• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins likely to Change Name.....

What will be the result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Post story had an interesting sentence about how Rivera and Snyder were running the name by military and Native American groups to make sure it was OK with both. That suggests warriors or something similar to me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Post story had an interesting sentence about how Rivera and Snyder were running the name by military and Native American groups to make sure it was OK with both. That suggests warriors or something similar to me.
lame.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minutemen would be pretty cool.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Hogs

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could honor both the Oldest Profession, and Politicians as

The Washington Whores.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the easiest fix, but at one point I read they were trying to avoid any Native American reference with the new name. If accurate, that means complete logo change as well. Might as well try to recoup some sales with a uni change.

We should find out soon; they have announced that a name change has been made. They will announce the new name once all the trademarks are in place.

That brings up another question; does the NFL give the new name/uni permission for immediate change, or do they have to wait for the next window (presumably for next season)?

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sort of offensive, I think not as bad as some people make it out to be.

But then again, you're being just as petty if you argue to keep the name.

Who cares? St. John's changed their name years ago and at the time I thought it was a little extreme, but it hasn't made a difference. They still play basketball. And I still watch them, their nickname means nothing to me.

You could name the teams whatever and the fans will still come to the games and watch the games on TV, etc ... nobody cares...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the easiest fix, but at one point I read they were trying to avoid any Native American reference with the new name. If accurate, that means complete logo change as well. Might as well try to recoup some sales with a uni change.

We should find out soon; they have announced that a name change has been made. They will announce the new name once all the trademarks are in place.

That brings up another question; does the NFL give the new name/uni permission for immediate change, or do they have to wait for the next window (presumably for next season)?

I cannot answer definitively but logic dictates the Logo / Uni / Name Change would be immediate. With today's tech I can't imagine that could not all be in place and restock done in a two or three week period.

I am curious about the color scheme if the name were Red Tails as polls indicated it might be

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot answer definitively but logic dictates the Logo / Uni / Name Change would be immediate. With today's tech I can't imagine that could not all be in place and restock done in a two or three week period.

I am curious about the color scheme if the name were Red Tails as polls indicated it might be

Racist towards foxes...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be red, white & blue once again? You'd think the public pressure would definitely be on the NFL to make the change immediate, but that time frame is getting mighty short.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@YankeeRebel lol I was joking, but you gotta expect PETA or some jackass may go there lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be red, white & blue once again? You'd think the public pressure would definitely be on the NFL to make the change immediate, but that time frame is getting mighty short.

Well... I dunno if you can do red, white, and blue... that represents the American flag colors... and we can't have players who may not agree with 'America' (despite getting paid by it) having to be forced to wear the colors.

I think they just make the change to pink. Can't hate on pink because breast cancer and feminists will start rioting. That's a safe choice.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a bbq at a friends yesterday.....he was serving red skin potatoes.....Most of the guests were deeply offended.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a bbq at a friends yesterday.....he was serving red skin potatoes.....Most of the guests were deeply offended.....

They should be. Salt potatoes and/or potato salad are more appropriate IMO.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally I agreed, any name that describes a group of people by the color of their skin is wrong. But then I read so many studies and polls that showed the overwhelming number of Native Americans were fine or actually liked the name so I switched my opinion. Now I'm just tired of the whole thing and I'm glad they are just doing it and getting it over with.

Snyder was backed into a corner by his sponsors, I love that. Fuck this guy, he didn't want to do it and now he has to so that makes me smile.

Yeah, I can't front. Selfishly I still want the Redskins to be the Redskins and the logo to remain the warrior chief, but its time for the change. And the 1 good thing that comes out of this is watching Snyder being made to bow down with his arrogant dickhead ass.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like RedHawks better than Red Tails and it also has a link to the Red Tails and the black fighter pilots who flew them.

Boeing T-7 Red Hawk - Wikipedia

1920px-Boeing_T-7_Red_Hawk_USAF_publicity_photo.jpg

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anybody remembers, but the only reason it's lasted this long is BECAUSE of Snyder. He fought that sh@t tooth and nail, you don't tell a wealthy MoFo what to do with his business.

15 Sports Teams That Dumped Their Racist Mascots (Photos)

The 'original' premise is pretty bad if you think about it ... we f@cked these people up and took away their home, and they live drunk and impoverished in our deserts, but they fought us hard, so we'll make them logos.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. If true, that's a pretty funny cuck job. Even if Snyder can easily pay for it