• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Aqib Talib, Mike Mitchell on Redskins' radar

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant really be surprised can you?? Talib, top FA corner on the market... This will be extremely telling if we Sign this guy to the type of deal he is expecting.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavan forbid we'get the best cb ahhhhhhh

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaven forbid we actually show a little restraint in FA not because we had to, but because it was the smart move. But you are probably right, we will sign him for $10 million a year... and in two years every one will be bitching that he didnt live up to the contract.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right Shark.

We are fine at corner. Could we use another...sure but it's not the end of the world if we don't sign a high dollar guy.

Again, Talib just isn't as good as people claim...sorry. Josh Gordon made him his bitch.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok! I am all for us getting Mike Mitchell. We desperately need a safety. However, I am not all the way on board for us to get AqibTalib. Sure! He can ball, but he's injury prone and wants too much money. He wants to be the highest paid CB. Our secondary problems were not on the perimeters, but in the middle via the safety positions. I believe David Amerson will continue to develop or maybe he'll replace Josh Wilson. Antonio Cromartie just got released. Believe it or not, he had a good year, last year. Why not go after him? I don't know. I just don't have a good feeling.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gk... I got a bad feeling right now that we are going to swing for the fences. Talib, Byrd and Mitchell, plus an ILB (Mays or Spikes would be my guesses, both if they cant get Riley back) and Joseph for the D-Line.

Believe it or not I think On offense the most we will bring in Via FA is an OT, OG and a WR. But the first portions of the draft will focus on the Offense.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you'can not show'restraint you'guys act like lion'fans don't come crying on her when we get loaded with sharks C Grade el cheapos and wonder what went wrong crying about we need a corner and that el cheapo cb say'josh'wilson''sucks'it'up. And if talib suxs it up I would say well I'm glad we have a gm that cares I want the'best. Not el cheapos . Just one'big time signing won't hurt fellow lion jag fans

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gk... I got a bad feeling right now that we are going to swing for the fences. Talib, Byrd and Mitchell, plus an ILB (Mays or Spikes would be my guesses, both if they cant get Riley back) and Joseph for the D-Line.

Believe it or not I think On offense the most we will bring in Via FA is an OT, OG and a WR. But the first portions of the draft will focus on the Offense.

I can't imagine going for all those players on defense and I don't think we can afford them. If we do...I may have to find a new team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine going for all those players on defense and I don't think we can afford them. If we do...I may have to find a new team.

Oh there is a way they could afford them all, would require pushing some money into the back ends of deals. But thats nothing new.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you'can not show'restraint you'guys act like lion'fans don't come crying on her when we get loaded with sharks C Grade el cheapos and wonder what went wrong crying about we need a corner and that el cheapo cb say'josh'wilson''sucks'it'up. And if talib suxs it up I would say well I'm glad we have a gm that cares I want the'best. Not el cheapos . Just one'big time signing won't hurt fellow lion jag fans

Smart teams spend on their own drafted players. They let dumb teams over pay for free agents. If you make some one the highest paid player at their position, and they came in from another team... it just shows you cant develop inhouse talent AND your Gm is a moron.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John K said it in a recent post, just because we have spoken with his agent don't assume we are going after him with everything we've got. I like the sound of Mitchell, but not so much Talib. There are other options that are less risky, for younger players, and maybe even a little bit cheaper.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John K said it in a recent post, just because we have spoken with his agent don't assume we are going after him with everything we've got. I like the sound of Mitchell, but not so much Talib. There are other options that are less risky, for younger players, and maybe even a little bit cheaper.

Mitchell will also cost a pretty penny... just saying.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to be cheap, but I don't expect Mitchell to expect Byrd, Ward, Talib or Verner $$$. A few million makes a difference when you have some holes to fill with a somewhat limited budget.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell will also cost a pretty penny... just saying.

If they really want to get crazy with this thing they can, and we will know soon if thats the route they decide to take. Here are my guess numbers without going deep into it as to what it will cost in 2014 cap dollars for each player listed

Byrd $5-6 million against the cap on a 5 year $45 million deal
Mitchell $3.5-5 million this year on a 5/35 deal
Riley (if they are smart) $3.5-5 on a $6/32 deal
Talib (which scares me) $7-9 million on a 5/50 deal
Rak (if they get it done) $6-9 on a 6/55 deal
OT (dont really have any idea who they are targeting) Expect this to come in around $4-6 million in cap on a 5/35 deal

OG ( again no preference) $3-4 on a 5/20 deal

Other ILB ( Thinking Mays or Spikes) $2.5-4 million cap hit on a 5/24 deal

that would leave a need at WR, and the draft could be used to bring in depth and developmental players.

But to make all these moves we would need to cut Bowen and likely rework/extend a couple of other guys.

This would keep Danny and the majority of the fan base happy.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they really want to get crazy with this thing they can, and we will know soon if thats the route they decide to take. Here are my guess numbers without going deep into it as to what it will cost in 2014 cap dollars for each player listed

Byrd $5-6 million against the cap on a 5 year $45 million deal
Mitchell $3.5-5 million this year on a 5/35 deal
Riley (if they are smart) $3.5-5 on a $6/32 deal
Talib (which scares me) $7-9 million on a 5/50 deal
Rak (if they get it done) $6-9 on a 6/55 deal
OT (dont really have any idea who they are targeting) Expect this to come in around $4-6 million in cap on a 5/35 deal

OG ( again no preference) $3-4 on a 5/20 deal

Other ILB ( Thinking Mays or Spikes) $2.5-4 million cap hit on a 5/24 deal

that would leave a need at WR, and the draft could be used to bring in depth and developmental players.

But to make all these moves we would need to cut Bowen and likely rework/extend a couple of other guys.

This would keep Danny and the majority of the fan base happy.
happy happy hapy:yahoo:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Building a team through free agency has never worked for any team. You build through the draft. After 15 years or actually more EVERY Redskin fan should know that. Well paid players rarely play as hard as people who are playing hard because they want a big pay day.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAving said all I did in my last post. The reality is, dream teams never work outside the Olympic basketball team. If We make all those moves to bring in all those "play makers" it will fail spectacularly and we will be back to where we were five years ago constantly reworking contracts to try and bring in the next playmaker or keep our own players. And you can only have one team at a time doing that in a division. Its not our turn. :whistle:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also extremely short-sighted...but Coach Spurrier liked it.

If we were to sign all these insane contracts, let's say RG3 does work out and in 2 years we have to do his 20mil/season contract...WTF then? That's why these large back loaded contracts are just stupid.