• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins broadcast

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guy's heard how disrespectful the Redskins radio broadcast was in that wild-card game .... MAN...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKBz8gMf7MU]Redskins broadcast vs Seahawks 2013 Wildcard - YouTube[/ame]

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol "Just a 1 point redskin lead. A field goal for Seattle would give them a 2 point lead"

No kidding? Did they find a ron fairly to call their football games or what?

Not sure I heard the same things you did though. I didn't see any real disrespect per se, and they did give a lot of credit when Seattle took the lead and won it. Their color guys were both obviously not happy with the trash talking going into the game and thought they were going to hit us in the mouth. At the end they gave credit where it was due and didn't whine over it which is better than their fans did.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sounded like fans not pro's. My favorite part was the int, ya its a long punt.:laugh3::lol:. At first they where talking big but as the game goes on they seem to realize hey there's another QB out there that's playing really well. Than by the end it's all about how good we are. It's like they didn't believe how good we where, most likely had only seen the GB game and for the 1st Q there belief held, but at least they where able to change as the game went along.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That wasn't too bad. If someone could find and post the Patriots announcers they are the worst. When we played the Pats scott Zolak said "Russell Wilson is the worst qb in the NFL." And that was after he threw the td to rice. He spent most of the game talking about how incredible Brady was and how awesome the Patriots were. but as we came back he started to whine about officiating and blame the loss on the pats secondary, never giving the hawks credit. they played it for hours the day after on 710.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't too bad. If someone could find and post the Patriots announcers they are the worst. When we played the Pats scott Zolak said "Russell Wilson is the worst qb in the NFL." And that was after he threw the td to rice. He spent most of the game talking about how incredible Brady was and how awesome the Patriots were. but as we came back he started to whine about officiating and blame the loss on the pats secondary, never giving the hawks credit. they played it for hours the day after on 710.

Wow... I"m gonna have to find that one...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol "Just a 1 point redskin lead. A field goal for Seattle would give them a 2 point lead"

No kidding? Did they find a ron fairly to call their football games or what?

Not sure I heard the same things you did though. I didn't see any real disrespect per se, and they did give a lot of credit when Seattle took the lead and won it. Their color guys were both obviously not happy with the trash talking going into the game and thought they were going to hit us in the mouth. At the end they gave credit where it was due and didn't whine over it which is better than their fans did.

Yeah they backed off near the end but they kinda had too... It was pretty harsh early... lol

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still love the ron fairly like commentary. What idiot wouldn't know if your team is ahead by 1pt that a field goal by the opposing team would give them a 2pt lead? Amateur.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"like taking candy from a baby"
"He's still a rookie" - about RW after a sack

Those were the only two I really heard, but I think if the Redskins had rolled us, we would have heard more. All it took was some defensive stops and the interception of their QB who only threw like 10 all season and they realized they were in a real game with a real good team.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sounded like fans not pro's. My favorite part was the int, ya its a long punt.:laugh3::lol:. At first they where talking big but as the game goes on they seem to realize hey there's another QB out there that's playing really well. Than by the end it's all about how good we are. It's like they didn't believe how good we where, most likely had only seen the GB game and for the 1st Q there belief held, but at least they where able to change as the game went along.

I think that may be a bit of NFC East arrogance. For years, ESPN and Fox have been on their knees slurping up NFC East as if they were God's gift to football. I don't know how many times I have heard how difficult that division is by pundits. Because the NFC West had been weak for so long, I think it was assumed that teams coming from it would be soft, weak, and/or overrated. Obviously, that is not the case but what do you expect from people who don't pay attention to anything East of the Mississippi.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is funny. Of course they are playing to their fan base. It is like that with any broadcast group that does it for their team. To be all upset about it is just funny to me. In the preseason when you watch the games on the NFL network and they use the other teams broadcasters it show their bias to their team. If you put the same game up and listen to the Seattle broadcasters it would be the same but in your favor. They are just playing up for their fans.
2013 should be a great year in the NFC though. I think the Playoffs are up in the air for all teams that made it last year. I do not see any team in the NFC that can say 11 wins is going to be easy. You are going to have to come play each and every weekend. Rams look good. Cards look better. Det has the potential. NO still has that offense. Tampa is a hit or miss team. Chi is better this year. and Phi is a big question at to their talent, and of course NYG and Dal will be in the mix as well. If a team can get to 10 wins they should be in the Playoffs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is funny. Of course they are playing to their fan base. It is like that with any broadcast group that does it for their team. To be all upset about it is just funny to me. In the preseason when you watch the games on the NFL network and they use the other teams broadcasters it show their bias to their team. If you put the same game up and listen to the Seattle broadcasters it would be the same but in your favor. They are just playing up for their fans.
2013 should be a great year in the NFC though. I think the Playoffs are up in the air for all teams that made it last year. I do not see any team in the NFC that can say 11 wins is going to be easy. You are going to have to come play each and every weekend. Rams look good. Cards look better. Det has the potential. NO still has that offense. Tampa is a hit or miss team. Chi is better this year. and Phi is a big question at to their talent, and of course NYG and Dal will be in the mix as well. If a team can get to 10 wins they should be in the Playoffs.

It was a little more than just playing to the fan base... They were boasting and kinda capping on Seattle early on...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a little more than just playing to the fan base... They were boasting and kinda capping on Seattle early on...
Yeah, there's a difference between having a bias and still being professional, and what the commentary was like on that recording. It's like listening to Hawk Harrelson for the White Sox. I absolutely cannot stand that ass hat

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's a difference between having a bias and still being professional, and what the commentary was like on that recording. It's like listening to Hawk Harrelson for the White Sox. I absolutely cannot stand that ass hat

I don't mind listening to homerism on a regionally televised game, but if it's a Nationally broadcast game as the NFC Playoffs are, then I would like my announcers to keep it as objective as possible while talking about the GAME at hand.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind listening to homerism on a regionally televised game, but if it's a Nationally broadcast game as the NFC Playoffs are, then I would like my announcers to keep it as objective as possible while talking about the GAME at hand.

Exactly... Totally agree. :agree:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't this the redskins RADIO broadcast? so it was only going out to the Redskin fans right?

I do not see anything wrong with this other than they are homers talking to Redskin fans and being a little, how you say " To Proud" and a "Us against the world" mentality. Nothing wrong here move along.

Now we don't normally get those type of announcers around here in the Pacific North West but dang people go listen to a New York game radio broadcast ( MLB/NBA/NFL ). I think it's a East Coast thing. lol

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. That is what I was trying to get across in my first post. I do not see it as an east coast thing though. I have watched some baseball and football with broadcasters from Denver, San Fran, Seattle, LA and others (on line) that when it is against your team you react just like this thread is doing, but I did not blast the guys for doing this. The two guys doing the broadcast are specifically for Redskins.com. They have all the locker room reports for us fans after each game win or lose. They are not the most professional sounding reporters, but they are true Skins fans which is why we love these guys. Sonny Jurgensen and Sam Huff are ex-players for the Skins and they have been doing this for over 30 years.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. That is what I was trying to get across in my first post. I do not see it as an east coast thing though. I have watched some baseball and football with broadcasters from Denver, San Fran, Seattle, LA and others (on line) that when it is against your team you react just like this thread is doing, but I did not blast the guys for doing this. The two guys doing the broadcast are specifically for Redskins.com. They have all the locker room reports for us fans after each game win or lose. They are not the most professional sounding reporters, but they are true Skins fans which is why we love these guys. Sonny Jurgensen and Sam Huff are ex-players for the Skins and they have been doing this for over 30 years.

The " I think it's a East Coast thing" was a joke. Yeah but truthfully i see nothing wrong with their announcing. It's not like they were saying "Seattle sucks we should be kicking their ass" Or " they just got lucky and the Redskins are better". They were announcing with emotion and feelings for "THEIR" home team and for the Redskin fans. Again Nothing at all wrong with it and i saw no disrespect. Sure they kept on saying stuff like Seattle talked a lot, which was not true but that's just to help fans get that game day competitive edge going lol. The Fans talked a lot and did some great things like the radar storm forecast in the shape of a Hawk heading to Washington DC :10:.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The " I think it's a East Coast thing" was a joke. Yeah but truthfully i see nothing wrong with their announcing. It's not like they were saying "Seattle sucks we should be kicking their ass" Or " they just got lucky and the Redskins are better". They were announcing with emotion and feelings for "THEIR" home team and for the Redskin fans. Again Nothing at all wrong with it and i saw no disrespect. Sure they kept on saying stuff like Seattle talked a lot, which was not true but that's just to help fans get that game day competitive edge going lol. The Fans talked a lot and did some great things like the radar storm forecast in the shape of a Hawk heading to Washington DC :10:.

They were trying to punk us... Bottom line... That was like a fan that hates Seattle broadcasting the game ... lol common man... That was funny early on how much hate was spewing... They didn't have to say we SUCK but they sure made us sound like a bunch of @#$^ talking punks they were playing..