• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report - Tomsula To Be Fired After Season

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's better than nothing. We all knew that Baalke will be back. This is going to be his 3rd head coach hiring. He better get it right or he will be gone in 2017. It's like getting the pumpkin pie, but no whipped cream. One is better than none, but would have preferred Tomsula and Baalke gone. I can't wait for Jed and Trent (Abbott and Costello) for their presser. I'm probably insulting Abbott and Costello by comparing them to these two clowns.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's better than nothing. We all knew that Baalke will be back. This is going to be his 3rd head coach hiring. He better get it right or he will be gone in 2017. It's like getting the pumpkin pie, but no whipped cream. One is better than none, but would have preferred Tomsula and Baalke gone. I can't wait for Jed and Trent (Abbott and Costello) for their presser. I'm probably insulting Abbott and Costello by comparing them to these two clowns.
Tomsula was York's hire. Baalke wanted Gase. Baalke has made too many draft and roster mistakes. But this is a start.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula was York's hire. Baalke wanted Gase. Baalke has made too many draft and roster mistakes. But this is a start.

Even if they fire Tomsula, what coach would want to be a part of this mess? Having Baalke around just doesn't make sense. He hasn't had a good drat since 2011. That's why the Niners' roster lack talent and depth.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Glazer per Fox believes Tomsula is indeed 1 and done, and that SF is trying to look for a 'big fish' to take over, but most of the top-flight guys are hesitant to work with Baalke.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following up on Glazer's report - Look for Sean Payton to be possibly linked with the Colts and the Niners. Glazer is pretty good, but I have a hard time seeing Payton in SF.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following up on Glazer's report - Look for Sean Payton to be possibly linked with the Colts and the Niners. Glazer is pretty good, but I have a hard time seeing Payton in SF.
Someone on another site mentioned a Baalke/Payton connection to Parcells. I know nothing about this and won't get my hopes up

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Baalke and Payton are Parcell guys. In fact, Baalke went to Parcells inquiring if he wanted to be the HC some years back. Apparently, Ian Rappaport per NFLN indicated last year that Payton would've been interested in the SF job had it been open.

I still can't see Sean 'bountygate against SF' Payton coaching a team run by Jed 'win with class' York.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A step in the right direction.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes: one problem is Baakle staying:

Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer also reported on the network’s pre-game show that Tomsula would be “one and done” in San Francisco. He added that the 49ers want to bring in a “big fish” candidate but “many of them don’t want to come out with the general manager, Trent Baalke. It’s going to be interesting to see what Jed York does in that situation.”

Read more here: Reports: 49ers expected to fire Jim Tomsula

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Mike Shanahan has expressed interest

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer also reported on the network’s pre-game show that Tomsula would be “one and done” in San Francisco. He added that the 49ers want to bring in a “big fish” candidate but “many of them don’t want to come out with the general manager, Trent Baalke. It’s going to be interesting to see what Jed York does in that situation.”

MP

The article mentions Baalke's influence on coaching staff. That doesn't work. Hopefully he backs off next time

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmgren as well but do we want old blood in the way this game is now?

Ideally no. I have been a Shanahan guy but a younger coach is ideal. Not sure there are any big names out there that would want to come here. I would be okay with Hue Jackson

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSHoM1zm_normal.jpg Kyle McLorg @Kyle_McLorgBASG

Source: Baalke will handle the new coaching search entirely. York will not be involved in finding the next 49ers head coach.

FSHoM1zm_normal.jpg Kyle McLorg @Kyle_McLorgBASG

Source: "Baalke loves Hue"

Kyle McLorg‏@Kyle_McLorgBASG 2h2 hours ago

Source on Jim Tomsula: "He's gone."

Kyle McLorg‏@Kyle_McLorgBASG 1h1 hour ago

Based on what my source told me, Hue Jackson sounds like the guy that Baalke wants though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oKqseuZ2_normal.jpg Michael Silver

@MikeSilver

Among those who have reached out to express interest in a potential 49ers opening: Chip Kelly and Mike Shanahan. Others to come...

oKqseuZ2_normal.jpg Michael Silver

@MikeSilver

The larger point is this: The 49ers job is far more attractive than commonly perceived. I know from discussing with multiple candidates.

9:49 AM - 3 Jan 2016

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apparently Mike Shanahan has expressed interest

first things first, make the decision to fire Tomsula and start calling around.

second, yeah there is some truth is 'working with Baalke', but wouldn't this be true for ANY HC/GM? There are other NFL teams who'll have new HC's, and those candidates have to weigh those GM's too. Anyway, not worried about candidates now, don't see us ending up with the 'last place' candidate. Holmgren and Shanahan shows there will be decent candidates to interview. Not saying i want one of these guys, but there will be decent candidates.

there are former HC's who live and die coaching, another opportunity overrides SOME negativity with GM's, Owners, etc.. Even with no good QB, they'll take the job, cause just about all HC openings are due to no QB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first things first, make the decision to fire Tomsula and start calling around.

second, yeah there is some truth is 'working with Baalke', but wouldn't this be true for ANY HC/GM? There are other NFL teams who'll have new HC's, and those candidates have to weigh those GM's too. Anyway, not worried about candidates now, don't see us ending up with the 'last place' candidate. Holmgren and Shanahan shows there will be decent candidates to interview. Not saying i want one of these guys, but there will be decent candidates.

there are former HC's who live and die coaching, another opportunity overrides SOME negativity with GM's, Owners, etc.. Even with no good QB, they'll take the job, cause just about all HC openings are due to no QB.

Hey Deep. Gotta run. Will respond back later.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
View attachment 73069 Michael Silver

@MikeSilver

Among those who have reached out to express interest in a potential 49ers opening: Chip Kelly and Mike Shanahan. Others to come...

View attachment 73070 Michael Silver

@MikeSilver

The larger point is this: The 49ers job is far more attractive than commonly perceived. I know from discussing with multiple candidates.

9:49 AM - 3 Jan 2016

Yep, not worried about candidates who won't want to work with Baalke. if they don't want to, then we don't want them coming to SF. So the bigger issue is finding the right HC, and it doesn't need to be a name guy like Holmgren or Shanahan. Even if its an 'up and comer', make the right selection and we'll move upward.