• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox put up 17 on Texas & AROD, Braun to go down in PED flames

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm used to these 2 Boston fans utilizing only the stats that make their player look favorable, and ignoring the more important stats that make the other player look un-favorable, it's what they do, and it always backfires badly

But the Pedroia Trout comp is one that may take the cake

Raw HRs, RBIs and FUCKING STOLEN BASES are "the more important stat" when identifying who the better hitter is...

Stupid Boston fans "cherry picking" things like Batting average, slugging %, OBP and OPS+....

You're losing... HORRIBLY...

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game you're playing with yourself. All numbers count is my point. Honestly, you and Down are in an exclusive club all by yourself that have labeled HR and RBI totals meaningless for HR hitter and run producers

This is where you both say "we didn't call them meaningless", but yes, yes you fo every time you wanna shine the light of greatness on a Boston player

You don't "get it" Ron, you never have.

What I get, is that you are proving yet again that one of the following two statements if 100% fact...

Either

A. You don't understand what "being a great hitter" means...

B. You will blatantly ignore all evidence if it puts a Boston player above a NY player.

There is simply no other plausible explanation for why you're clinging to this NONSENSE that ARod was a better hitter than Manny...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw HRs, RBIs and FUCKING STOLEN BASES are "the more important stat" when identifying who the better hitter is...

Stupid Boston fans "cherry picking" things like Batting average, slugging %, OBP and OPS+....

You're losing... HORRIBLY...

I win by default when I'm debating with you and Down

When most numbers are comparable, you can easily move on to the next statistical category.

Now provide us with the entire statline of Joe D and Adam Dunn, cause you implied that the separation between those 2 is the same as Manmy and Arod

I'll be waiting

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game you're playing with yourself. All numbers count is my point. Honestly, you and Down are in an exclusive club all by yourself that have labeled HR and RBI totals meaningless for HR hitter and run producers

This is where you both say "we didn't call them meaningless", but yes, yes you fo every time you wanna shine the light of greatness on a Boston player

No...you don't get it...I've never once said that HR and RBI are "useless" and have said this to you no fewer than 50 times...so please...keep me out of your idiotic rants..

Runs and RBI are the same fucking stat, just opposite ends of the same run produced...why anyone would put emphasis on one, but not the other, is asinine...

You can't drive home a runner from second with a seeing-eye ground ball single WITHOUT THERE BEING A RUNNER ON 2ND...

Fuck me...this is really basic shit Dirt...

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what color is the camaro you bought Floff?

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I win by default when I'm debating with you and Down

When most numbers are comparable, you can easily move on to the next statistical category.

Now provide us with the entire statline of Joe D and Adam Dunn, cause you implied that the separation between those 2 is the same as Manmy and Arod

I'll be waiting

Is this just straight hitting or are we taking into account defense....manny and dunn are both great at that.

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is, Adam Dunn is a better hitter than Joe Dimaggio was...

both played 13 seasons (so far)... Dunn has 55 more HRs...

"Adam Dunn pisses on Joe Dimaggio"

-Educated Yankee fanbase...

Show me any post where I said Arod is better, pissed on etc

you are taking one stat from a guy that is not even in the same world as DiMaggio, played 65 years apart...and doing what you do.

I am comparing guys that played the same years, same number of seasons, were close in nearly every offensive category and saying there is a discussion that can be had.

you are a dick!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...you don't get it...I've never once said that HR and RBI are "useless" and have said this to you no fewer than 50 times...so please...keep me out of your idiotic rants..

Runs and RBI are the same fucking stat, just opposite ends of the same run produced...why anyone would put emphasis on one, but not the other, is asinine...

You can't drive home a runner from second with a seeing-eye ground ball single WITHOUT THERE BEING A RUNNER ON 2ND...

Fuck me...this is really basic shit Dirt...

Like I said.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"All numbers count"

So then why are you ignoring plate appearances, walks, doubles, etc... Yet continuing to hump "seasons" as though Manny playing 5 games last year equates to ARod playing 122...

Hanging around a little longer and compiling a few more aggregate numbers does not make him a better hitter.

If you say it does? I'm sorry... But you're embarrassing yourself...

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Manny and Arod

who would you want up at bat with the game on the line?

I'd take Manny (unless it was 2009 post season arod)

But I've had this discussion about Manny.....his numbers were always there, but I really don't remember many late clutch hits from him as a Red Sox..........and he shouldn't have been WS MVP in 2004 either

I can't hate Manny.....no way. He did some stupid things and the way it ended in Boston was beyond appalling, but cant hate that guy.........had too much fun watching him

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Down

I watched latest episode of Game of Thrones last night

HOLY SHIT!!! was that in the book too?

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me any post where I said Arod is better, pissed on etc

you are taking one stat from a guy that is not even in the same world as DiMaggio, played 65 years apart...and doing what you do.

I am comparing guys that played the same years, same number of seasons, were close in nearly every offensive category and saying there is a discussion that can be had.

you are a dick!

You didn't say ARod was a better hitter than Manny?

You sure about that?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Manny and Arod

who would you want up at bat with the game on the line?

I'd take Manny (unless it was 2009 post season arod)

But I've had this discussion about Manny.....his numbers were always there, but I really don't remember many late clutch hits from him as a Red Sox..........and he shouldn't have been WS MVP in 2004 either

I can't hate Manny.....no way. He did some stupid things and the way it ended in Boston was beyond appalling, but cant hate that guy.........had too much fun watching him

this

what a loveable dick he was

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the Yankees fan back on CBS that also like the Buffalo Sabres? Dude had his photo with a p0rnstache as an avatar.

I'm drawing a complete blank here...