• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rembemer him?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter

It appears that RHP Jerome Williams, a 29-year-old journeyman who has played with Giants, Cubs and Nats, will join the #Angels tonight.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter

It appears that RHP Jerome Williams, a 29-year-old journeyman who has played with Giants, Cubs and Nats, will join the #Angels tonight.

In 2000, I saw him pitch as an 18 yo for San Jose. To this day, the best minor league pitcher I have ever seen. He just blew GAS and I thought "Dwight Gooden."

Like most of my minor league calls, didn't quite happen that way.

John Bowker, Solomon Torres, and Rich Murray to name just a few.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2000, I saw him pitch as an 18 yo for San Jose. To this day, the best minor league pitcher I have ever seen. He just blew GAS and I thought "Dwight Gooden."

Andrew Susac...

:whistle:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I saw Foppert in Fresno a few years later and I don't care what anyone says, that kid was throwing mid 90s with serious movement.

I still to this day think he had a serious injury that he never said anything about. That kid was destined for fame at the big league level. Period.

Shows you what I know.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Foppert in Fresno a few years later and I don't care what anyone says, that kid was throwing mid 90s with serious movement.

I still to this day think he had a serious injury that he never said anything about. That kid was destined for fame at the big league level. Period.

Shows you what I know.
Totally agree.

I was at PacBell during one of his starts. Wandered around and watched an inning from CF. Even near the cable car, you could see the life on his fastball..things have been dark for awhile...then Timmy showed up (quietly Cain too)

KingsOwn19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember, Jerome WIlliams and Jesse Foppert were going to be the 1-2 punch of the future.

Williams was actually very good until the day Tony La Russa complained about his Puka shells being a distraction mid game and he had to take them off. It seemed he fell apart in the game that happened in and never recovered..or maybe the league just figured him out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember, Jerome WIlliams and Jesse Foppert were going to be the 1-2 punch of the future.

Williams was actually very good until the day Tony La Russa complained about his Puka shells being a distraction mid game and he had to take them off. It seemed he fell apart in the game that happened in and never recovered..or maybe the league just figured him out.

I think someone must have had a video camera at that game, so he must have been figured out.