• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reggie Bush's career is over

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the average NFL career is like 2 years.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That concrete he slipped on should be banned. I can smell a lawsuit coming up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2006 draft for me though is the hype that was created that year. Nearly everyone of the top 10 picks that year had a couple people thinking they were going to be generational talents.

Mario Williams was an INCREDIBLY combination of size and athleticism.
People were thinking Bush was the 2nd coming of Sanders or Sayers.
Vince had plenty of people in his corner.
V Davis still is one of the most athletically talented TE to enter the league.
People thought Huff was going to be great.

That draft is just funny because, like I said it probably was one of the most followed and debated drafts, but in the end it was one that wasn't particularly significant in that top 10.
I don't really remember that draft being super hyped. I just remember Bush had a TON of hype and everyone thought Vince Young would bust and Williams shouldn't go above Bush because he didn't help his team win games.

The draft that really failed the hype at the top was 2012 but that draft has been saved mostly by Luck being in a bad division but RG3, Trent Richardson, Morris Claiborne and Justin Blackmon were all highly sought after.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at that draft again and the one thing that is just shocking is how brutal the NFL is.

That was 9 years ago and some of the players on that list have been done for a couple of years already....and some of them 4 years after the draft looked like the best picks of the draft:

Rocky McIntosh
Thomas Howard
Marcus McNeil
Kiwanuka
Santonio Holmes
Bunkley
ect, ect

Joseph Addai
MJD
Cortland Finnegan
Devin Hester
Erik Winston
Barry Cofield
Dawan Landry
Johnny Jolly
Charlie Johnson
Miles Austin

seriously

That's a Probowl team in 2010.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really remember that draft being super hyped. I just remember Bush had a TON of hype and everyone thought Vince Young would bust and Williams shouldn't go above Bush because he didn't help his team win games.

The draft that really failed the hype at the top was 2012 but that draft has been saved mostly by Luck being in a bad division but RG3, Trent Richardson, Morris Claiborne and Justin Blackmon were all highly sought after.

Yeah if Luck doesn't turn things around that draft will look just down right terrible compared to expectations.

Now the 2011 draft though man that one looks good. 8 of the top-11 picks are some of the top players at their respective positions. Really the QB position is what killed the top of that draft. Either that or being the idiot that Aldon Smith has been.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, you have to call it an underwhelming career.

Yeah given how explosive he was in college... I felt like his NFL career never really reached expectations. For a while I chalked it up to poor teams or bad chemistry with the style of offense.. but in the end, disappointing. It felt like he was always right on the cusp of greatness... but never quite got there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah given how explosive he was in college... I felt like his NFL career never really reached expectations. For a while I chalked it up to poor teams or bad chemistry with the style of offense.. but in the end, disappointing. It felt like he was always right on the cusp of greatness... but never quite got there.

Always seemed like when he finally started playing well and looking like he was having a break out season some random injury would sideline him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call "any" NFL player a failure. Reggie never was great in the NFL, but he was solid. He was great in college.

He was a #2 pick.

As such, he was a failure.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say bust because he wasn't terrible but his career was a disappointment. I never saw a player with as much hype and expectations coming out of college and he did not live up to it. Hell, some straight put him in Canton before he signed his contract.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say bust because he wasn't terrible but his career was a disappointment. I never saw a player with as much hype and expectations coming out of college and he did not live up to it. Hell, some straight put him in Canton before he signed his contract.

I would say Ryan Leaf and RGIII were more hyped in my opinion. Many thought they should have been taken 1st overall.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Ryan Leaf and RGIII were more hyped in my opinion. Many thought they should have been taken 1st overall.
Ehh...I'd disagree, but some of that is the media boner with USC.

Remember how ESPN compared the 2005 Trojans to the best CFB teams of all time BEFORE they got beat by Texas? I don't think a single good that had a NFL player came from that Rose Bowl game, either.

*Edit: Jamaal Charles did.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh...I'd disagree, but some of that is the media boner with USC.

Remember how ESPN compared the 2005 Trojans to the best CFB teams of all time BEFORE they got beat by Texas? I don't think a single good NFL player came from that Rose Bowl game, either.

I remember the Trojans being hyped and Reggie being talked about quite a bit but I also remember some questioning whether he could be a 3-down player. I remember them thinking he was more of a compliment piece than the main piece. RGIII especially sticks out to me as a guy that was just going nuts. I mean it is why multiple teams were willing to trade multiple 1st round picks to get this kid. So it wasn't even just media hype it was the teams were pumped by this kid as well.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Trojans being hyped and Reggie being talked about quite a bit but I also remember some questioning whether he could be a 3-down player. I remember them thinking he was more of a compliment piece than the main piece. RGIII especially sticks out to me as a guy that was just going nuts. I mean it is why multiple teams were willing to trade multiple 1st round picks to get this kid. So it wasn't even just media hype it was the teams were pumped by this kid as well.
True, the hype with RG3 was real.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crikey - what a way to end a career if it indeed will do so

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see a guy get injuried, especially at his age but truth be told... His career was over quite a few years ago...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crikey - what a way to end a career if it indeed will do so

Slipping on something off the field of play and ending his career seems to be more fitting for his ex-college teammate LenDale White than it does for Bush.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't really an every down back in college and was more of a 3rd down type in the NFL. He had his moments, but never should have been drafted so high.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see a guy get injuried, especially at his age but truth be told... His career was over quite a few years ago...

Yep. He had a good couple months in Detroit a couple years back when he got there but injuries popped up eventually and that was pretty much it for him. Hell that first year in Detroit was actually the best year of Bush's career. Guy really was just unlucky more than anything. I want to say this will be his 4th or 5th major knee surgery during his career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As recently as 14 months ago he was a very good running back, and one of the top "space" backs in the league.

Then he got hurt, tried to play through it and sucked, and had lost his job to Joique Bell by the time he got healthy.