• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Renteria Out as Manager

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
luckily this larussa rumor is coming from the biggest media hack going. a “mystery” candidate will emerge soon

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty old - but I look at Tony La Russa and think - "now that's old." I think it is a valid question to ask if - Reinsdorf once promised La Russa he could die as the White Sox manager? Tony has come to collect on that promise.

La Russa - No - too old (but gets offered a job as a Special Advisor to Rich Hahn)
Joey Cora - probably the best pick - but easily the most radioactive due to the Astros scandal that Joey devised and ran.
AJ Hinch - Is probably a target for the Sox Right now - fits the criteria.

Sleeper picks - Matt Quatraro Bay Ray's Bench Coach
Joe Espada - Astro's bench coach

My theory is Reinsdorf wants La Russa's input on the next manager - rather than just let Hahn and Williams run that show.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the please-don't-hire-Tony-LaRussa-as-manager crowd in here, which is pretty much everyone (and yes, that includes me), I'm actually a bit encouraged by this otherwise non committal update from 670 The Score's Bruce Levine, who says that Hahn wants to name the new skipper for the Good Guys at some point in the next two weeks.

The reason I feel encouraged by this is the Sox have already completed their interview with LaRussa and yet Hahn says we're a couple of weeks out. IMHO, no matter how much some of these writer clowns are claiming that it's "LaRussa's job to lose", this to me suggests that Hahn is biding his time to formally interview the candidate he'll actually name to the job. I mean, if it really is LaRussa's job to lose, then why not just cut the charade and give him the job already? Answer: Because he's not going to get it, that's why. One thing to which I had no idea is that the Sox have interviewed others beside LaRussa, altho no names are mentioned. I suspect those interviews were with internal candidates.

And on a side note, I find it interesting that this Levine report only shows up in Rotoworld and not on the Score's webpage. It's the little things like this that amuse me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want La Russa - he managed the Great Minnie Minoso.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tsk tsk tsk........you guys still refuse to acknowledge the genius that was Terry Bevington. :drool:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then i want the great al lopez!
You win: Minnie Minoso under La Russa = 1 game - Under Al Lopez - multiple years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, my White Sox bruthas, IF.....the Sox were to go with someone who has WS experience, but not as a manager, what's your take on this guy?

Matt Quatraro
Expect to see this guy’s name on a lot of potential-manager lists. The Tampa Bay Rays bench coach is still working this season, with the Rays in the World Series, and he’d bring some knowledge from years in what is perhaps the best run organization in baseball. Hahn specifically described this managerial search as an opportunity to hear how other winning organizations do things, and no organization might be worth emulating as much as the Rays. Quatraro spent a decade coaching in the Rays’ minor league system before joining the major league staff in Cleveland for a few years. He then returned to the Rays for the past three seasons, including this year’s run to the AL pennant.

The above is from the local NBC sports website. Of course the immediate knock on him is he has no managerial experience, and Hahn has stated on more than one occasion that he'd like someone who has managed a team. But I don't think it's etched in stone, and this dude comes from not only a winning organization (actually two), but one that year after year puts together a really solid ballclub on the tiniest of budgets. The latter has more to do with the front office of course, but I like that he's worked his way up thru the ranks and I'm guessing has a good rapport with the players and staff. I'd have no problems at all if Hahn went with him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, my White Sox bruthas, IF.....the Sox were to go with someone who has WS experience, but not as a manager, what's your take on this guy?

Matt Quatraro
Expect to see this guy’s name on a lot of potential-manager lists. The Tampa Bay Rays bench coach is still working this season, with the Rays in the World Series, and he’d bring some knowledge from years in what is perhaps the best run organization in baseball. Hahn specifically described this managerial search as an opportunity to hear how other winning organizations do things, and no organization might be worth emulating as much as the Rays. Quatraro spent a decade coaching in the Rays’ minor league system before joining the major league staff in Cleveland for a few years. He then returned to the Rays for the past three seasons, including this year’s run to the AL pennant.

The above is from the local NBC sports website. Of course the immediate knock on him is he has no managerial experience, and Hahn has stated on more than one occasion that he'd like someone who has managed a team. But I don't think it's etched in stone, and this dude comes from not only a winning organization (actually two), but one that year after year puts together a really solid ballclub on the tiniest of budgets. The latter has more to do with the front office of course, but I like that he's worked his way up thru the ranks and I'm guessing has a good rapport with the players and staff. I'd have no problems at all if Hahn went with him.
I like this fellow, but Hahn used to be AJ Hinch's agent - so I suspect HInch interest and even perhaps the parameter of a deal has already been agreed to.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this fellow, but Hahn used to be AJ Hinch's agent - so I suspect HInch interest and even perhaps the parameter of a deal has already been agreed to.
Whoa.....Hahn use to be AJ's agent? Seriously? Holy shit, I had no idea - actually I had no idea that Hahn was ever an agent, let alone AJ's. Where did you dig this up? It's fascinating.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind Mingo, I just read the article explaining the Hahn-Hinch connection. And not to mention the Williams-Hinch-Stanford connection as well. After reading the article, I can see why he's likely to get the job offer.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Manuel could pretend to speak Spanish and make a comeback.