• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reports surfacing that Marshall is done in Chicago

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....what a long shot that was......My wife was saying the same thing in october.LMFAO

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less then $6M if gone by March 13... Yeah he's probably done.

The only problem I have with releasing Anyone... besides the cap hits, is the replacements. In Marshall's case I can see the argument that it's addition by subtraction, but who is going to catch passes? who will throw passes? Who will make tackles...etc.
Releasing/trading the problems creates poor cap situations and questionable replacements. It's true they could be as good or even better...but it is the Bears. And with no money to spend and limited options in FA and only 6 draft picks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less then $6M if gone by March 13... Yeah he's probably done.

The only problem I have with releasing Anyone... besides the cap hits, is the replacements. In Marshall's case I can see the argument that it's addition by subtraction, but who is going to catch passes? who will throw passes? Who will make tackles...etc.
Releasing/trading the problems creates poor cap situations and questionable replacements. It's true they could be as good or even better...but it is the Bears. And with no money to spend and limited options in FA and only 6 draft picks.

There's a lot worse guys to throw to out there than Jeffery, Martellus, Forte and Marquess Wilson. Plus, if Marshall is gone, there will likely be additions made. I can't see WR being high on the draft priority list at all, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a vet with a solid track record brought in.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's unacceptable!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marques Wilson showed diddily squat.
He showed little but then who showed much? This was one dysfunctional offense long before Wilson came back from injury. I still believe strongly in the kid.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we really need a second thread over this?

only guy with big enough balls to call out a poor performing team should not be the first guy run out of town.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we really need a second thread over this?

only guy with big enough balls to call out a poor performing team should not be the first guy run out of town.

This was the first official report. Perhaps it didn't need another thread, but I think that's pretty big news.

And I 100% disagree. The biggest cancer in the locker room should always be the first guy run out.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the first official report. Perhaps it didn't need another thread, but I think that's pretty big news.

And I 100% disagree. The biggest cancer in the locker room should always be the first guy run out.

Why do you consider the guy that called out the effort of everyone in the room a cancer? Seems he was the one guy trying to make something happen amongst the young players with no appointed leaders.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you consider the guy that called out the effort of everyone in the room a cancer? Seems he was the one guy trying to make something happen amongst the young players with no appointed leaders.

No… you're right. Calling out individuals in the locker room, constantly causing spectacles, challenging fans to fights, fighting with coaches, can't make a radio appearance without it turning into a confrontation, leaves his team every week to fly to New York for a TV show, etc… What a great teammate! How can it be that this guy was run out of two cities before and he's going on a third! HE'S SUCH A GREAT LOCKER ROOM GUY!

Get fucking real people. My god. The man is insane.

I guess what you look for in a leader is someone who simply yells and screams.

Oh, and really? Did you watch the game the next week versus New England. He BLATANTLY did not try. He didn't jump for balls two to three feet over his head. THE WEEK AFTER HE CALLED OUT THE TEAM.

He is a complete and utter joke. As is anyone who can't see that he is a problem. How can people not see this? How…???

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that shit happened long after the season meant shit. An All-Pro player wants to win. When they don't, frustration will mount, and attention will be harder to hold.

I don't condone his behavior of late, but i also don't think it needs to be a nail in his proverbial coffin either. This season was obviously a joke. A big enough one, that a GM and an entire coaching staff lost their jobs. Certainly in a season like that, overflowed frustrations from a player can be understood.

He was our team MVP in at least 4 games this year, with a litany of injuries. I personally, would be in no hurry to send him packing, unless, financially it bettered the team, and in the process didn't hurt them on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was stupid

No… you're right. Calling out individuals in the locker room, constantly causing spectacles, challenging fans to fights, fighting with coaches, can't make a radio appearance without it turning into a confrontation, leaves his team every week to fly to New York for a TV show, etc… What a great teammate! How can it be that this guy was run out of two cities before and he's going on a third! HE'S SUCH A GREAT LOCKER ROOM GUY!

Oh, and really? Did you watch the game the next week versus New England. He BLATANTLY did not try. He didn't jump for balls two to three feet over his head. THE WEEK AFTER HE CALLED OUT THE TEAM.

He is a complete and utter joke. As is anyone who can't see that he is a problem. How can people not see this? How…???

You lost it when you complained about what a grown ass man does on his fucking day off. Get real man

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like how all you people were in the room when Marshall was screaming and knew exactly what happened.

Why are you concerned of what a man does on his day off? How many film sessions or practices were missed from doing his show.

Nobody had a problem with any of this stuff Marshall did when he was on Jays sack. Actually started sharing the blame with the highest paid quarterback in the league that was missing targets constantly and the fans turned on him.

You know, people (Joey) whine about the turncoats wanting to get rid of Jay, the best statistical quarterback in chicago bear history. We can agree he is not top 10 in the league. I think alot of people have brandon marshall on their top 10 recveiver list, alot probably top 5 and you want to get rid of that.... I guess he just made all those 300 pound grown men cry when he told them to put in the work. Seems like anyone against him calling out the team was one that has been called out and pouted over it. Chicago bears dont need a team of pouters.