• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really?

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having enough players to finish a game. Thank god for an NBA rule that probably has never been called in league history. This has become an effin' joke in Tinsel Town and is a total embarassment. Jerry Buss has to be rolling over in his grave by now. Clean house and clean house now! :wtf2:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're spiraling towards a #1 pick though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone out there that actually thinks D'Antoni will be our head coach next year?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upper management has nothing to do with injuries, if anything some blame needs to go on the training staff.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shqdaddy11, I almost puked when he was hired him over Phil Jackson. One of many Laker brass blunders in the last two seasons.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absoulutely do. You don't sign players to huge contracts with a history of injuries (Steve Nash, Jordan Farmar, Steve Blake, Kobe Bryant, etc.) You also don't let players go when you know they are without getting something for them before they do (Dwight Howard). You also don't hire coaches who have done nothing in their career over hall of fame coaches either. This demise is totally the Laker front office's fault!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absoulutely do. You don't sign players to huge contracts with a history of injuries (Steve Nash, Jordan Farmar, Steve Blake, Kobe Bryant, etc.) You also don't let players go when you know they are without getting something for them before they do (Dwight Howard). You also don't hire coaches who have done nothing in their career over hall of fame coaches either. This demise is totally the Laker front office's fault!

They fully expected to sign Dwight. Why would they have traded him?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard sucks anyway and Phil isn't going to live forever and coach 100 years, we have to move on from him sometime. D'Antoni has been incompetent from start to finish though and the second a good coach actually becomes available we should jump all over that.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Nash didn't have injuries problems before Lakers signed him, if anything he took a discount to come here, at that time we needed a PG badly & Nash was the only one available, he was coming of a good season in Phoenix. You have to roll the dice sometimes & let's not forget how Stern vetoed the Chris Paul trade all this is not on management for what happen before & after.

2. Why wouldn't you sign Farmar & Kobe are you serious ?? Farmar is young & only signed for a 1 year deal, & Kobe was always durable before the achillies injury, their is no history of injuries the way you assume, what do you think they are Tracy McGrady ??

3. We all know that the Lakers trading Bynum for Howard was a wise decision at the time & a gamble, but in the end if Dwight didn't want to stay that's on him, besides he became a total bitch! in the end.

4. I'm not saying Lakers front office hasn't made mistake, we all know they have, but no one also expected this many injuries, you cant blame front office for someone bumping a knee or twisting an ankle or landing wrong. Many of these guys are young, So it's not like we are too old to say "that's why we are getting injured".

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upper management has nothing to do with injuries, if anything some blame needs to go on the training staff.

I was thinking about this last. The Lakers are generally thought to have one of the better training staffs out there. However, we are seeing players come back from injury only to get injured again soon after. Could the grass-feed Tim diet be compromising the health of the players bodies? Imbalanced training techniques? I'd like to think that it is just bad luck.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think much of it is the training staff's fault. The injury issue is just from a multitude of things. Guys like Kobe and Nash will have injuries because they're old. It happens. I wouldn't say Nash didn't suffer with injuries prior to LA either. While its true he didn't miss a ton of time in PHX, his last several years he had tons of nagging injuries, mostly with his back. He would routinely sit out quarters or miss a game or two. He's 40 now and beat up. Blake is no spring chicken either so it isn't entirely surprising to see him injured either. Same goes for Pau, who is good to miss a few games each year with nagging injuries. Now you're down to bench guys player major minutes, something they aren't use to. Increased minutes means increased risk for injuries, especially from a D'Antoni team that plays a fast pace and if his practices are anything like they were in NY and PHX, they run a lot in those too (I don't know if they are in LA, I haven't read about them). It's really just a perfect cocktail mix for a MASH unit basketball team.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also don't hire coaches who have done nothing in their career over hall of fame coaches either. This demise is totally the Laker front office's fault!

Normally coaches don't say "I have to think about it", when offered the job of coaching a Lakers team with Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol, too.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like the basketball gods want revenge on us after all these years. I've never seen a sequence of events/injuries over a few years take down a team like it has the Lakers.....but brighter days are ahead

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally coaches don't say "I have to think about it", when offered the job of coaching a Lakers team with Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol, too.

^^^THIS^^^ If anyone has any question about why Phil isn't the Lakers coach.......read this post!!

Last edited by a moderator: