• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox Pitcher Steven Wright Suspended 80 Games

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced Wednesday that Boston Red Sox pitcher Steven Wright has received an 80-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 2 (GHRP-2), a performance-enhancing substance, in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

The 80-game suspension of Wright will commence at the start of the 2019 regular season.

"I was notified by MLB that I failed a test under the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program during this past offseason," Wright said. "Although I do not dispute the validity of the test, I was shocked, as I have never intentionally ingested anything for performance-enhancing purposes. I have fully cooperated with MLB and will continue to try and identify the source of the result."

The club released a statement after the news was announced:

"The Boston Red Sox fully support Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program and its efforts to eliminate performance-enhancing substances from the game. While we are disappointed by the news of this violation, we will look to provide the appropriate support to Steven at this time. Going forward, the club will not comment further on the matter."

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I was notified by MLB that I failed a test under the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program during this past offseason," Wright said. "Although I do not dispute the validity of the test, I was shocked, as I have never intentionally ingested anything for performance-enhancing purposes. I have fully cooperated with MLB and will continue to try and identify the source of the result."

Huh. Sounds eerily similar to what Ortiz said way back when. Do they teach that in the clubhouse?

:noidea:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh. Sounds eerily similar to what Ortiz said way back when. Do they teach that in the clubhouse?

I think the players association runs that class.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much the same statement all the cheaters make.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced Wednesday that Boston Red Sox pitcher Steven Wright has received an 80-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 2 (GHRP-2), a performance-enhancing substance, in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

The 80-game suspension of Wright will commence at the start of the 2019 regular season.

The club released a statement after the news was announced:

"The Boston Red Sox fully support Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program and its efforts to eliminate performance-enhancing substances from the game. While we are disappointed by the news of this violation, we will look to provide the appropriate support to Steven at this time. Going forward, the club will not comment further on the matter."
He probably also claims he doesn't remember perpetuating the domestic violence that got him a 15 game suspension last season. Maybe next year he can get a DUI. Then he'll have a hat trick.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to wear a messican square dancing outfit like Ortiz did for full effect

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to Edelman, loose games and pay but more time to recover?
But that's a big hit in the wallet for sure.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all don't know me...I be gettin my drank onnnnnnn

Cheel-a-Cella!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the dude a good enough pitcher to be worth this headache? Last of the knuckleballers, and I guess he can pitch pretty much limitless innings of long relief, but now the dude can't even play in the postseason.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the comedian at first.........

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As opposed to Andy pettitte who definitely knew what he took.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that, a Boston team with a player busted for cheating