• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red bryant signed by jaguars

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it didnt take long for big red to get signed it is supposed to be a 4 year deal looks like our former defensive coordinator wants to go after our players might wanna watch for bennett

but all in all good for red that he got a multi year deal and its a plus that he went to the AFC so we dont have to deal with him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Red. Glad to see him catch on somewhere.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal for him and the Jags. Wish Big Red well as long as Hawks not playing the Jags.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we played the AFCS this past season. Hope he does well for them and help turn that franchise around.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we played the AFCS this past season. Hope he does well for them and help turn that franchise around.

Not sure I follow this. I would still love to play that cupcake division again. Red Bryant will not turn the Jaguars around. That team needs a QB, some WRs, a secondary, and a pass rush.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Big Red!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him all the best, but I'm quite stunned at him getting a 4 year deal to be honest. I don't know what the money part of the deal is, but Red is a situational player who is 30 years old and has injury concerns. Adding Red is good for the Jags, but a 4 year deal? That is really surprising to me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him all the best, but I'm quite stunned at him getting a 4 year deal to be honest. I don't know what the money part of the deal is, but Red is a situational player who is 30 years old and has injury concerns. Adding Red is good for the Jags, but a 4 year deal? That is really surprising to me.

I get Bradley wants to hang onto some of what he had in Seattle, but this highly puzzles me as well. For a team that ranked dead last in sacks for the last TWO seasons, they need a pass rush BIG time, and Red does not do that. He was able to eat up double blockers quite often when Bradley was here, but he failed to do that well this last year, and he's marred by injuries from time to time.

Not sure I really 'get' this signing by the Jags. Yah maybe they grab Mack or Clowney at #3 (long shot Clowney is there but maybe) for a pass rusher, but Mack I don't believe really fits a 4-3 and Clowney will likely be gone.

Don't really get this signing.... :scratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he didn't go to a team in the NFC West

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for red. I wish that man nothinbut success. He will always be a part of the team that first brought seattle a world championship.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Red and good for Gus. I imagine Red will become a leader of that defense vocally. Obviously 4/17 seems why but not looking at the guararnteed money Im sure they can get out of it after a couple of years if it doesnt work. But I am really happy for Red and Gus, I hope this works out.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Bradley wants to hang onto some of what he had in Seattle, but this highly puzzles me as well. For a team that ranked dead last in sacks for the last TWO seasons, they need a pass rush BIG time, and Red does not do that. He was able to eat up double blockers quite often when Bradley was here, but he failed to do that well this last year, and he's marred by injuries from time to time.

Not sure I really 'get' this signing by the Jags. Yah maybe they grab Mack or Clowney at #3 (long shot Clowney is there but maybe) for a pass rusher, but Mack I don't believe really fits a 4-3 and Clowney will likely be gone.

I think it is a leadership and mentor signing more then anything. On paper it may be confusing but if he can help turn that defense around through mentoring the rest it will be worth it. It wouldnt shock me to see Thurmond and/or Browner end up over there as well.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Jags were also one of the worst run defenses in the league. I'm sure that's the first thing Bradley wants to shore up.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a leadership and mentor signing more then anything. On paper it may be confusing but if he can help turn that defense around through mentoring the rest it will be worth it. It wouldnt shock me to see Thurmond and/or Browner end up over there as well.

I would keep on an eye on the Jets too. They're well under the cap and could be under healthy chunk if and when they release Sanchez and Holmes. And Idzik was in on building this team for 3 years.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost want to compare it to PC bringing in Lawyer Milloy his 1st year here. A guy he coached back when he was in NE and helped mentor ET and Chancellor. Gus could be trying to replicate that somewhat by bringing in a veteran presence that knows the system.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Red was awesome for us but it was clear he wasn't the same player as he once was… He offers zero pass rush but did stuff the run and ate up TE on the end… I don't see how that move will improve the Jags allot… Maybe a little vs the run but he won't have the same impact he had the last several years… Wish him all the best though… Definitely made his mark in Seahawks history… He seems like a great guy…

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep on an eye on the Jets too. They're well under the cap and could be under healthy chunk if and when they release Sanchez and Holmes. And Idzik was in on building this team for 3 years.

Looks like the Jets have started with releasing Cromartie, which frees up 10 mil in cap space. I think they'll be big players for Seahawks free agents when its all over.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I follow this. I would still love to play that cupcake division again. Red Bryant will not turn the Jaguars around. That team needs a QB, some WRs, a secondary, and a pass rush.

Hard to say if the AFCS will be a cupcake division. Indy is a good team, Houston gets a QB there right back in the talks for a playoff spot, Titans are an any given Sunday team and the Jags can only get better. I'm kind of glad we get a shot at the AFCW this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
4 years at 17 million huh? That makes me feel better. I would've loved to have seen him play for the Niners, but not for that much.