• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember this guy?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jadeveon Clowney still feeling discomfort in knee - NFL.com

Jadeveon Clowney was ill this weekend. But that wasn't the only thing that kept the first overall pick out of the lineup in Week 9.

"It was pretty much both, the knee and I was sick," Clowney revealed on Wednesday, according to the Houston Chronicle. "I was out. I didn't get to practice at the end of the week. I was at home sick.

"I don't know what I had, but it wasn't good. I'm feeling better. The knee is getting better."

Clowney has appeared in just one game since undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee after Week 1. He admitted Wednesday he still feels discomfort when he moves laterally.

"There are certain things going on with my knee still," he said. "I'm not able to do the things I want to do. It's just not where it needs to be right now. We're taking a step back and trying to get it to where we need it be so I can play."

This is beginning to look like an ailment that will plague Clowney for the balance of his rookie season. It also puts the Texans in a predicament: They want their prized rookie to continue his development on the field, but they also must be wary of any long-term effects of playing him at less than 100 percent.

Perhaps Clowney will be fully recovered in a few weeks. But it's also possible that the rookie gets shut down if Houston falls out of the playoff picture entirely.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast previews Browns-Bengals and returns the game "Win Gregg's Toaster." Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

This guy is going to be a serious bust

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll be a bust on the Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell scale but if he doesn't get on the field and bust his ass every play than he'll definitely be a big bust nonetheless.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I think he is headed to the category of head case and Houston is going to be screwed.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is coming off as being soft. You know, one of those guys that if he isn't 100%, he doesn't play through it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he can't play through the concussion. His other injuries however....

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people on here wanted us to draft him, I thought he would be nothing but trouble when he came out! Basically just because of his two speeding tickets, and by speeding I mean they were both WAY OVER the limit. I just assumed after getting his money he would go out and buy a six figure car$$$$$$, something that he could REALLY speed in.

I must admit, I'm surprised with all of the time he has had on his hands this year that he has stayed out of trouble, I have to give him credit! But I still think that is a Allen Iverson type of guy, doesn't like practice and thinks his God given talent will get him through life, still might be good, but this ain't college anymore!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its official. Mr Clowney is an official bust as Houston put Clowney on reserve for the rest of the season. For those who wanted this guy, he is a complete bust. Perhaps Snisher's pick of Robinson was pretty insight after all. Here's the link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...okie-season-is-officially-done-213801216.html

Come on, Retro

You're better than that.

You can't call him a bust after an injury plagued rookie year.

And some injuries are just bad luck. Take Andrew Bynum for example. Every time he was looking like a future star, he would get a freak injury. First it was landing on Odom foot after going for a rebound. Then, the next season as he's getting back to his 20/10 stats per game, Kobe falls onto his other leg and bam, career basically finished.

I know that is not football related, but I know you know what I'm talking about being a Laker fan yourself.

Maybe Clowney gets through this okay. Maybe not. But I have a hard time calling someone a bust because of injuries they may not have control over ( assuming they are taking care of their bodies of course ).

Russell and Leaf are busts because they didn't take the time to take their job seriously and just wanted to eat and party apparently. Their careers did not "bust" due to injury.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of... ...Ryan Leaf was released from prison today after serving a 2-year stretch in a Montana jail for home invasion thefts.

And Angelakeram. I was also quoting a report on ESPN and an article on SBNation stating the same. Your response above may be a case of crucifying the messenger here.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching him in college I would just cringe watching him play because of his long bird like legs. I knew his knees will not hold up in the NFL. He still has a chance to turn it around next year though

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to the articles and ESPN, mtrcougar. The chatter is indicating that Houston may cut him after the season. He's that bad.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they cut him, I think SJ and boss owe me some crow eating.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted Clowney. lol We are stacked at DE and pretty sure I wanted Sammy Watkins.

I doubt he becomes a bust.. He will get better physically and be the beast he can be. No idea what's wrong with him.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted Clowney. lol We are stacked at DE and pretty sure I wanted Sammy Watkins.

I doubt he becomes a bust.. He will get better physically and be the beast he can be. No idea what's wrong with him.

I know. im just bustin your balls.

I don't think he ever gets over the injury bug. I think his goal in life was to make it to the NFL. Not to play in it and succeed. We'll see tho, I think if he has the same issues next year then we can safely call him one of the biggest bust of all time. Next to Jason Smith. :bawling:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its official. Mr Clowney is an official bust as Houston put Clowney on reserve for the rest of the season. For those who wanted this guy, he is a complete bust. Perhaps Snisher's pick of Robinson was pretty insight after all. Here's the link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...okie-season-is-officially-done-213801216.html

He's getting that knee cleaned out. I'll hold back on the bust call, too much time lost to injury for an underclassmen to throw him under the bus yet.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I partially blame the media. Remember the media coming out saying this guy is the next bruce smith blah blah blah. They were already crowning the kid before he even did anything.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a freak athlete. He's had issues, but he's still gonna be pretty good down the road.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,595.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you really be a bust if you're hurt? Busts are usually guys who play and don't perform up to expectations.