• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Players are "leery" Chip Kelly is "full of himself"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In talking to players around the league about these moves, they were left a little leery of Chip Kelly, asking what exactly is he doing. It's not just LeSean McCoy he traded, he's let go of Todd Herremans, he's let go of Cary Williams, he's let go of Trent Cole. This is a year after he let go of DeSean Jackson.

All of a sudden players are going, "Does Chip Kelly value players in this league or does he value his own system?" And it's basically, "Is he full of himself or does he understand it's about talent?" So ultimately while the Eagles have about $50 million in cap space, you have to wonder if players are going to sit there and say, "I'm not sure I want to play for the Eagles because I'm not sure Chip Kelly is going to hold onto good players over the long run."

Transcript of Bleacher Report's Jason Cole interview.

See video here: Insider Buzz: Free Agents 'Leery' of Chip Kelly's Philosophy After McCoy Trade | Bleacher Report

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really going to mortgage the future of the franchise on getting Mariota isn't he? :eek: Oh well, can't say this isn't going to talked about for the next decade.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just paving the way for his return to college once that show cause is done.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Full of himself" bubbles to the top pretty easily.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bookmark this thread. You can see who the yellow-bellied Eagles fans are, and the haters and doubters.

Tennesse should LOVE Chip's erection for MM because it may dramatically raise the value of that #2 overall pick.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some recent mock drafts that I've seen have the Jets taking Mariota with the sixth pick. I wonder how much more than Philly's 20th pick and Foles it would take for a deal to happen. Might not be as prohibitive as I once thought.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? The players should come out and put their name on it or STFU - can't stand that about players

Number two, a lot of those guys are past their prime and aren't worth keeping - I love LeSean, Todd Herremans and Trent Cole but two of the three are too old at this point and the other one is getting paid big time and with the way running backs are, who knows what happens to him? Also, Cary Williams is garbage and nobody is going to lose sleep over him going elsewhere

Chip is getting younger and making smart deals - if Kiko Alonso comes back healthy, that's a steal of a deal - he's young, athletic and would be a huge difference maker on defense - plus, some of those guys Chip has let go, were not his guys and it's quite common around the league where new coaches and GM's let the players from the old regime go, because those are not their guys and they want to build the team their own way

Tired of players and analysts thinking Chip is full of himself - he's 20-12 in his first two seasons as a head coach, that's a damn good resume and he's done a lot of great things - nobody is perfect but he's really done a nice job and he's building this team the right way - do I want him to trade up and get MM in the draft? I'd prefer Nick Foles because with an offensive line healthy and himself healthy, I think he's really good, but why am I going to doubt Chip? A lot of the moves he's made have been genius-like moves

This is a case of players sticking up for each other and while I'm not surprised at this, the players need to understand that it's about winning and that some of these players the Eagles are letting go, are flat out past their prime

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just paving the way for his return to college once that show cause is done.

Chip Kelly is going to lose the trust of the players if this keeps up. Look at Trent Cole's reaction to being cut yesterday, you usually see guys thank teams after being cut instead of reacting like that. He keeps this up and people won't want to play for him. Don't be surprised when this doesn't work out and he bolts for Miami, USC, or somewhere else.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is going to lose the trust of the players if this keeps up. Look at Trent Cole's reaction to being cut yesterday, you usually see guys thank teams after being cut instead of reacting like that. He keeps this up and people won't want to play for him. Don't be surprised when this doesn't work out and he bolts for Miami, USC, or somewhere else.

Yep. Exactly what I was thinking. We've seen this movie before, so it ain't necessarily about Chip.

Although, if Iggloo ever loses track of this thread, I'll be happy to remind him, daily, of how much a hater I am. It's a free service I provide.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bookmark this thread. You can see who the yellow-bellied Eagles fans are, and the haters and doubters.

Tennesse should LOVE Chip's erection for MM because it may dramatically raise the value of that #2 overall pick.

Iggloo, I can't say this enough: I hope the Eagles and Titans do a deal that's fair to both and I hope Mariota works out. Call us up! :hope:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? The players should come out and put their name on it or STFU - can't stand that about players

Number two, a lot of those guys are past their prime and aren't worth keeping - I love LeSean, Todd Herremans and Trent Cole but two of the three are too old at this point and the other one is getting paid big time and with the way running backs are, who knows what happens to him? Also, Cary Williams is garbage and nobody is going to lose sleep over him going elsewhere

Chip is getting younger and making smart deals - if Kiko Alonso comes back healthy, that's a steal of a deal - he's young, athletic and would be a huge difference maker on defense - plus, some of those guys Chip has let go, were not his guys and it's quite common around the league where new coaches and GM's let the players from the old regime go, because those are not their guys and they want to build the team their own way

Tired of players and analysts thinking Chip is full of himself - he's 20-12 in his first two seasons as a head coach, that's a damn good resume and he's done a lot of great things - nobody is perfect but he's really done a nice job and he's building this team the right way - do I want him to trade up and get MM in the draft? I'd prefer Nick Foles because with an offensive line healthy and himself healthy, I think he's really good, but why am I going to doubt Chip? A lot of the moves he's made have been genius-like moves

This is a case of players sticking up for each other and while I'm not surprised at this, the players need to understand that it's about winning and that some of these players the Eagles are letting go, are flat out past their prime

I fucking LOVE it. :nod: Win or lose, this experiment is going to be interesting as hell to watch unfold. If Jameis goes #1 as expected, the second the Titans are on the clock my heart rate will be off the charts. I hope I'm still a Titans fan when the pick is in.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure "outsiders" will question Kelly and the moves he's making, personally I don't care what Blecher report has to comment on it, ( there want a be's)

As for the players commenting, well they didn't win anything big while they were here so maybe, just maybe Chip is changing the culture in Philly finally....

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chips is either brilliant or a damn full of himself fool. Only time will tell which one is correct.
I think he is so confident that his System works that he can just plug and play
Spurrier thought the same and well lets just say it did not work out for the Redskins and the Fun and Gun

It will be fun to watch stay tuned folks same Duck Station Same Duck Channel :D

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Also he has wrested control of personnel control. Very, very few coaches enjoy success as coach while also controlling player personnel.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he has wrested control of personnel control. Very, very few coaches enjoy success as coach while also controlling player personnel.
It's kind of interesting Philly so quickly went back to a similar power structure that was there during much of the Reid era.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really going to mortgage the future of the franchise on getting Mariota isn't he? :eek: Oh well, can't say this isn't going to talked about for the next decade.
Chip also likes the potential of these two guys....
funny-pictures-footballs.jpg

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Titans are smart, they will ask for the farm if Kelly wants to trade up. The minute that trade call is made to Tennessee, you know Chip is all in on Mariotta. The Titans will be holding all the cads.