices. I understand Jones wanting more financial security but it seems like he's being selfish. I'd probably either draft a safety early next draft or sign a quality one in FA however this situation works out.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they work it out soon. The team will be better than expected in my opinion. However, players need to learn to work together. If Jones is out during mandatory practices it will be a further setback to the secondary and overall team.

As good as K Chancellor is when he came back their defense was giving up wide open plays because they weren't on the same page.

If this were the Pats the team would have enough depth to let him sit out & he'd be gone eventually. I think he is a special player & he could help the Fins to take their defense to the next level. That's why if he really plans to hold out it's a bigger deal than with most other players.

As a fan I can't relate to a person complaining about a 7 plus million dollar salary. If he insists on guaranteed money than another year could be added. The problem is as a team you can't have it become a regular occurrence for players that aren't even on contract years to skip practices. I understand Jones wanting more financial security but it seems like he's being selfish. I'd probably either draft a safety early next draft or sign a quality one in FA however this situation works out.
I'm sure this will blow over because he'll lose more by sitting out this year. Have another good season and he'll be paid handsomely that's his best bet. I the meantime he's staying healthy so I'm fine with that.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll know a lot more with this week of mini camp about how soon it could work out.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll know a lot more with this week of mini camp about how soon it could work out.
He's back already smart move on his part. Good for the team. I believe he's worried about injury but he has to realize that's why he received a bonus to sign. In any case I'd bump him a bit so he doesn't play soft.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news! I like the Fins' defense even more with him on the field. I think R Jones will play like a Champ and be rewarded for his talent and effort.