• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining FA ideas

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so we have very little cap space and get some relief with Lappy going out. So who is left that would help.

Bryan McCabe (D) - With Prongers health a question he would provide some veteran leadership, some points and help the PP. Would he be willing to take a 1 year deal at $1.5 to play for a contender?

Antti Miettinen (RW) - a Rw that has 20 goal potential. Can be a top 9 guy and play on the 3rd line. Played last 3 years for $2.33 and could probably be had for 2 yrs $5 million. Played on the Wild so may have more points on a higher scoring team.

Ray Emery (G) - Do we really need another Goalie? Bob may have to go for Cap space if nothing else. $1.75 for a backup is just too much money. Emery made only a pro rateed $500k last year.A 1 year deal at $750-800k?

Zach Bogosian (D) - Only 21 and an RFA so he would have to come via trade. $3.4 hit over the last 3 years. They pay Byfuglien $5.2 so I think they would be willing to pay him whats necessary to keep him. Kimmo is not getting any younger and maybe he could be his replacement. Not sure if the Jets would ever trade him or what it would take, but they shouls at lweast kick the tires.

So, I would like 1 more dman, a top 9 wing and a more cap friendly back up goalie. Thoughts?????:high5::whoo::horn:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ that

and emery signed in chicago and miettenin is going to the KHL.. i believe

i think the flyers are done aside from maybe trading bob

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ that

I was shocked you were up then I remembered your not in Cally any more, lol.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we trade Lilja and someone else for a pick and sign McCabe?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish, free up a contract.

That said, I'll take Nikki Z back fo cheap

He'll go to the KHL, bu tId love a Simmonds-Schenn-Z 3rd line, and we'd learn about all of Z's misunderstandings in 24/7

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked you were up then I remembered your not in Cally any more, lol.

ha ya.. had to make a quick trip to the waukee.. solid time at my cousins wedding though

now i'm back in cali

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ that

Yup.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put anymore moves on hold for now,and let these guys try to remember their teammates names.

I want to see who makes the team out of training camp,and moreso how long it will take for all the new guys to adapt.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we did trade Bob, who exactly would be the backup? Leighton really isn't any cheaper and guys like Backlund and Hovinen have pretty much zero Nhl experience.

I know Bob is overpaid by maybe a million for his current role, but it may be in our best interest to have Bryz as a mentor to Bob for a season and then look to move him for more next offseason. At least then we have an insurance policy if Bryz gets injured this coming season.

It just doesn't make any sense that we supposedly thought Bob was going to be our goalie of the future and yet we sign Bryz to a nine year contract with a no movement clause. What the fuck? Even if Bob does become great as his rookie season may suggest, he won't be playing for us while he is.

Also, nine years for a guy who just turned 31? Do we really expect him to be worthy of a $5.67 million cap hit in a starting role at age 40? That deal may have been a couple years too long to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we did trade Bob, who exactly would be the backup? Leighton really isn't any cheaper and guys like Backlund and Hovinen have pretty much zero Nhl experience.

I know Bob is overpaid by maybe a million for his current role, but it may be in our best interest to have Bryz as a mentor to Bob for a season and then look to move him for more next offseason. At least then we have an insurance policy if Bryz gets injured this coming season.

It just doesn't make any sense that we supposedly thought Bob was going to be our goalie of the future and yet we sign Bryz to a nine year contract with a no movement clause. What the fuck? Even if Bob does become great as his rookie season may suggest, he won't be playing for us while he is.

Also, nine years for a guy who just turned 31? Do we really expect him to be worthy of a $5.67 million cap hit in a starting role at age 40? That deal may have been a couple years too long to say the least.

I am sorry, but unless I really missed something, Bryz does not have any kind of NTC or NMC.

Oh, and Bryz even said he does not know why people think he could be a good mentor. :L

EDIT: OH MY FUCKING GOD! AN NMC?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am sorry, but unless I really missed something, Bryz does not have any kind of NTC or NMC.

Oh, and Bryz even said he does not know why people think he could be a good mentor. :L

EDIT: OH MY FUCKING GOD! AN NMC?!?!?!?!?!?

1. lol

and 2. I don't know why he would say that when every day he posts a new picture to twitter with him teaching a children's goalie clinic

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. lol

and 2. I don't know why he would say that when every day he posts a new picture to twitter with him teaching a children's goalie clinic

ya he really has done a lot of that.. but he has also said he's not the mentoring type.. maybe something is getting lost in the translation haha

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the bolded points are why we move bob.. his value isn't going to get better by spending a year behind bryz, might as well move him now when his value is at it's peak, if you're planning on moving him anyway, which i assume would be the case since bryz is signed for so long

as for the bryz contract i have no answers.. i didnt want to sign him.. i didnt want to sign him long term.. i didnt want to sign him for that much.. and i sure as fuck didn't want to sign him to a NMC

vokoun........ 1.5...................

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking disgusted with the NMC. Adios JVR.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the bolded points are why we move bob.. his value isn't going to get better by spending a year behind bryz, might as well move him now when his value is at it's peak, if you're planning on moving him anyway, which i assume would be the case since bryz is signed for so long

as for the bryz contract i have no answers.. i didnt want to sign him.. i didnt want to sign him long term.. i didnt want to sign him for that much.. and i sure as fuck didn't want to sign him to a NMC

vokoun........ 1.5...................

Vokoun's agent = unemployed