• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox put up 17 on Texas & AROD, Braun to go down in PED flames

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't say ARod was a better hitter than Manny?

You sure about that?

I asked if you believed Arod was the best right handed hitter since you listed Manny as #2

So, yeah, I would like you to show me where I said Arod is better

Please don't play a semantics game with me, I know what I write and how I word it.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn

Several feared trapped in Philly building collapse

By Chris Boyette and Justin Lear, CNN
updated 12:31 PM EDT, Wed June 5, 2013

130605121203-01-philadelphia-collapse---single-use-image-horizontal-gallery.jpg
A building has collapsed in an apparent accident at a demolition site, at 22nd and Market streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Wednesday, June 5.

HIDE CAPTION

Philadelphia building collapse

<<
<

>
>>

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• NEW: Witness reports hearing unusual 'rumbling' as building collapses
  • NEW: Bystanders rushed into help, witness says
  • As many as 10 people may have been trapped by collapse, CNN affiliate WPVI says

Are you there? Send us your images and video.
(CNN) -- As many as 10 people are believed to be trapped in the rubble of a building that collapsed Wednesday morning near a popular tourist destination in Philadelphia, city Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers said, according to CNN affiliate WPVI.
Philadelphia Police described the collapse as an "industrial accident." The site is next to the Mutter Museum, which houses medical oddities.
University of Pennsylvania Hospital was treating four patients from the collapse, according to hospital spokesman Stephen Graff. Hahnemann University Hospital is treating two patients, according to hospital spokeswoman Gianna DeMedio. They are were fair condition.
Ari Barker, who witnessed the aftermath of the collapse, said the building was a vacant three-story structure that collapsed on top of a thrift store next door, as well as a busy sidewalk.
130605120134-ireport-philadelphia-collapse-story-body.jpg
Witness describes how building fell
130605120809-nr-philadelphia-building-collapse-person-rescued-00002201-story-body.jpg
Victims trapped in building collapse
"I was in my office in the high rise across the street and felt and heard a rumbling, a very unusual sound," he said.
Bystanders and construction workers rushed in to search for people trapped under the rubble, Barker said.
Rescue crews soon arrived and asked the public and news helicopters to back off to allow searchers to listen for people trapped under the debris.
"We're asking the public to stay out of the area to allow the rescue workers access," the police department said in a tweet.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been told it was an accident at a demolition site, and it has investigators on the way, representative Leni Fortson said.
A witness, Jordan McLaughlin, told CNN affiliate KYW, that a building "collapsed the wrong way and landed on a thrift shop" that had people inside.
McLaughlin said he and others rushed to help people out of the rubble. He said he helped two people out, and saw up to five others escape within the first 10 minutes.
The fire department was called to the site at 10:43 a.m., Capt. Jeffrey Thompson told CNN. Thompson said it wasn't immediately clear whether it was an apartment building or an adjacent building scheduled for demolition.
Video from WPVI showed two people helping a third person, apparently hurt, away from the rubble. It also showed emergency personnel walking on and around rubble on an exposed area of a ground floor

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this just straight hitting or are we taking into account defense....manny and dunn are both great at that.

The conversation is "who is the 2nd best right handed hitter in baseball the past 30 years"... Pujols being the best..

Yankee fans think it's ARod... Despite Manny having a greater avg, slug, obp and OPS+...

Dirt says it's ARod because he has more raw HR and RBI totals (in 1,500 more PAs)

Pete says it's ARod because he stole more bases..

True stories, the both of them... You can go back and read them when both Pete and Dirt try and say they didn't say it..

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pickles, you ok?

#phillystrong

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All numbers count"

So then why are you ignoring plate appearances, walks, doubles, etc... Yet continuing to hump "seasons" as though Manny playing 5 games last year equates to ARod playing 122...

Hanging around a little longer and compiling a few more aggregate numbers does not make him a better hitter.

If you say it does? I'm sorry... But you're embarrassing yourself...

Yourembarrasing yourself. I always love that coming from you. Is it ok if I wait for someone else besides you and Down say that?

Plate appearances mean dick when discussing the same amount of seasons. It just means player A was more Durable than Player B.

Player B doesn't get rewarded for that in the real world

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing guys who played the SAME NUMBER OF SEASONS is the same as comparing a 1 year player vs. a 7 year player.
you do realize why we laugh out loud at you.

You're counting seasons in which manny played in 22 games, 91 games (year #1 and #2 of his career) and 5 games (his last season) as full seasons..

Yeah...you're not the only one laughing...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sucks

i have been to the mutter museum

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Down

I watched latest episode of Game of Thrones last night

HOLY SHIT!!! was that in the book too?

I still have not seen don't do this

Who was the Yankees fan back on CBS that also like the Buffalo Sabres? Dude had his photo with a p0rnstache as an avatar.

I'm drawing a complete blank here...

Me

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I win by default when I'm debating with you and Down

When most numbers are comparable, you can easily move on to the next statistical category.

Now provide us with the entire statline of Joe D and Adam Dunn, cause you implied that the separation between those 2 is the same as Manmy and Arod

I'll be waiting

Manny's OPS is 50 points higher than ARods...

Sorry.. That aint "comparable"...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm used to these 2 Boston fans utilizing only the stats that make their player look favorable, and ignoring the more important stats that make the other player look un-favorable, it's what they do, and it always backfires badly

But the Pedroia Trout comp is one that may take the cake

me comparing their raw HR and RBI totals isn't much worse than you comparing Manny and Arods...you don't like that one?

Fine...

"Paul Konerko > Miguel Cabrera"

~ Dirt, RBI and HR's...

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said.

I really like Dirt...

but nobody, and I mean NOBODY cops out of an argument they have clearly lost, the way you do.

Tell us again how Boston is "the least accountable fan base in sports" when you are sitting here pulling this complete nonsense..

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No, we loved A-Rod"

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I get, is that you are proving yet again that one of the following two statements if 100% fact...

Either

A. You don't understand what "being a great hitter" means...

B. You will blatantly ignore all evidence if it puts a Boston player above a NY player.

There is simply no other plausible explanation for why you're clinging to this NONSENSE that ARod was a better hitter than Manny...

Is Ortiz a better hitter than Ichiro?

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pickles, you ok?

#phillystrong

It was a vacent building...that is where they go do to do drugs...Pickles just blows the dealer and says I don't need the drugs so he is most likely safe.

The conversation is "who is the 2nd best right handed hitter in baseball the past 30 years"... Pujols being the best..

Yankee fans think it's ARod... Despite Manny having a greater avg, slug, obp and OPS+...

Dirt says it's ARod because he has more raw HR and RBI totals (in 1,500 more PAs)

Pete says it's ARod because he stole more bases..

True stories, the both of them... You can go back and read them when both Pete and Dirt try and say they didn't say it..

Is Miggy an option?

that sucks

i have been to the mutter museum

Me too

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny's OPS is 50 points higher than ARods...

Sorry.. That aint "comparable"...

How many more doubles did the monster create for him...that would add to his OPS?

Does that come into the conversation?

I thought so, Floff... then I saw your location as Philly (and the new av, of course).

I live in Philly

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One witness told CNN affiliate KYW that a building "collapsed the wrong way and landed on a thrift shop." The Occupational Safety and Health Administration say it has been told there was an accident at a demolition site

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yourembarrasing yourself. I always love that coming from you. Is it ok if I wait for someone else besides you and Down say that?

Plate appearances mean dick when discussing the same amount of seasons. It just means player A was more Durable than Player B.

Player B doesn't get rewarded for that in the real world

You're absolutely right...

What it doesn't mean is that player A was a better hitter than player B...

Otherwise... start talking about how Carlos Lee totally shits on Don Mattingly...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think the Red Sox hitting 9 Homeruns last night had something to do with them scoring 3 touchdowns"

-DumbDirt