• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Week

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Ray to IR...

This is the time of year non playoff teams start putting guys on IR for the final few games to get a look at young players.

Haven't filled the spot yet, probably evalute someone off the PS... Maybe Jhaustin Thomas. Ray had surgery to have the screws removed from his previous surgery.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see - native Americans spoofed the Redskins with a PR announcement about a name change to the Red Hawks - complete with a cool logo?

The ‘Redhawks’ made you look, now you should listen

The redskins could pull off an marketing bonanza - and a major PR improvement - if they just took the Indians up on the suggestion.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if moving Shane Ray to IR puts DeMarcus Walker back at OLB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed my guy Michael Hunter to the active roster to replace him.

Pumped!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also re-signed WR River Cracraft to the PS.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Cousins here next year
Elway's success has come with a ready made QBs
Cousins also scores with his legs 3rd since starting in 2015
Frees up the draft to improve the team immediately

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CEH I am beginning to the think the best idea is forking over money for Cousins and if that doesn't work a vet like Eli while drafting a QB early to learn behind him 2 years to put a rookie QB in a much better situation to be ready to go and develop without being throw into the fire from the start.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also want to note that Michael Hunter had several teams wanting to sign him off our PS this week.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CEH I am beginning to the think the best idea is forking over money for Cousins and if that doesn't work a vet like Eli while drafting a QB early to learn behind him 2 years to put a rookie QB in a much better situation to be ready to go and develop without being throw into the fire from the start.

Since Cousin started in 2015 his stats are right up there with all the top 5 QBs. His playoff success and team success has not followed him and I don't think he can carry a team like Roth, Brady or Rodgers but in the next group of QBs he's right there.

Analysis | Kirk Cousins has a case to be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL

If the salary cap goes up $10MM, CJ and Watson are $9MM so right there is $19MM. Redo DT and I bet you can get to $25MM pretty easily and Talib is sitting there at $12MM without any dead money. Over the cap has us at $31MM (includes $10MM increase) to start 2018.

If Denver could get Barkley and Cousins and a RT in FA OMG. I hear the RB draft class this year is really good so maybe pick up a RB in round 2 or 3.

Will suck if this team ends up 7-9 . I'm rooting for Lynch to play.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB draft is usually always pretty good minus the Ben Tate year. Yeah it would be a huge letdown to go 7-9 after putting up with the misery of a bad team all year. I think KC will have a lot to play for in the last week and I guess if we do end up beating them which I doubt we at least spoil something for them. I hate losing but I think we need to lose vs the Redskins this week for the better of our future. ;) Ending at 7-9 after a terrible start is almost the worst season in Denver history. We put up with a bad season for a reason and it was for a high draft pick now don't make things worse by winning now. ;)

Last year my non elite prospect want at RB was Aaron Jones who has done well with the Packers. The year before it was Devontae Booker who we drafted. This year it might be Justin Crawford of West Virginia.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB draft is usually always pretty good minus the Ben Tate year. Yeah it would be a huge letdown to go 7-9 after putting up with the misery of a bad team all year. I think KC will have a lot to play for in the last week and I guess if we do end up beating them which I doubt we at least spoil something for them. I hate losing but I think we need to lose vs the Redskins this week for the better of our future. ;) Ending at 7-9 after a terrible start is almost the worst season in Denver history. We put up with a bad season for a reason and it was for a high draft pick now don't make things worse by winning now. ;)

Last year my non elite prospect want at RB was Aaron Jones who has done well with the Packers. The year before it was Devontae Booker who we drafted. This year it might be Justin Crawford of West Virginia.
Yeah 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 will not advance the team forward.

I want the top 5 pick you get in each round. Seeing those top players at the top of round 2 go off the board is frustrating when you select #18.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 is a terrible spot. It's sorta like the screw you for having a bad year. At least if you make the playoffs you can say you made the playoffs and not that I want to pick in the top 10 every year, but when you don't do it often as we don't you tend to want something to change and having a high draft pick now and again is fun.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW

You know your team is not having a good year when every weekly matchup thread turns into a draft thread.

:)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Shanahan will be talking about Cousin soon on 104.3. Would feel better if Mike was evaluating the QBs to draft. You can't teach the art of drafting. The science is simple i.e. combine.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike on 1043

Need a winning organization, need a great defense, excellent running game . Mike said to support any QB.
You need a system you believe in before you can evaluate a QB.

You would go FA or draft? Mike would prefer a natural leader. If you don't have a good running game/defense the first two years is almost impossible for a young QB.

Cousin has the all the intangibles but if you don't have a top 15 defense you will not win in the playoffs. Period.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike on 1043

Need a winning organization, need a great defense, excellent running game . Mike said to support any QB.

You would go FA or draft? Mike would prefer a natural leader. If you don't have a good running game/defense the first two years is almost impossible for a young QB.

Cousin has the all the intangibles but if you don't have a top 15 defense you will not win in the playoffs. Period.

Thanks CEH

To me Cousins is a decent QB not a good or great one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike on 1043

Wish Mike had learned the importance of a good D his last 5 years at Denver. ;)