• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the kid just didn't have the "chest and ability to lead, the confidence or swagger" for the Defense in South Bend.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother just told me he heard Luatua is gone, don't know if that's right but in all honesty how do you commit for a week and then change your mind. Were super deep at tight end and when I read his numbers on Scout they show him running a 5.2 , that can't be right can it. Unless he has a ACL tear that's slow even for a guy his size. I am thinking it has to be a mistake. Wondering if the rumor is true though. Even their 300+ lb. lineman run a better forty yard dash. Check Scout out and tell me that's a mistake.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes true. This is why ND is still after the other TE. This is from him.

I don’t think I’m 100 percent yet, but I gave my word to Coach Denbrock, so I’m still committed to (Notre Dame),” he discussed. “I’m just going to keep in touch with Alabama and some of the local schools.”
Luatua says he’s “pretty sure” he’ll end up in South Bend, but admits that he won’t know exactly where will end up until a few weeks from now.

“Probably at the end of January or like right before Signing Day,” Luatua mentioned regarding a final decision date. “I’ll just keep in touch with Notre Dame and Alabama and keep talking to my family.”

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well another blow to the class but at least it's another position that Notre Dame have some quality players on the roster.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its bad news but ND is going after a better TE, so lets hope we land him and dump Tyler.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm guess that is why they never stopped recruiting Schultz, clearly they knew Luatua wasn't completely solid with his commitment.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Purguy I hope you had a great time at the game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was so much fun. The field sucked. Very disappointed at the field crew at Yankee stadium. Players were not happy. I had some good seats. I will try and post some if I can learn how to do it on this site.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some updates;

ND already has Morgan as a commitment.

ND might of found their NT. Penn St Commit 4-5 star Thomas Holley. This would be a big pick up. Word is Holley and ND have talked over the week and trying to set up a visit.

ND feels good about Mckenzie. Also there might be talk about letting him in even if he doesn't get his test scores up because of the big improvements he made in the class room. ND wants to show hard work does pay off. This would the 1st time they would let someone in under their score limit in a long time if this happens.

Andrew Williams has cut ND off their list.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some updates;

ND already has Morgan as a commitment.

ND might of found their NT. Penn St Commit 4-5 star Thomas Holley. This would be a big pick up. Word is Holley and ND have talked over the week and trying to set up a visit.

ND feels good about Mckenzie. Also there might be talk about letting him in even if he doesn't get his test scores up because of the big improvements he made in the class room. ND wants to show hard work does pay off. This would the 1st time they would let someone in under their score limit in a long time if this happens.

Andrew Williams has cut ND off their list.

Wasn't Diaco the guy recruiting Holley. It would be interesting if he chose ND after Diaco leaves.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching Trumbetti yesterday....freakin' animal.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Diaco the guy recruiting Holley. It would be interesting if he chose ND after Diaco leaves.

Actually, I "heard" that Diaco may have done something to cause unease or dislike in Holley. His departure might have influenced Holley in a positive way to reconsider us. I recall a video of Jay Hayes and Holley at a game and Hayes was working him really hard in front of the camera (don't know if it was for ISD or Blue and Gold) but Holley looked totally uninterested. I don't think we get him at the end of the day, but boy, what a pickup that would be.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother just told me he heard Luatua is gone, don't know if that's right but in all honesty how do you commit for a week and then change your mind. Were super deep at tight end and when I read his numbers on Scout they show him running a 5.2 , that can't be right can it. Unless he has a ACL tear that's slow even for a guy his size. I am thinking it has to be a mistake. Wondering if the rumor is true though. Even their 300+ lb. lineman run a better forty yard dash. Check Scout out and tell me that's a mistake.

Heard similar rumors about Luatua. He's still flirting with Alabama and, no doubt, USC. I think a lot will depend on how well Weishar is doing and the competition that brings. Weishar is definitely looking the part by most reports. It would be a blow to depth, but not a huge blow. And our TE depth is pretty good as it is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruits are happy with the new DC. A lot of positives coming from this hiring. Word is Holley is not considering ND because PSU lost their HC and ND hired an NFL type coach. He feels that ND is in better position now to help him develop into an NFL player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard similar rumors about Luatua. He's still flirting with Alabama and, no doubt, USC. I think a lot will depend on how well Weishar is doing and the competition that brings. Weishar is definitely looking the part by most reports. It would be a blow to depth, but not a huge blow. And our TE depth is pretty good as it is.

Weishar is looking better then Luatua and wisher might gain a star because of his performance.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruits are happy with the new DC. A lot of positives coming from this hiring. Word is Holley is not considering ND because PSU lost their HC and ND hired an NFL type coach. He feels that ND is in better position now to help him develop into an NFL player.

I assume you meant "now." Rumor is Al Golden is going to take the Penn St. job. I wonder if that will undo what Holley might be considering with ND. Golden's a good recruiter and defensive minded guy, and a Penn Stater, I always suspected he was going to jump to Penn St. if he got the chance.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I miss the hiring of a new DC? I need to start drinking more then, I was much more effective. Who is it that we got Pur?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss the hiring of a new DC? I need to start drinking more then, I was much more effective. Who is it that we got Pur?

Brian Van Gorder. Was LB coach with the Jets. Prior stint as DC at Georgia. Rest of his resume I am not sure about, but I know he coached decades ago with Kelly so there is a history there.

Word is, its a pretty solid hire. Guy's funny looking as hell though. Looks like a cross between Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite and Smiling Bob from those creepy Enzyte commercials.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Van Gorder. Was LB coach with the Jets. Prior stint as DC at Georgia. Rest of his resume I am not sure about, but I know he coached decades ago with Kelly so there is a history there.

Word is, its a pretty solid hire. Guy's funny looking as hell though. Looks like a cross between Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite and Smiling Bob from those creepy Enzyte commercials.

He was also the DC at Auburn two years ago when they went 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC. That concerns me. But my Atlanta Falcon friends seem to say he was pretty good. He seems to like the 4-3 over the 3-4.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Interesting. NYJ have a decent defense down there. Lets hope he teaches them how to tackle.