• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regal Unlimited Movie Subscriptions

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regal goers have been waiting forever for this. I have since AMC sucks here for me.
$

Regal Cinemas, which is headquartered in Knoxville, has unveiled its latest offering - an unlimited subscription plan that will appeal to frequent moviegoers.

The Regal Unlimited subscription will allow users, who must pay a monthly or yearly fee, to see as many movies as they want at Regal theaters, according to Regal's website.

Regal Unlimited will launch in less than a week, according to Deadline.

Regal Unlimited plans range in price, $18-$23.50 per month, depending on where you live. The price to view unlimited movies in Knoxville area theaters is $18 per month, though in other markets the rate may be higher.

Those who live in Nashville, for example, will need to shell out $21 per month to use the plan at theaters there, according to Regal's website.

Theaters in major cities such as San Francisco and New York City require the $23.50 per month plan.

Here's a breakdown of the three available plans.

• Regal Unlimited: $18. You can watch standard format movies at more than 200 Regal theaters nationwide.
  • Regal Unlimited Plus: $21. You can watch standard format movies at more than 400 theaters nationwide.
  • Regal Unlimited All Access: You can watch standard format movies at every Regal theater in the U.S.

How to get the Regal Unlimited plan
Regal Unlimited subscriptions are available to those 16 and up, and it requires the Regal app and a Regal Crown Club membership.

If you don't have a Crown Club membership, one will be created for you when you sign up for the subscription. Crown Club memberships are free.

You have to sign up for the subscription through the Regal app and provide a photo of yourself when you do so, according to Regal's website.

Take note that when you first sign up for Regal Unlimited, you have to commit to a year of the subscription.

Regal Unlimited has two plan options: the monthly plan and the annual plan.

"The monthly plan will continue until it is cancelled. Each annual plan will be automatically cancelled after one year. (To continue your Subscription after such year, you’ll have to purchase another annual plan or change to a monthly plan.)," according to Regal's website.

Regal Unlimited perks
Regal Unlimited will include some additional perks for its users.

They include 10% off all food and non-alcoholic drink purchases and free large popcorn and soft drink on your birthday.

You can also earn Crown Club credits through the money you spend on Regal Unlimited, according to Regal's website.

Regal Unlimited reservations, exceptions

You can make up to three ticket reservations at a time with the Regal Unlimited plan. After three, you must attend one of them before you can make another reservation.

Users will have to pay a $0.50 convenience fee when making reservations through Regal Unlimited.

You will also have to pay additional fees when reserving films in other formats (ScreenX, 4DX, IMAX, RPX, 3D, and VIP), theaters not included in your subscription plan and special events like marathons, double features and fan events.

"All non-movie showtimes and events (such as NCM Fathom Events, MET Opera, concerts, private screenings and sporting events) are excluded from the Subscription Program," according to Regal's website.

For more details on Regal Unlimited, visit regmovies.com.

Other unlimited deals
AMC and Cinemark also offer movie subscription plans.

The AMC Stubs A-List plan allows users to make free online reservations for up to three movies every week in any format, according to AMC's website. It costs $19.95-$23.95.

Cinemarks' Movie Club plan costs $9-$10 and includes one free ticket per month and 20% discounts on concessions.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that they didn't have anything like this sooner. I likely won't get this anytime soon since I really haven't been going to the theaters much lately.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a theater near me on the $21 list. If I was seriously considering it, the 12 month lock-in would be the big turnoff. Framing it as a monthly fee is just a marketing gimmick. You're essentially paying about $200-$250 to watch unlimited movies for a year.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I was in a theatre was 2003? Saw Terminator III in Calgary.

Before that it was the first Batman with Keaton.

All in all, way too much effort. And expensive. And no pause button.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool thanks. Have not been going much but with AMC I can see 12 movies a month for $19.95 and can cancel after 3 months. The theater is less than five minutes from my house and easy to get into and out of.

Know it is primarily to get you in to buy the over priced concessions but I can skip those.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool thanks. Have not been going much but with AMC I can see 12 movies a month for $19.95 and can cancel after 3 months. The theater is less than five minutes from my house and easy to get into and out of.

Know it is primarily to get you in to buy the over priced concessions but I can skip those.

Being able to cancel within 3 months is a big plus with AMC. Having to commit for 12 months is steep.

The closest good theatre to me is 30 minutes. That is a lot of gas money. I'd have to see a couple of movies each I go. Hollywood doesn't put out enough good movies per month to do so. This summer is horrible for movie-going.

I never buy concessions. Idiots do though. Insane prices.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never buy concessions. Idiots do though. Insane prices.

And without those concessions theaters go out of business. Did you know that Hollywood/movie studios take about 80% of the ticket sales for the movies that come out? And in the first few weeks it's more like 90%. Now tell me, if you ran a business and someone came in and took 80-90% of your money in your biggest area right off the bat how long do you think you'd be able to keep that business running? And that's not even including the costs of keeping the building open and paying your workers.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And without those concessions theaters go out of business. Did you know that Hollywood/movie studios take about 80% of the ticket sales for the movies that come out? And in the first few weeks it's more like 90%. Now tell me, if you ran a business and someone came in and took 80-90% of your money in your biggest area right off the bat how long do you think you'd be able to keep that business running? And that's not even including the costs of keeping the building open and paying your workers.

If people want to pay $9 for popcorn and $7 for a drink.....go right ahead. As for the theatres, negotiate a fucking better deal. Without theatres, Hollywood dies off.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the theatres, negotiate a fucking better deal. Without theatres, Hollywood dies off.

It seems you don’t understand how things work if you think that’s even remotely close to a possibility.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people want to pay $9 for popcorn and $7 for a drink.....go right ahead. As for the theatres, negotiate a fucking better deal. Without theatres, Hollywood dies off.

That's like saying the NFL would die off without sold out stadiums. Perhaps one day in the past that might have been true, but it's obviously not the case today.