• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Renteria Out as Manager

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cora. Hinch.
Based on what Hahn said in his limited statement, it almost has to be one of these two. He said he wanted someone with recent championship experience. Unless there's someone else out there we're not aware of that fits this criteria, it almost has to be one of them. The trouble is they're both cheaters, and that's gonna be brought up time and again, especially early in their reign.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what Hahn said in his limited statement, it almost has to be one of these two. He said he wanted someone with recent championship experience. Unless there's someone else out there we're not aware of that fits this criteria, it almost has to be one of them. The trouble is they're both cheaters, and that's gonna be brought up time and again, especially early in their reign.
to an older person 11 years ago IS recent! la russa is in the mix ... but it's crazy. he's 76 fer cryss sake!
then again, he has 3 ws championships under his belt. now let's see, what idiot fired him early in his career???

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is chuck tanner still alive?
Hey, I'll never forget those first few years with Chuck at the helm, and with the '71 season in particular. We went from 106 losses the previous season to just 83, altho the then new GM Roland Hemond had a lot to do with that as well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to an older person 11 years ago IS recent! la russa is in the mix.
Personally, I'd love to see Tony get another shot, but my guess is they'll want someone younger and very recent experience.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. all the excitement might pass in a few hours

Oh my God Jerry no...I know it was probably the biggest mistake you ever made as an owner, but not now...It's too late man.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd love to see Tony get another shot, but my guess is they'll want someone younger and very recent experience.

It would definitely please some of the older base of Sox fans for sure and I can see the appeal...but man, I dunno...I don't think I like it. Then again...76 years old is good enough for president these days so I guess it's in the realm of possibility.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm biggest mistake huh? i'd go with hiring kenny williams on that one.

Can I go all space time continuum star trekky on you and claim Kenny would never have been there in the first place had we stuck with LaRussa?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would definitely please some of the older base of Sox fans for sure and I can see the appeal...but man, I dunno...I don't think I like it. Then again...76 years old is good enough for president these days so I guess it's in the realm of possibility.
Yeah, have to agree here. Tony probably would be more the sentimental choice with us old buzzards.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I go all space time continuum star trekky on you and claim Kenny would never have been there in the first place had we stuck with LaRussa?
you can try but, he was hired in '92 as a scout. not sure i see any reason that wouldn't have happened anyway.
but, i have a backup. next worst move was hiring ventura to manage.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, have to agree here. Tony probably would be more the sentimental choice with us old buzzards.
^^^My old man would be one of these for sure...It would have tickled his pickle lol. I'm tearing up thinking about it...Ha. He was a huge Tom Brady fan too and I always was like "F*ck Brady Go Bears" whenever he brought him up. He bought my younger son a Tom Brady bobblehead our last Christmas together lulz. That thing is sacred in my household now...Too funny. Old bastard got me on that one. This week could have been spectacular between us finally upending him and LaRussa possibly signing...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can try but, he was hired in '92 as a scout. not sure i see any reason that wouldn't have happened anyway.
but, i have a backup. next worst move was hiring ventura to manage.

We would have had like 3 championships by then and our bar would have been too high for Kenny at all levels. ;)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you guys brought up Kenny Williams, my question is what exactly does he do within the organization these days - what are his responsibilities? I'm not asking to be sarcastic, but honestly I don't know what his function is other than being Hahn's boss. And let's face it, Hahn has pretty much taken over complete control of running the Sox from an organization standpoint, and I'm thankful for that, as Williams was often a major fuckup when it came to running the Sox as a GM.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you guys brought up Kenny Williams, my question is what exactly does he do within the organization these days - what are his responsibilities? I'm not asking to be sarcastic, but honestly I don't know what his function is other than being Hahn's boss. And let's face it, Hahn has pretty much taken over complete control of running the Sox from an organization standpoint, and I'm thankful for that, as Williams was often a major fuckup when it came to running the Sox as a GM.
i'm thinking reinsdork keeps him around for the times he gets a little horny.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants us to believe that Hahn is his sock puppet.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Joey Cora - as a former player would be the target here, but he was the guy who actually thought up the cheating scandal - while AJ was credited with not his idea and not involved.

LaRussa was a decent manager and I liked him a lot - back in the day. But, not now -please.