• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Red Wings and Lightning - Round 1

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Postmaster, up for a game in Tampa?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they're both Saturdays (18th and 25th), I can do either. Do you expect not to get swept? :)

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they're both Saturdays (18th and 25th), I can do either. Do you expect not to get swept? :)
There will be no brooms in this series (unless Howard plays the first 4 then maybe)

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto has already cleared out the kitchen for Babcock and is ready to fill the cupboards with stacks of Benjamins [or whatever face is on large bills of Canadian currency]. If the Wings bow out of the playoffs with a whimper like they did last year, I'm seriously concerned about losing Babcock.

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto has already cleared out the kitchen for Babcock and is ready to fill the cupboards with stacks of Benjamins [or whatever face is on large bills of Canadian currency]. If the Wings bow out of the playoffs with a whimper like they did last year, I'm seriously concerned about losing Babcock.
If the Sabres win McDavid, Pegula will have to offer him a Panamax tanker full of cash but Babs might just be persuaded to uproot to Buffalo.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sabres win McDavid, Pegula will have to offer him a Panamax tanker full of cash but Babs might just be persuaded to uproot to Buffalo.

I could understand the intrigue with resurrecting a downtrodden yet very well supported original six franchise in his home country. It's a little bit tougher to understand leaving a well supported original six franchise and annual playoff participant with full cupboards and strong established relationships & ties for a downtrodden small market franchise with empty cupboards and fridge.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could understand the intrigue with resurrecting a downtrodden yet very well supported original six franchise in his home country. It's a little bit tougher to understand leaving a well supported original six franchise and annual playoff participant with full cupboards and strong established relationships & ties for a downtrodden small market franchise with empty cupboards and fridge.

Who knows, maybe he has a penchant for chicken wings.:noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of getting higgy-glared, I think the Bolts take this series. Also, I read a tweet that Mrazek is indeed getting the start for game 1.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope it goes at least five games, since I will be going to game 5.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

The Sabres prospect pool - even before McEichel - is considered one of the deepest in the league. Maybe he's looking for the challenge of building a group of youngsters and prospects into a competitor.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

The Sabres prospect pool - even before McEichel - is considered one of the deepest in the league. Maybe he's looking for the challenge of building a group of youngsters and prospects into a competitor.

I guess that could be true, but Rochester is second-worst in the AHL this year too. That seems pretty bare to me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're with the big club, then they're not really prospects anymore.
You know what we mean. Their lineup of young talent is impressive, and they have 4 picks in the first two rounds this year to add to that. That's a nice cupboard to dig through.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misguided Series Predictions:

Game 1 @ TB: 2-1 Wings - Most of the game is played in the neutral zone. Not many scoring chances for either team. A seemingly harmless point shot is double-deflected past Bishop early in the 3rd and Mrazek makes it stand despite a strong late push by Tampa.

Game 2 @ TB: 3-2 OT Bolts - Smith takes a needless hooking penalty in OT, Bolts cash in right away.

Game 3 @ DET: 5-3 Wings - Wings score midway through the 3rd to take the lead, add an empty netter. Lots of penalties in this game - 5 of the 8 goals are scored on the power play.

Game 4 @ DET: 3-2 OT Wings - Datsyuk adds another marquee highlight to his 24-hour-long reel with an OT winner goal-of-the-playoffs nominee.

Game 5 @ TB: 6-0 Bolts - Wings send a plane of stunt doubles with them to Tampa for the game. Tampa thoroughly dominates this game from the opening faceoff.

Game 6 @ DET: 4-3 Wings - Tied 3-3 with three and change to play, Detroit in the offensive zone, Nyquist tries to pass the puck back to Quincey, but Tyler Johnson reads it, deflects the puck and is off to the races. DeKeyser manages to double back just in time to hook him and thwart a Grade-A scoring chance. With DeKeyser subsequently in the box and the score still tied, Tampa goes D-to-D on the PP, but the pass flubs off Hedman's blade a little and Glendening cuts it off, races all alone on a breakaway and nets a beautiful forehand-backhand shortie game winner.