• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Receiver is likely Seahawks’ top priority in 2014 NFL draft

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks could pick up a WR in the 2nd. But Mike Evans has put up numbers that should have him off the board before their pick in the 2nd. Benjamin has looked pretty poor in my eyes. Long lumbering strider, but what got me was his lack of focus in the 40. He had a strange hitch in his run that can only meant he wasn't paying attention to technic. He pulled off a 4.60 40 but it was ugly.

Hawks if they do pick up a WR it most likely will be someone none of us have watched and possibly someone not invited to the combine.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, forgot to ask why do you believe he wouldn't believe he would be able to stretch the field? He continually led the league in 40+ and 20+ yd receptions despite having an inept QB that actually missed on average 2-3 deep passes to him deep per game.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS/PC will not drafted based on needs. They will take the best player available that fits their scheme. I mean who saw them taking a RB early last year. Well in their eyes he was the best player available. They will do the same IMO. That being said I'm betting they trade back out of the 1st round to get a couple of picks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking , what could the Seahawks do that would surprise me the most.

I decided moving up in the 1st round would be the kind of move that would shock me.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking , what could the Seahawks do that would surprise me the most.

I decided moving up in the 1st round would be the kind of move that would shock me.

really? i think Drafting another RB in the 1st or 2nd would shock me the most. Moving up wouldn't shock me unless there was a RB picked after moving up lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? i think Drafting another RB in the 1st or 2nd would shock me the most. Moving up wouldn't shock me unless there was a RB picked after moving up lol.

They pick another RB I would have to check myself into a hospital for experiencing hallucinations.:lol:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%. I cant remember them every doing it. On the flip side moving they have done every year, especially in rounds 2-3. Moving up would be most surprising, moving down would be least surprising and drafting any kind of player at their current spot is in the middle.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS/PC will not drafted based on needs. They will take the best player available that fits their scheme.

That's not exactly historically true. All 4 of their first round picks were for needs. Okung, Thomas, Carpenter and Irvin were all needs for the team at the time of the selection. Two were considered reaches, but they did fill a need for the team.

Now, whether with the 32nd pick they'll draft someone who is the top need or not is really the question. Who's gonna be available, and what has been signed to fill other needs could definitely affect who the coaching staff likes. There really aren't many holes on the team. Really, right now the open starting positions for next season are RT, G, K, WR and possibly DT. I really expect Hauschka and either Tate or Baldwin (or both) to be back, and how Hill and Williams are seen by PC/JS will determine how confident they are with them stepping up.

Now, if PC/JS don't think there is anyone who could step in and be "the guy" at their position of need, then I do think they'll go BPA. Though, I've been under the impression that they could take a tackle round 1 and a guard round 2 and both could realistically be starters next year (at least as they compare to draft classes of the past).

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks could pick up a WR in the 2nd. But Mike Evans has put up numbers that should have him off the board before their pick in the 2nd. Benjamin has looked pretty poor in my eyes. Long lumbering strider, but what got me was his lack of focus in the 40. He had a strange hitch in his run that can only meant he wasn't paying attention to technic. He pulled off a 4.60 40 but it was ugly.

Hawks if they do pick up a WR it most likely will be someone none of us have watched and possibly someone not invited to the combine.

I expect Mike Evans to be selected in the 10-20 range, there is not a chance he falls to any team in the 2nd round. I'd take him in an instant at the Seahawks #32 pick. Reminds me a lot of Vincent Jackson.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*

I better get a like from every person on this board when we go defense first, and I mean everyone, including you 234

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*

I better get a like from every person on this board when we go defense first, and I mean everyone, including you 234

feel entitled much? only person or persons that would need to or should want to "like" your post is someone saying they WILL NOT take a defensive player. I have not seen such a remark in this thread. So i would advise you to stop feeling so entitled. Oh and yes your shit stinks like everyone else's.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade Marshawn to the Raiders for their 1st and 3rd and take Teddy Bridgewater at #5. That would be truly shocking.

Although, I actually predict Marshawn being moved in the next year or two.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Marshawn to the Raiders for their 1st and 3rd and take Teddy Bridgewater at #5. That would be truly shocking.

Although, I actually predict Marshawn being moved in the next year or two.

:faint:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would really surprise me is if the Seahawks had a draft that didn't elicit the phrase "I have no idea what the Seahawks are doing picking this guy in this spot" or something similar from the people covering it. At this point, I expect some analytical befuddlement when it comes to the Seahawks draft choices.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would really surprise me is if the Seahawks had a draft that didn't elicit the phrase "I have no idea what the Seahawks are doing picking this guy in this spot" or something similar from the people covering it. At this point, I expect some analytical befuddlement when it comes to the Seahawks draft choices.

I guarantee you're not going to see that because of how poorly they done in the past. Instead they are going to give Seattle and PC huge benefit of the doubt because they are tired of being forced to admit they where wrong on our selections. Like when Russel and the others took a picture of their draft class and the letter F. Therefore even if they feel our draft was an F or D, your going to mostly see a C- as the worst. :yahoo::laugh3:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there will be alot of "I don't know about this one, BUT," or "I don't have him going this high, BUT..."

Definitely benefit of the doubt will be given, all while hedging their bets.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were up to me the 1st 3 picks would be OL, WR and DL in no particular order. However like I said I really am betting we trade our 1st round pick to move back and maybe pick up a 3rd or 4th rounder in the process.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS/PC will not drafted based on needs. They will take the best player available that fits their scheme. I mean who saw them taking a RB early last year. Well in their eyes he was the best player available. They will do the same IMO. That being said I'm betting they trade back out of the 1st round to get a couple of picks.

I agree. I would be nice to get close to the 3rd rounder who don't have.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not exactly historically true. All 4 of their first round picks were for needs. Okung, Thomas, Carpenter and Irvin were all needs for the team at the time of the selection. Two were considered reaches, but they did fill a need for the team.

Now, whether with the 32nd pick they'll draft someone who is the top need or not is really the question. Who's gonna be available, and what has been signed to fill other needs could definitely affect who the coaching staff likes. There really aren't many holes on the team. Really, right now the open starting positions for next season are RT, G, K, WR and possibly DT. I really expect Hauschka and either Tate or Baldwin (or both) to be back, and how Hill and Williams are seen by PC/JS will determine how confident they are with them stepping up.

Now, if PC/JS don't think there is anyone who could step in and be "the guy" at their position of need, then I do think they'll go BPA. Though, I've been under the impression that they could take a tackle round 1 and a guard round 2 and both could realistically be starters next year (at least as they compare to draft classes of the past).

You are correct.