• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Renaissance man Jose Valverde

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to chuckle. Everybody I know gave Jose Valverde up for dead after his implosion in last year's AL postseason.

Honestly I thought we may never see him pitch again in Detroit but I did not point-blank say never.

I know that there are still thousands waiting to run him out of town on a rail the first time he does his 9th inning high-wire act and fails. But I admire the guy for never giving up.

Plus it takes a certain mindset to be a closer and he has it. Even if he seems like a carnival barker. He is getting the off-speed pitches in the right zones. He is up to 95 MPH. A lot of people that throw 100 MPH cannot close. As an obvious Tigers fan, I hope that he can.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to chuckle. Everybody I know gave Jose Valverde up for dead after his implosion in last year's AL postseason.

Honestly I thought we may never see him pitch again in Detroit but I did not point-blank say never.

I know that there are still thousands waiting to run him out of town on a rail the first time he does his 9th inning high-wire act and fails. But I admire the guy for never giving up.

Plus it takes a certain mindset to be a closer and he has it. Even if he seems like a carnival barker. He is getting the off-speed pitches in the right zones. He is up to 95 MPH. A lot of people that throw 100 MPH cannot close. As an obvious Tigers fan, I hope that he can.

I'll give him this: He makes things a lot more interesting. :heh:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is like Mariano Rivera and Trevor Hoffman combined compared to the invalids the Mets have been trotting out of the bullpen.

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is like Mariano Rivera and Trevor Hoffman combined compared to the invalids the Mets have been trotting out of the bullpen.

I'll give him this: He makes things a lot more interesting. :heh:

The invalids that the Mets were trotting out of the bullpen were just like the guys we have trotting out of the 'pen here in the "D"...

Jose just made things a lot more interesting. Got the save and looked OK but threw 17 fastballs, high of 94 MPH...if he does not mix it up with some off-speed it will be a short return.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy can pitch,no doubt,he just struggled at the wrong time last year.
He has to give up his damn WWE ripoff entrance crap,and concentrate on his pitches.

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy can pitch,no doubt,he just struggled at the wrong time last year.
He has to give up his damn WWE ripoff entrance crap,and concentrate on his pitches.

He did struggle at the wrong time last year.

I was not aware of the WWE thing. I don't follow wrestling. He likes to act the "Hot Dog". Amazing how well it goes over when he gets the save and how "played out" it gets when he fails.