• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reflecting on the end of the season....

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it's been a long run for the Rangers, but the season officially ends today. What do you guys think were the top 3 best moments and top 3 worst moments of the season. I'll get the ball rolling, feel free to agree or disagree

Top 3:
1) Winning 3/4 in Anaheim during that crucial stretch of the season. Adrian Beltre was on the bench yelling "oh shit, oh shit oh shit" during every home run. That series helped even things up in the head to head between the Angels cuzz starting the second half they had 10 of the remaining 13 games at home against us.
2) Domination of Oakland- Oakland has been a team that historically gives the Rangers fits. This year, our success against Oakland and Seattle were the reason we wrapped up the division.
3) Clinching the Division- This one should be obvious. We're going to the playoffs! not many teams can say that

Bottom 3:
1) John Rhadigan- Talk about starting off the season on the wrong foot, this guy made Rangers baseball almost unbearable to watch. I'd bet almost everyone on these forums could do better then him. He should be forced to donate all the money he made during games to charity. He was so terrible, god awful, holding my nose, excruciating pain, terribly bad, stinking up the joint bad......
2) Failure against the Yankees- The Rangers struggled with the Yankees this year only winning 2/9 games. The Yankees have a mental edge should a post season match up exist. That said, i don't know if they have seen us at full strength and they caught us at a good time in regard to our pitchers (earlier in the season)
3) Mark Trumbo's home run- This bomb gave the Angels life. If Mike Adams could of shut the door. The race would of been over for sure. The Angels built off this home run and got to within 1 game of us. I dislike Trumbo because he just showed up and started getting big hits against us, but you have to give the guy his due.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a better bullpen in the first half we would have won 100 games easy! So the number 1 moment on my list is JD making moves that improved our chances to win not only the division but also in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite moments were Josh homering in his first AB off the DL, and Elvis scoring from 2nd off Josh's infield single were two moments that made me jump out of my seat this year. Also, Yorvit's GS on Saturday had little significance but I was there to see it so that makes the list. Also taking 3 out of 4 from LAA, the clinch, Napoli's 2nd half, Beltre's September, Kinsler's defense, steal streak, and offensive production despite a crappy BA, Young's entire year, CJ and Dutch winning 16 games were all highlights this season.

Low points were our .500 ball stretch while Josh was out, our pen before Adams and Koji, Elvis's errors, Josh during day games, Carlos Quintanilla being on the roster, Ogando and Lewis after the AS break, clinching with a LAA loss instead of a TEX win, John Rhadigan, Tom Grieve talking about fatty cakes and cookies all year.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentry's inside the park home run was one of my favorite moments.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching opposing pitchers' faces as Hamilton, Kinsler, Beltre, Napoli & Cruz pound homer after homer. and seeing MY drop 212+ hits.

and you have know that Detroit, New York & Boston/Tampa are not relishing the idea of facing this line: Kinsler, Andrus, Hamilton, Young, Beltre, Napoli, Cruz, Murphy & Moreland

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly, MY best remembered and worst remembered moments have not materialized yet!