• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red 2 (2013)

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first Red was easily a 10.

When I saw they were doing a sequel I cringed. I thought they were going to screw it up by throwing something together like most sequels do.

Nope. This one was a 9.

Great movie!

First the cast. Bruce Willis, John Malcovich, Helen Mirren, Mary Louise Parker, Brian Cox, Catherine Zeta Jones, and Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Lee Byung-Hun does a great job playing his 'Ishmael' type character throughout the film.

The film centers, like the first one, around John and Bruce's characters with others rotating in and out as need be.

When you have a cast THAT heavy it's easy to get lost trying to give everyone enough screen time and you end up with Mortal Combat II. Never saw that one but that was the problem from what I was told.

The writers did a great job staying focused on John and Bruce and still working everyone else in the to right degree.

Helen's character got a bit more story this time around (rightly so).

Brian Cox as just a couple cameo's but it's all that was needed. You can tell his character and Helen's are in love.

The action is great - it has to be, it's a summer movie - the comedy is there. There are a few twists and turns - some you see coming and some you don't (just like the first).

All in all a worthy sequel and worth the money to go see it.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it but not as much as the first one. It was missing Morgan Freeman for sure.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it but not as much as the first one. It was missing Morgan Freeman for sure.

Well yeah but to bring him back you'd need a crystal ball and Oujia board.

So they gave us Catherine Zeta Jones instead. Not a bad trade, really.